Its the boring brain dead spam PvP era

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> You want a fun balanced gameplay?

>

> Make a warrior only week.

And see how unfun to play against warrior is, especially when there is nothing to keep them in check.

I love how biased some warrior mains are, calling their class fun to fight.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> D/P thief and warrior are the only match ups I find are a test of pure skill, everything is just a clown fiesta.

how is d/p a test of skill? mofos stealth for 20s+ at a time and restealth every time they fail.

go to arena and duel plat+ thief and you will quickly realize that after 2minutes of fighting you didnt have a single real opening, and their failures to hit doesnt matter since they restealth and try again, and sooner or later you die.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > D/P thief and warrior are the only match ups I find are a test of pure skill, everything is just a clown fiesta.

>

> how is d/p a test of skill? mofos stealth for 20s+ at a time and restealth every time they fail.

> go to arena and duel plat+ thief and you will quickly realize that after 2minutes of fighting you didnt have a single real opening, and their failures to hit doesnt matter since they restealth and try again, and sooner or later you die.

Mesmer? thief vs thief d/p is pure skill match up, I always beat worse players and lose to better. Same for warrior. I cannot say that for any other match up, especially necro and ranger where their classes might as well be interactive cutscenes that play themselves for you while you watch and occasionally hit a button.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > D/P thief and warrior are the only match ups I find are a test of pure skill, everything is just a clown fiesta.

> >

> > how is d/p a test of skill? mofos stealth for 20s+ at a time and restealth every time they fail.

> > go to arena and duel plat+ thief and you will quickly realize that after 2minutes of fighting you didnt have a single real opening, and their failures to hit doesnt matter since they restealth and try again, and sooner or later you die.

>

> Mesmer? thief vs thief d/p is pure skill match up, I always beat worse players and lose to better. Same for warrior. I cannot say that for any other match up, especially necro and ranger where their classes might as well be interactive cutscenes that play themselves for you while you watch and occasionally hit a button.

ye since you play D/P then mirror might be fine, IF you force yourself to fight to the death, nothing stops you from stealthing for 20s and leaving when theings go sour, especially since steal gives stealth bundle for even more stealth.

I personally fight holo,power rev, mesmer,warrior,reaper mechanically fine to fight. numbers can fix those classes

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > D/P thief and warrior are the only match ups I find are a test of pure skill, everything is just a clown fiesta.

>

> how is d/p a test of skill? mofos stealth for 20s+ at a time and restealth every time they fail.

> go to arena and duel plat+ thief and you will quickly realize that after 2minutes of fighting you didnt have a single real opening, and their failures to hit doesnt matter since they restealth and try again, and sooner or later you die.

Or you will quickly realise that if they fail to hit, theyre kinda screwed, because if they try to restealth, you use that period of "free hits on the thief they cant stop" and just smack them with cc or burst, and they die. Their only *actual* option is to switch to shortbow 5, and port out. And no, if you try to duel a plat+ thief, what you notice is "wait, they suck at 1v1ing. I was never even remotely close to dying, and they had to keep porting out to save themselves".

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > You want a fun balanced gameplay?

> >

> > Make a warrior only week.

>

> And see how unfun to play against warrior is, especially when there is nothing to keep them in check.

>

> I love how biased some warrior mains are, calling their class fun to fight.

What is the most balanced class currently in your opinion?

Answers like "none" dont count.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > D/P thief and warrior are the only match ups I find are a test of pure skill, everything is just a clown fiesta.

> >

> > how is d/p a test of skill? mofos stealth for 20s+ at a time and restealth every time they fail.

> > go to arena and duel plat+ thief and you will quickly realize that after 2minutes of fighting you didnt have a single real opening, and their failures to hit doesnt matter since they restealth and try again, and sooner or later you die.

>

> Or you will quickly realise that if they fail to hit, theyre kinda screwed, because if they try to restealth, you use that period of "free hits on the thief they cant stop" and just smack them with cc or burst, and they die. Their only *actual* option is to switch to shortbow 5, and port out. And no, if you try to duel a plat+ thief, what you notice is "wait, they suck at 1v1ing. I was never even remotely close to dying, and they had to keep porting out to save themselves".

im not talking about silver thiefs, im talking about plat + semi competent monkeys that memorised the combos.

there is no punishment for stealthing, the act of stealthing itself blind the enemy and is done from a distance due to triple dodge with perma swiftness and dash.

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > You want a fun balanced gameplay?

> > >

> > > Make a warrior only week.

> >

> > And see how unfun to play against warrior is, especially when there is nothing to keep them in check.

> >

> > I love how biased some warrior mains are, calling their class fun to fight.

>

> What is the most balanced class currently in your opinion?

>

> Answers like "none" dont count.

Your question has no real answer...each player will always point at his own class as example of perfect balance, eager to list their weaknesses....never the strengths , while doing the opposite with other professions

> @"Supreme.3164" said:

> > > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > You want a fun balanced gameplay?

> > > >

> > > > Make a warrior only week.

> > >

> > > And see how unfun to play against warrior is, especially when there is nothing to keep them in check.

> > >

> > > I love how biased some warrior mains are, calling their class fun to fight.

> >

> > What is the most balanced class currently in your opinion?

> >

> > Answers like "none" dont count.

>

> Your question has no real answer...each player will always point at his own class as example of perfect balance, eager to list their weaknesses....never the strengths , while doing the opposite with other professions

>

>

Its very easy to tell whats unbalanced and whats balance.

If not, tier lists would not exit.

And Warrior is currently at the lowest spot.

Add that Warrior has no BS like ports, stealth, range, attacks with no tells etc.

If Warrior isnt Balanced then Engis are literal Gods.

> What is the most balanced class currently in your opinion?

> Answers like "none" dont count.

Most balanced? Probably rev or necro.

You can play almost all legends and any specializations in rev, same goes for necro. There are some unhealthy parts of them, but they are the pinnacle of balance and every class should be on their level.

> Its very easy to tell whats unbalanced and whats balance.

Apparently it's not that easy.

> Add that Warrior has no BS like ports, stealth, range, attacks with no tells etc.

idk why these are considered "bs" but ok.

Attacker's Insight gives a lot of free stats, same goes for Forceful Greatsword.

Greatsword F1 damage still doesn't scale with adrenaline, only fury duration scales.

Full Counter is still an overloaded skill, and coupled with one of the best ways to apply immob in this game (No Escape) it becomes kind of ridiculous. Try playing anything with minions (like mesmer clones) and tell me this skill is fine.

If No Escape is fine, idk why they removed mesmer's Chaotic Interruption from the game. Warrior benefits way more from immobing + dazing. It makes any daze into a stun.

Dagger 3 has almost no animation to it, especially in melee.

I am not saying warrior is op or broken, but I'd rather they fix these and buff ranged options for warriors, since both rifle and longbow are very bad.

> And Warrior is currently at the lowest spot.

> If Warrior isnt Balanced then Engis are literal Gods.

If warrior was balanced it wouldn't be at the lowest spot, lmao. It would be equal to rest of the classes.

Every thief weapon and spec is viable too, just not every single weapon set.(d/d is bad, p/p is bad but pistol mainhand works, and dagger mainhand works).

Most classes are getting to the point where every spec(base, hot elite, pof elite) are becoming playable tbh.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > What is the most balanced class currently in your opinion?

> > Answers like "none" dont count.

>

> Most balanced? Probably rev or necro.

> You can play almost all legends and any specializations in rev, same goes for necro. There are some unhealthy parts of them, but they are the pinnacle of balance and every class should be on their level.

>

> > Its very easy to tell whats unbalanced and whats balance.

> Apparently it's not that easy.

>

>

> > Add that Warrior has no BS like ports, stealth, range, attacks with no tells etc.

> idk why these are considered "bs" but ok.

>

> Attacker's Insight gives a lot of free stats, same goes for Forceful Greatsword.

> Greatsword F1 damage still doesn't scale with adrenaline, only fury duration scales.

> Full Counter is still an overloaded skill, and coupled with one of the best ways to apply immob in this game (No Escape) it becomes kind of ridiculous. Try playing anything with minions (like mesmer clones) and tell me this skill is fine.

> If No Escape is fine, idk why they removed mesmer's Chaotic Interruption from the game. Warrior benefits way more from immobing + dazing. It makes any daze into a stun.

> Dagger 3 has almost no animation to it, especially in melee.

> I am not saying warrior is op or broken, but I'd rather they fix these and buff ranged options for warriors, since both rifle and longbow are very bad.

>

> > And Warrior is currently at the lowest spot.

> > If Warrior isnt Balanced then Engis are literal Gods.

> If warrior was balanced it wouldn't be at the lowest spot, lmao. It would be equal to rest of the classes.

>

>

Rev is balanced. What? You are trolling right?

Warrior needs a slight buff, then everything else needs to be nerfed to its level.

For me, B Tier is Balanced. Warrior is C Tier.

Rev is S Tier.

And if Spellbreaker is so good and Unbalanced, why does it see no play.

Why are warrior mains quiting the game over how useless/boring it has been since Feb with no hope in sight?

Warrior Dmg is no nonexisting, Minstrel is Meta in WvW. F ING MINSTREL!

I had literally a friend log in yesterday since feb to see if Warrior is good again.

He logged off 5min later.

Warrior being reliant so much on CC, the nerf to CC dmg just put them down so much. I don't know why they gone trough these change, most cc had little dmg (but not negligible) tied to them.

The inverse is true for thief, they got a power surge because before you could pin them down with dmg and dps, now you hit them with wet noodles to pin them down and dont have follow up dmg to kill them between their dodge spam/stealth spam unless you got a reveal...

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > D/P thief and warrior are the only match ups I find are a test of pure skill, everything is just a clown fiesta.

> > >

> > > how is d/p a test of skill? mofos stealth for 20s+ at a time and restealth every time they fail.

> > > go to arena and duel plat+ thief and you will quickly realize that after 2minutes of fighting you didnt have a single real opening, and their failures to hit doesnt matter since they restealth and try again, and sooner or later you die.

> >

> > Or you will quickly realise that if they fail to hit, theyre kinda screwed, because if they try to restealth, you use that period of "free hits on the thief they cant stop" and just smack them with cc or burst, and they die. Their only *actual* option is to switch to shortbow 5, and port out. And no, if you try to duel a plat+ thief, what you notice is "wait, they suck at 1v1ing. I was never even remotely close to dying, and they had to keep porting out to save themselves".

>

> im not talking about silver thiefs, im talking about plat + semi competent monkeys that memorised the combos.

Yes, I know. So am I. It seems you are however talking about bronze players fighting those plat thieves.

> there is no punishment for stealthing, the act of stealthing itself blind the enemy and is done from a distance due to triple dodge with perma swiftness and dash.

*Hahahahaha*. Oh youre serious? No, there is a punishment, and its trivial. For one, the blind doesnt cover all your attacks, just one (so you can clear it quickly), but more importantly, in fact it usually wont, because having to mess with the camera in the middle of the combo is one hell of a way to get it to break. As for "its done at a distance", ignoring that you can just ... punish it from a distance, theyre not going to be at much of a distance. Perma-swiftness is nothing special in the meta (just about every one has it), and dash is only 100 more units than a dodge. The thief simply wont be able to cover enough distance to have a reasonable distance without using shortbow 5. And again, why would he use anything but shortbow 5?

But hey, lets go through how this plays out. Lets say its a core engineer (because people will pop a blood vessel if I were to talk about Holo) vs the thief. So, thief starts by going in and hitting his backstab. The engineer ... is still pretty healthy. Its a 5k hit out of 20k health, maximum. He now equips grenades and starts blasting the thief. Now lets assume the thief does what you said they would do. They try to get some distance. The engineer follows behind because he also has swiftness. The thief now makes the *grave* error of trying to stealth up. The Engineer reacts by either using overcharged shot to CC the thief, then kills him with grenades. Or he just tosses a grenade barrage in the thieves way. Unless the thief burns a shadowstep, the thief gets downed as a direct result of trying to stealth up.

And this outcome will happen *every single time* the thief tries to stealth up while fighting. Doesnt even have to be against Engineer. Ranger, Guardian, Reaper, Revenant, even Warrior can all do it just as easily. Thats why good thieves dont stealth up mid-fight. They only stealth while out of combat. When dueling, well, you usually just run away and try again. Typically the thief wont win, but he wont lose either.

He's a mesmer, blinds, stealths and everything thief does eats him alive. You feel utterly helpless vs thief as mesmer as the enemy is either invis or you're blinded/cced/dead. His opinion on d/p thief is 100% valid.

Other classes actually have tools to punish a thief.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> He's a mesmer, blinds, stealths and everything thief does eats him alive. You feel utterly helpless vs thief as mesmer as the enemy is either invis or you're blinded/cced/dead. His opinion on d/p thief is 100% valid.

Mesmer is currently useless anyway, so thats not much of an argument. Besides, one class being countered doesnt mean that thats true for every D/P matchup.

> For me, B Tier is Balanced. Warrior is C Tier.

> Rev is S Tier.

If we make everything rev tier, rev becomes B tier btw.

> And if Spellbreaker is so good and Unbalanced, why does it see no play.

I never said that, but it also has its own BS mechanics.

> Why are warrior mains quiting the game over how useless/boring it has been since Feb with no hope in sight?

A lot of mesmer mains stopped playing when mirage was the most broken build btw.

> Warrior Dmg is no nonexisting, Minstrel is Meta in WvW. F ING MINSTREL!

Winds of Disenchantment is pretty strong in wvw, that's why they go full tank. This way you don't die while casting that skill.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> People don't have fun playing when their class is obscenely overpowered or obscenely underpowered. Overpowered is honestly less fun.

i dunno i had a lot of fun playing sage firebrand for 2 years lol. people definitely were calling me overpowered.

idk man, just cuz i can solo any 1v3 doesnt mean im overpowered, i dont see why it got nerfed ;/