[Poll] What weapon would you like to get for the next Mesmer Elite Spec?

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Coming back to this as much as I want a 2H hammer spec, actually I'd rather have a new elite spec I *don't* want to play - because my current feeling is that I want to stick with Mirage after dabbling with any new spec.

>

> So on that note, choosing weapons I don't want to use - that would be things like MH Pistol or Shortbow. If the new elite spec has either of those weapons then it's pretty much guaranteed I'll continue maining Mirage.

Don't be a downer, MH Pistol offers so many deception options. We need it!

1. Dagger

2. Shortbow

3. Pistol.

This is mostly based on the legendaries I have and how much I like them. So we have Chronomancer, which is defensive, supportive, and plays with time by slowing enemies and giving quickness and alacrity to allies. Mirage which is a condi damage spec that focuses on the intangibility of mesmers. The next style of elite spec I'd like to see is a heavy crit based spec that focuses on how sadistic a mesmer can be and how they can get into your mind. A Psychomancer. An entire elite spec that's just based on ruining your opponent mentally long before you go in for the kill, harkening back to the way GW1 mesmers were more like. And I think dagger fits in with that.

You could have utilities like

**Friendliest of Fire**: Deceive the enemy target, making all their attacks capable of striking allied targets for 3 seconds. 60 Second Cooldown.

**Alliance of Convenience**: Deceive the enemy target. The Enemy target treats the Mirage as a friendly target for 3 seconds. The Mirage can still attack the target. 60 Second Cooldown.

**Convincing Illusions**: All your active illusions apply taunt to their current target for 1 second. 24 second cooldown.

**Hall of Mirrors (Elite)**: Send out a wave of deceptive energy that makes making up to 5 enemies see all units as the Mirage for 10 seconds. 180 second cooldown.

Anyway this has drawn on and become too much of my own fan fic Elite Spec suggestion so I'm done.

After that I like Chuka and Chumpawat and wouldn't mind chilling in town wearing it more than I like Quip or H.O.P.E. Especially since none of the Scholar classes use longbows or shortbows (Conjure Ice Bow doesn't count).The only way I'd like pistol is if there was this cool Touch of Madness style skin made for pistol that's just this magically energy running through your arm that allows you to shoot magic from it. I'm just not a fan of firearms in general as something I enjoy and identify with.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > Coming back to this as much as I want a 2H hammer spec, actually I'd rather have a new elite spec I *don't* want to play - because my current feeling is that I want to stick with Mirage after dabbling with any new spec.

> >

> > So on that note, choosing weapons I don't want to use - that would be things like MH Pistol or Shortbow. If the new elite spec has either of those weapons then it's pretty much guaranteed I'll continue maining Mirage.

>

> Don't be a downer, MH Pistol offers so many deception options. We need it!

Maybe I'd like it depending on the skills/theme. Oh dear, but I really don't want to be tempted to go for HOPE, if we get mh pistol and it happens to be cool... :o

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> Don't be a downer, MH Pistol offers so many deception options. We need it!

What for? We already have a power melee, power ranged, condi melee and condi ranged option. What other weapon do we need? I didn't even count our already-useless one.

• 8 months later...

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> 1. Dagger

> 2. Shortbow

> 3. Pistol.

>

> This is mostly based on the legendaries I have and how much I like them. So we have Chronomancer, which is defensive, supportive, and plays with time by slowing enemies and giving quickness and alacrity to allies. Mirage which is a condi damage spec that focuses on the intangibility of mesmers. The next style of elite spec I'd like to see is a heavy crit based spec that focuses on how sadistic a mesmer can be and how they can get into your mind. A Psychomancer. An entire elite spec that's just based on ruining your opponent mentally long before you go in for the kill, harkening back to the way GW1 mesmers were more like. And I think dagger fits in with that.

>

> You could have utilities like

> **Friendliest of Fire**: Deceive the enemy target, making all their attacks capable of striking allied targets for 3 seconds. 60 Second Cooldown.

> **Alliance of Convenience**: Deceive the enemy target. The Enemy target treats the Mirage as a friendly target for 3 seconds. The Mirage can still attack the target. 60 Second Cooldown.

> **Convincing Illusions**: All your active illusions apply taunt to their current target for 1 second. 24 second cooldown.

> **Hall of Mirrors (Elite)**: Send out a wave of deceptive energy that makes making up to 5 enemies see all units as the Mirage for 10 seconds. 180 second cooldown.

>

> Anyway this has drawn on and become too much of my own fan fic Elite Spec suggestion so I'm done.

>

> After that I like Chuka and Chumpawat and wouldn't mind chilling in town wearing it more than I like Quip or H.O.P.E. Especially since none of the Scholar classes use longbows or shortbows (Conjure Ice Bow doesn't count).The only way I'd like pistol is if there was this cool Touch of Madness style skin made for pistol that's just this magically energy running through your arm that allows you to shoot magic from it. I'm just not a fan of firearms in general as something I enjoy and identify with.

I just want to use my Dreamer on my mesmer! Rainbow unicorns would go perfect with a mesmer! :D