Can we please nerf thief's shortbow in some way ?

Gryxis.6950

Unfortunately if ur wish was granted theres a larger possibility that the class would receive no compensation or if did the changes would be trivial leaving the classes mobility nerfed hard negatively effecting its ability to +1 or decap as effectively all while being underperforming in other roles as it is now so in short nerfing sb would just ruin thief as this is anet devs were talking about right.

A real example of what would prob happen is the devs would increase sword auto attack damage by 2% and dagger autos by 2% and state that they increased thiefs ability to 1v1 and lowered its mobility to give it a chance at other job roles, then follow up with we'll be watching these aggressive changes to the sword and dagger autos to make sure their not to heavy handed and causing thief to be to strong in 1v1's lol

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

>

> Survivor bias.

>

> Thieves don't all carry shortbow because its op. they carry it because their damage and tankiness is balanced around their mobility, and without the mobility they are unviable.

>

> If they were balanced so they could be effective as brawlers, then we can talk about nerfing shortbow. Not in the current meta though.

Well that and thief mechanics actively disincentivize weapon swapping and Shortbow has the most meaningful utility attached to it. Thief basically boils down to primary weapon + something else and the Shortbow is the only option that has a 'something else' that really stands out.

> @"Sylari.9814" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> >

> > Survivor bias.

> >

> > Thieves don't all carry shortbow because its op. they carry it because their damage and tankiness is balanced around their mobility, and without the mobility they are unviable.

> >

> > If they were balanced so they could be effective as brawlers, then we can talk about nerfing shortbow. Not in the current meta though.

>

> Well that and thief mechanics actively disincentivize weapon swapping and Shortbow has the most meaningful utility attached to it. Thief basically boils down to primary weapon + something else and the Shortbow is the only option that has a 'something else' that really stands out.

>

>

I feel alright with Rifle instead but I agree, with SB being more of an extended utility bar in place of a weapon it's telling how some weapon kits can finish a build while others need a build and something like Shortbow to make that kit passable.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong given that I'm fairly new to this game but have a ton of experience with MMO's. My thief is my main and I can honestly say, I haven't had a moment yet where I felt "overpowered". If anything I'm wondering how people effectively play thieves when it seems like I get out DPS'd by Guardians and Ele's but somehow am able to be killed FAR easier than them, not to mention I add 0 group utility. So what's my purpose again?

> @"DocFrost.7416" said:

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong given that I'm fairly new to this game but have a ton of experience with MMO's. My thief is my main and I can honestly say, I haven't had a moment yet where I felt "overpowered". If anything I'm wondering how people effectively play thieves when it seems like I get out DPS'd by Guardians and Ele's but somehow am able to be killed FAR easier than them, not to mention I add 0 group utility. So what's my purpose again?

We are very bad in instanced PvE. Zero group utility, not top dps, 11k hp.