"Lesser Lava Font" removed. Is this intended?

Euclid.2517

I logged in and find out the lesser lava font is removed, however **it is not mentioned** in the official balance patch.

> Persisting Flames: This trait no longer grants fury when using a blast finisher with a fire combo field. Instead, this trait will now grant the elementalist an additional 1% damage for 15 seconds for each target struck with a fire field. This effect stacks up to 10 times.

Is this intended? If so the old version is much better.. We lost a fury source and the ability to resurrect ourself when downed, which happens a lot to this class.

Solo ele in open world is not supposed to be a thing. You are not supposed to have any self boons or any way to come back from being downed in 1 shot from a random mob you didn't see. Just bring a pocket firebrand or play another class. The devs obviously don't care at all about solo elementalist builds. But necro getting access to all the essential boons for free and with no effort is fine, with that amazing downstate and their shroud too.

I will show you the broken build for might/fury/sustain/dps for OW, PvP, WvW :

>! The Elenecromancer

>! Go in character selection, delete elementalist, create new character, Necromancer. It works too with guardian, soulbeast, holo, deadeye ...

But yes, for a flat 10% dmg in raids/fractals, we lose an important trait for OW, PvP, WvW.

And the second one ... !? I don't know ... Like "you can generate mights in fire attunement. **PRANK** you can't anymore, we removed your stacks :lol: :lol: :lol: " But yes you get a beautiful flame expulsion that does 2k dmg at very best but you've just lost 300 power and condition damage ...

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> I will show you the broken build for might/fury/sustain/dps for OW, PvP, WvW :

> >! The Elenecromancer

> >! Go in character selection, delete elementalist, create new character, Necromancer. It works too with guardian, soulbeast, holo, deadeye ...

>

> But yes, for a flat 10% dmg in raids/fractals, we lose an important trait for OW, PvP, WvW.

> And the second one ... !? I don't know ... Like "you can generate mights in fire attunement. **PRANK** you can't anymore, we remove your stacks :lol: :lol: :lol: " But yes you got a beautiful flame expulsion that does 2k dmg at very best but you just lost 300 power and condition damage ...

>

Don't forget that once elementalist starts to overperform in the benchmarks again, they will nerf the dps somehow. Maybe by nerfing some skills. However, the trait will remain a simple damage modifier forever, with no fury or downed lava font. You won't even get to keep the higher raid dps you have now in a few balance patches, so the worst has yet to come.

It looks to me like they are systematically stripping everything from the class except the damage. But the damage is still not allowed to be higher than everyone else, so you end up losing so much and getting nothing to compensate in the end.

Next time it should be at least mentioned on the patch notes. I was liking (and I like) the buff damage, but removing lesser lava font its make a huge change in how ele can come back in fractals and open world. Maybe could you just restore it?

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > I will show you the broken build for might/fury/sustain/dps for OW, PvP, WvW :

> > >! The Elenecromancer

> > >! Go in character selection, delete elementalist, create new character, Necromancer. It works too with guardian, soulbeast, holo, deadeye ...

> >

> > But yes, for a flat 10% dmg in raids/fractals, we lose an important trait for OW, PvP, WvW.

> > And the second one ... !? I don't know ... Like "you can generate mights in fire attunement. **PRANK** you can't anymore, we remove your stacks :lol: :lol: :lol: " But yes you got a beautiful flame expulsion that does 2k dmg at very best but you just lost 300 power and condition damage ...

> >

>

> Don't forget that once elementalist starts to overperform in the benchmarks again, they will nerf the dps somehow. Maybe by nerfing some skills. However, the trait will remain a simple damage modifier forever, with no fury or downed lava font. You won't even get to keep the higher raid dps you have now in a few balance patches, so the worst has yet to come.

>

> It looks to me like they are systematically stripping everything from the class except the damage. But the damage is still not allowed to be higher than everyone else, so you end up losing so much and getting nothing to compensate in the end.

But..ele hasn't got the highest DPS and neither is the primary choice by raid groups outside pug......it's like teams going around with 5-6 weavers and not dragonhunters.....

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> I will show you the broken build for might/fury/sustain/dps for OW, PvP, WvW :

> >! The Elenecromancer

> >! Go in character selection, delete elementalist, create new character, Necromancer. It works too with guardian, soulbeast, holo, deadeye ...

>

> But yes, for a flat 10% dmg in raids/fractals, we lose an important trait for OW, PvP, WvW.

> And the second one ... !? I don't know ... Like "you can generate mights in fire attunement. **PRANK** you can't anymore, we removed your stacks :lol: :lol: :lol: " But yes you get a beautiful flame expulsion that does 2k dmg at very best but you've just lost 300 power and condition damage ...

>

**Elementalists:** o_O we have some boons?! might stucks?!

**AnEt:** ohhhh no... we have to remove them, have a nice play :)

> @"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:

> > @"MarzAttakz.9608" said:

> > You know the last time they so blatantly pulled this kitten was to release Revenant so maybe there's a new class on the horizon, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

> Maybe not new class, but high possibly new elite spec.

Should we laugh or should we cry !? I don't know any more.

Maybe Anet is trying to remove downstate traits over time.

Like, many traits which added effects to your downstate are already deleted.

I remember when engineer had a trait that created an oil puddle and some bandages at the engineer's location when downed (Always Prepared).

Or a trait that gave the ranger's pet quickness when the ranger is downed (Instinctual Bond).

> @"Inferno Jack.8631" said:

> This change is so bad for solo play. No more reliable way to keep Fury up and no lava font to save you from the frequent downs because of the class's low hp and armor.

More than that, it is a devastating change. This trait was the only thing that prevented ele from beeing unplayable in solo (power build, of course). I mean, it was almost part of the rotation. Without it, I can't imagine playing power in solo harder content. Going condi bunker seems to be the only way...

We lost a very interesting trait for what ? A simple % damage trait, totally uninteresting and not creative at all.

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> I mean, Lesser lava font did more damage than Lava font, since anet can't buff lava font, just delete lesser lava font :trollface:

That is true =) So hilarious that a "lesser" does more damage than the normal version

> @"Euclid.2517" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > I mean, Lesser lava font did more damage than Lava font, since anet can't buff lava font, just delete lesser lava font :trollface:

>

> That is true =) So hilarious that a "lesser" does more damage than the normal version

It also last 2 seconds more, was a great skill and sustain tool.

While I can cope with other changes, this one (if it is not a BUG) is a complete hinderance of Elementalist in Open World. Not only Ele has the lowest armor and the lowest hp pool. Now it also has basically NO possibilites of mitigating the damage.

Lesser Lava font on DOWNED STATE was one of the last resort options to kill the enemies after they sneezed at you. With it gone you have to basically dance around like a mad man, poking them with your attacks in an endless carnival of frustration. Then you basically go onto another class (ANY ONE OF THEM) and see, how actually fun they are. With so many possibilies.

Elementalist has none. A shadow of what is was supposed to be. Thanks.

> @"eMKay.4028" said:

> While I can cope with other changes, this one (if it is not a BUG) is a complete hinderance of Elementalist in Open World. Not only Ele has the lowest armor and the lowest hp pool. Now it also has basically NO possibilites of mitigating the damage.

> Lesser Lava font on DOWNED STATE was one of the last resort options to kill the enemies after they sneezed at you. With it gone you have to basically dance around like a mad man, poking them with your attacks in an endless carnival of frustration. Then you basically go onto another class (ANY ONE OF THEM) and see, how actually fun they are. With so many possibilies.

>

> Elementalist has none. A shadow of what is was supposed to be. Thanks.

Elementalist and basically no way to mitigate damage?

I don't think that is a fair statement.

Elementalist has 3 evade skills on dagger (fire, earth, and air attunements).

1 evade skill on staff.

With weaver another evade skill on sword.

You have blocks: stone sheath (earth shield 2), arcane shield.

You have invulnerability: fortify (earth shield 5), mist form, obsidian flesh

You have damage reduction effects: frost aura, protection, geomancer's training (earth minor trait), weave self, stone flesh (another earth minor trait)

You have blinds.

Elementalist has alot of active defense. Less facetanking and more preventing or reducing damage of incoming attacks with skills which require timing.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"eMKay.4028" said:

> > While I can cope with other changes, this one (if it is not a BUG) is a complete hinderance of Elementalist in Open World. Not only Ele has the lowest armor and the lowest hp pool. Now it also has basically NO possibilites of mitigating the damage.

> > Lesser Lava font on DOWNED STATE was one of the last resort options to kill the enemies after they sneezed at you. With it gone you have to basically dance around like a mad man, poking them with your attacks in an endless carnival of frustration. Then you basically go onto another class (ANY ONE OF THEM) and see, how actually fun they are. With so many possibilies.

> >

> > Elementalist has none. A shadow of what is was supposed to be. Thanks.

>

> Elementalist and basically no way to mitigate damage?

> I don't think that is a fair statement.

>

> Elementalist has 3 evade skills on dagger (fire, earth, and air attunements).

> 1 evade skill on staff.

> With weaver another evade skill on sword.

>

> You have blocks: stone sheath (earth shield 2), arcane shield.

>

> You have invulnerability: fortify (earth shield 5), mist form, obsidian flesh

>

> You have damage reduction effects: frost aura, protection, geomancer's training (earth minor trait), weave self, stone flesh (another earth minor trait)

>

> You have blinds.

>

> Elementalist has alot of active defense. Less facetanking and more preventing or reducing damage of incoming attacks with skills which require timing.

>

>

I was speaking from PvE perspective only. Ele vs. high level (expansions and beyond) mobs. The enemies that lift a finger and you're down.

There is no possibility to facetank on Ele, coz you will die. That's not a bad thing. Actually the main selling point of Elementalist was to be able to kite and blast your enemies before they kill you. With each balance iteration it becomes more and more difficult to a point where you are no longer nimble spellcaster but rather a glass statue poking mobs with a stick, going down with every sneeze.

The skills that you listed are only situational and likely to be used in PvP and WvW.

Earth shield - who uses that conjure? Not mentioning conjures are a clunky mess that you use on occasion to maybe run away (FGS), freeze a target (IB) or up that dps a bit in raids? Almost every person in raid scenario would rather not take conjures but hey, that dps meter gotta go up!

Arcane shield - well, maybe, but it's still a loss of utility slot whereas other classes can bring usefull utilities without sacrificing one just for defence - again, PvE perspective.

Mist Form - again, WvW and PvP skill, on high cooldown so a loss of utility.

You will hardly take dagger into PvE content because of lackluster dmg and close proximity. Focus is a defensive weapon and if youre not playing condi weaver you would rather not take it just for that 60s cooldown obsidian flesh, that also locks you out of your other skills.

You are talking about lackluster skills that only see usage in competitive modes. The idea of PvE is to kill before they kill you. There are too many enemies running around to play a defensive build practising for a PvP match. The Lesser Lava Font was one of Elementalists specific get out of jail cards - imagine kiting 5+ veterans. You have no passive defense, nothing. You dont run defensive stats coz it's not optimal in PvE. Imagine the last veteran downed you but you still had a chance of killing it with the Lava Font. Now you have nothing. In downed state you can poje mobs with lightning, mist form away but still within mobs aggro. Nothing else. I'm not even talking about the fact that Necromancers can get themselves up with #1 downed state attack.

If have to take defensive route with an Elementalist to survive in PvE content that means it's time to switch classes . NO other class needs that.

> @"eMKay.4028" said:

> If have to take defensive route with an Elementalist to survive in PvE content that means it's time to switch classes . NO other class needs that.

Agreed, with full dps build, ele goes down a lot faster than anyone else. And when downed, those useless downed skill won't help you. Additionally, you also die more quickly on downed state because lowest health and armor.

This is why ele needed downed lava font. It was the only saving grace.

Go try to kill those veterans fire djinns and see how it fares now.