Choosable colors for charr horns!

Sometimes u like the design of horns but not the color or the other way around.

Apart from getting new horns, can we please get the ability to choose color for them in character creation! I have been missing that feature from release date! Black, grey, brown and beige shades would be great. No crazy colors, but natural colors.

Please thumb this post if u agree!

Changing skin color changes the hue of your horns. It's a little unfortunate if you don't feel they match since they are mutually exclusive, but it might help some get the look they want.

But yeah that option would be nice to have ^^

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Changing skin color changes the hue of your horns. It's a little unfortunate if you don't feel they match since they are mutually exclusive, but it might help some get the look they want.

>

> But yeah that option would be nice to have ^^

They only change at the base where the horn meets the head. One female horn has acsesdories matchning the fur. I dont consider this feature as "choosable colors for horns".

I agree that it would be nice to choose the colour of the horns seperately from the shape. There's often at least one or two I write-off immediately because the colour makes them look out of place on the character (usually either too light or too dark) so this would give me more options. I'd be fine with only choosing from among the existing colours, no need to add any more.

(Although having said that I'm sure if humans had horns in real-life we'd find ways to decorate them. Many people paint their finger nails, dye their hair and even go in for more permanent changes to more sensitive areas like tattoos or piercings. No reason to think horns would be exempt if we had them.)

I'd have no problem with your suggestion, OP, but the fact of the matter is that I don't trust Arenanet to NOT include crazy ass colors for the horns. They can't seem to help themselves.

Can't help but look back at a suggestion made by someone on GW2 Guru (before Anet put out the official forum) for bunny ears as a head piece. That person and their supporters poo-pooed those of us that said it was a bad idea and would only drag the game down.

How right we were, God forgive us, how right we were.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> Unlike in PvE the amount of Charr in WvW is far higher.

i don't WvW but im genuinely curious of the reason for this? i mean aside from personal preference.... wouldn't charr (like norn) be easier to see and stand out more in a crowd? or when roaming? wouldn't smaller races like sylvary/human/asura be better since they can hide behind environment (to retreat or ambush) or a crowd (be safe in a zerg) more effectively?

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > Unlike in PvE the amount of Charr in WvW is far higher.

>

> i don't WvW but im genuinely curious of the reason for this? i mean aside from personal preference.... wouldn't charr (like norn) be easier to see and stand out more in a crowd? or when roaming? wouldn't smaller races like sylvary/human/asura be better since they can hide behind environment (to retreat or ambush) or a crowd (be safe in a zerg) more effectively?

It's a common race for guardian/warrior/engineer commanders (especially with neon spikey hair and the large zephyr rucksack backpiece) , people don't want to hide per say if they're running full minstrel's tank builds

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > > Unlike in PvE the amount of Charr in WvW is far higher.

> >

> > i don't WvW but im genuinely curious of the reason for this? i mean aside from personal preference.... wouldn't charr (like norn) be easier to see and stand out more in a crowd? or when roaming? wouldn't smaller races like sylvary/human/asura be better since they can hide behind environment (to retreat or ambush) or a crowd (be safe in a zerg) more effectively?

> It's a common race for guardian/warrior/engineer commanders (especially with neon spikey hair and the large zephyr rucksack backpiece) , people don't want to hide per say if they're running full minstrel's tank builds

>

>

oh! that explains a lot =) thanks!

Some people have told me it's a tactical thing - if the commander and/or a few other players have the biggest character they can make everyone else can stack on (or under) them at key points and it makes it almost impossible for the enemy to access the strength of the group.

But I've also heard it's just a personal preference - either players want to make it as easy as possible to pick their character out during chaotic battles, or they're making a statement that they're not afraid of the enemy by making their character as much of a big, obvious target as they can. (And then using stealth when they do want to hide.)