Please enhance the character block feature.

Blocking should:

- Remove the person from following you (called a "softblock", on social media platforms).

- Prevent you from being added again.

- Hide your location and status in the world from them by all means, e.g guild panel.

- Hide their messages, auto-deny party & squad requests, etc.

- Hide their character model entirely, and hide your character model from them.

- Mute all sounds coming from them and mute all sounds coming from you, for them.

Basically they just should stop existing to your client, and you should stop existing to theirs. Server-side, non-negotiable.

Even when there's a third party involved (e.g you both get added to the same squad by someone else), it should show a shadow portrait like it does when the player isn't on the map, and Blocked Player for their name, and hide their health etc.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Blocking should:

> - Remove the person from following you (called a "softblock", on social media platforms).

> - Prevent you from being added again.

> - Hide your location and status in the world from them by all means, e.g guild panel.

> - Hide their messages, auto-deny party & squad requests, etc.

> - Hide their character model entirely, and hide your character model from them.

> - Mute all sounds coming from them and mute all sounds coming from you, for them.

>

> Basically they just should stop existing to your client, and you should stop existing to theirs. Server-side, non-negotiable.

>

> Even when there's a third party involved (e.g you both get added to the same squad by someone else), it should show a shadow portrait like it does when the player isn't on the map, and Blocked Player for their name, and hide their health etc.

And how would you pug raids with this feture if commander hav either of you blocked and you cant support the one you got blocked?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Lyttle.9426" said:

> > > @"WolfOwl.3968" said:

> > > > @"Lyttle.9426" said:

> > > > Infusions are not an abuse nor do I see how it can be abused.

> > >

> > > Clearly you've never been next to someone who had so many stacked they were basically just a glowing eyesore, and they stood in front of the AH or other spot just to blind everyone there

> >

> > No I havent. Id like to see a screen shot of one. I didn't know infusions were additive. I thought you could only have one on at a time.

> >

> >

>

> Ask and you shall recieve

>

>

Wow!! That's just plain nuts.

> And how would you pug raids with this feture if commander hav either of you blocked and you cant support the one you got blocked?

Personally I dont want to team with anyone Ive blocked. I blocked them for a reason...I dont want to play with them.

It's a big game with a huge population...Im sure I wont have any problem Puging.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Honestly, the block feature as it stands is fine.

>

> If what we have now is not sufficient to make you feel comfortable, and an individual is creating a hostile environment, report them.

>

> If it’s behavior that is not reportable, maybe people need to be more tolerant.

Reporting is one thing. Harmlessly removing them from your gaming experience by blocking is another. Tolerance in the face of hostility is intolerable.

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > Blocking should:

> > - Remove the person from following you (called a "softblock", on social media platforms).

> > - Prevent you from being added again.

> > - Hide your location and status in the world from them by all means, e.g guild panel.

> > - Hide their messages, auto-deny party & squad requests, etc.

> > - Hide their character model entirely, and hide your character model from them.

> > - Mute all sounds coming from them and mute all sounds coming from you, for them.

> >

> > Basically they just should stop existing to your client, and you should stop existing to theirs. Server-side, non-negotiable.

> >

> > Even when there's a third party involved (e.g you both get added to the same squad by someone else), it should show a shadow portrait like it does when the player isn't on the map, and Blocked Player for their name, and hide their health etc.

>

> And how would you pug raids with this feture if commander hav either of you blocked and you cant support the one you got blocked?

They're still welcome to join the group, but thinking I should talk to or support them is silly. I'm not required to help anyone, I just do it because I want to and generally people are nice and don't try to make the game exhausting for others.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > Blocking should:

> > - Remove the person from following you (called a "softblock", on social media platforms).

> > - Prevent you from being added again.

> > - Hide your location and status in the world from them by all means, e.g guild panel.

> > - Hide their messages, auto-deny party & squad requests, etc.

> > - Hide their character model entirely, and hide your character model from them.

> > - Mute all sounds coming from them and mute all sounds coming from you, for them.

> >

> > Basically they just should stop existing to your client, and you should stop existing to theirs. Server-side, non-negotiable.

> >

> > Even when there's a third party involved (e.g you both get added to the same squad by someone else), it should show a shadow portrait like it does when the player isn't on the map, and Blocked Player for their name, and hide their health etc.

>

The same thing I would already do if someone I have on my blocklist appears in the squad:

For raid squads:

I ask the commander to kick that person together with the reason that person is on my blocklist.

If the commander decides to keep the person, I leave.

So far this has never happened because my block list isn't that full and I doubt any of those cretins play the game good enough to raid.

For WvW and open world squads:

You can easily be in the same squad and not support each other. 50 people is quite a lot. Just make sure you don't end up in the same sub-group.

> @"Lyttle.9426" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> > > > @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> > > > I believe there’s a option setting to mute other player instruments & minis noises like the Super adventure box ones

> > >

> > > The problem with that feature is that I don't want to mute all players. Most players use their instruments to play nice music and it's always fun / interesting hearing someone play and then checking out where the music comes from. I only want to block the players who abuse their instruments.

> >

> > I guess I would ask: where do we stop? I want to block that players polyluminescent infusion but not that ones?

> >

> > And I want to be able to block the pink ones, but hey those blue ones are cool?

> >

> > While we are at it, how about legendary effects: I want the Meteorologicus one, but incinerator drives me crazy..?

> >

> > I am being somewhat facetious, but the ability to block their music exists.

> >

> > Wiping them from the game (in a manner of speaking) doesn’t seem like a practical option.

> >

> >

>

> I think you ran with this a bit far. This is simply about players that abuse certain features of the game to annoy others. Infusions are not an abuse nor do I see how it can be abused. If you ran the incinerator effect non-stop for a few hours while stationary at a crowded point, well then yes.....that is abuse, and quite frankly "botting" as I'm sure the player is not at the keyboard spamming the same key for a few hours.

I find most infusions to be annoying.

Starting from a position of, "if it bothers me its a problem for the game, but things that don't bother me are OK," may be problematic.