flamethrower dps too high and gives perma stab

felix.2386

> @"Kuma.1503" said:

> Flamethrower scrapper has been a meme for a long time. It's an easy to play build that demolishes inexperienced players.

thats the dumbest thing ive heard, not being able to ccs a person has nothing to do with inexperience you cant just wait him out or something like that, it makes 0 sense for him to be perma unccable it cancels out the whole point of having a cc system or skills and you can be as skilled as you want the only thing you can do is run away.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Beezl.4180" said:

> > @"Kuma.1503" said:

> > Flamethrower scrapper has been a meme for a long time. It's an easy to play build that demolishes inexperienced players.

>

> thats the dumbest thing ive heard, not being able to ccs a person has nothing to do with inexperience you cant just wait him out or something like that, it makes 0 sense for him to be perma unccable it cancels out the whole point of having a cc system or skills and you can be as skilled as you want the only thing you can do is run away.

This makes me question if you understand the stability system. "Unable to cc a person" is simply not true. Juggernaut gives 1 stack of stability every 3 seconds, so if your build has at least 2 cc spells in it's kit, you can simply chain them. First cc removes the stability, second will cc the scrapper.

Stability lost the ability to cancel all ccs thrown at you for it's entire duration many many years ago.

Other ways to deal with it: corrupting or stealing boons. Flamethrower scrappers usually have alot of different boons on them (protection, might, stab, swiftness, quickness, etc). Corrupting these hurts them alot.

And the biggest counter for flamethrower, hence why it is considered to be a meme for any serious PvP player: it can't deal with height differences, at all. If your enemy stands above or beneath you using the environment, the flamethrower will not hit them. At that point, the flamethrower scrapper has 2 options: leaving the flamethrower kit and giving up it's stability and might generation or literally taking free damage from the enemy while they are disabled to retaliate in any way.

The build is also heavily countered by conditions, btw. It runs very little condition removal and is unable to pick the best condition removal trait combination that engineer has to offer (inventions + alchemy). Conditions builds tend to kill them pretty fast.

Counterplay for flamethrower got explained repeatedly in threads like these, yet people tend to ignore these advices and still complain that they can't stand still and facetank the flamethrower.

> @"Beezl.4180" said:

> > @"Kuma.1503" said:

> > Flamethrower scrapper has been a meme for a long time. It's an easy to play build that demolishes inexperienced players.

>

> thats the dumbest thing ive heard, not being able to ccs a person has nothing to do with inexperience you cant just wait him out or something like that, it makes 0 sense for him to be perma unccable it cancels out the whole point of having a cc system or skills and you can be as skilled as you want the only thing you can do is run away.

I was going to respond with the typical "You counter the build with X" but it looks like Kodama beat me to it. One countermeasure that he did not mention is soft CC.

A major weakness of the build is conditions, and while this might not seem relevant for power builds, you can still use this to your advantage. Cripple and Chill are effective and helping you kite them. They have limited cleanse. Their alternative countermeasure will be superspeed. They get this by burning their heal skill or heal toolbelt, so keep an eye out. **Stability and superspeed do nothing against immobilize**.

For Power builds, if you must trade with them, try to place weakness onto them first. You will lower the frequency at which they can crit and reduce the damage they deal. Because their sustain is tied to their damage, this will also make them squishier.

Aside from that, The best advice I can give you is to play the build yourself. You will meet players who will try (and fail) to facetank flamethrower and trade with you, and you'll meet players who will use a variety of tactics to beat you. Pay close attention to what they're doing. When you fight someone else using the build, you ca do the same thing yourself.

The build actually isn't that strong. The only "problem" with it is it's yet another monkey build, designed to lack counterplay and require very little skill to play more than the build is designed to actually win games. Any build with invulns tends to shit on it. It loses 1v1 to weaver hard. Loses to a good renegade. Stalemates thief. Seems like all it can do is meme some warriors and fight dh cheese on point whoopdedoo.

> @"Kuma.1503" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > > @"mrindustrial.1853" said:

> > > > # **"Help i can't perma cc the only beginners friendly engineer build, plz nerf it."**

> > > > #

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/k0IGUXx.jpg "")

> > > >

> > >

> > > # Yes because wanting to nerf PERMA stab means completely removes all stab from it.

> > > # i'm sorry if this is the build that's being carrying you to get gold 1

> >

> > Perma stab is juggernauts gimmick and should stay.

> > It isn't even that hard to deal with. It is 1 stack of stab every 3 seconds. Chain your CC or remove/corrupt it and problem solved.

>

> When I first got into PvP not too long ago, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I had just leveled up my guardian to 80, maxed out firebrand, and I was ready to try out the other game modes Gw2 had to offer.

>

> I hopped into ranked on my heal FB, had no idea what was happening or why I was dying. I was certain I would place bronze... I finally finished my placements.

>

> Gold 1.

>

> I thought for sure it was a fluke, but nope. I even began to climb ever so slowly as I got more comfortable on the class.

>

> Gold 1 isn't really an achievement... It's pretty much the baseline of "At least knows what buttons do and has decent keybinds".

>

> (Edit: Quoted wrong person... Ah well)

I got gold on on "condi chronomancer"

turns out I was using power amulet, didnt know I could change runes/amulet kekW

the bar is super fucking low at gold 2-3 is where it starts to actually matter to more or less know what your skills do

> @"Beezl.4180" said:

> > @"Kuma.1503" said:

>

you can hit a person that is not cced, I know, crazy right?

my issue with flamethrower was always the fucking range on its auto, that hits through walls as it counts itself as " aoe "

Generally hitting through walls tilts me like there is no tomorrow but most skills have decency of low range, meanwhile flamethrower fuckers do it from 425 range