Skimmer skin idea...

Bast.7253

With the latest "spoiler" announcement concerning skimmers, I wouldn't mind seeing an aquatic creatures mount pack for the skimmer. Something along the lines of a couple of shark type skins (Tiger, hammerhead etc), squid or octopus and maybe a whale or dolphin or something. I.e. a pack with a variety of sea creatures skins all geared towards the skimmer mount. Just my two cents.

Neat ideas, Avatar of Indra. I'll toss in a caveat: Please make the skins shaped like the creature. We do have a "whale" skimmer skin but that's mostly a manta ray with a fluked tail. If I'm going dolphin riding, I want a torpedo shaped dolphin, not one that's been flattened with a rolling pin :)

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Neat ideas, Avatar of Indra. I'll toss in a caveat: Please make the skins shaped like the creature. We do have a "whale" skimmer skin but that's mostly a manta ray with a fluked tail. If I'm going dolphin riding, I want a torpedo shaped dolphin, not one that's been flattened with a rolling pin :)

Stop discriminating unconventional body types. Flat shaming is not ok!

> @"Bast.7253" said:

> Flying otter spirit from the new enrichment seems like it could be made into a suitable skimmer skin.

I think with the news that Skimmer gets to swim underwater, a Seahorse skin seems to be on people's minds. Not sure how they could work that onto the skimmer's rig though.

We already have shark models ingame for both land and sea, and a Hovershark that can also submerge sounds just like something those crazy Inquest would develop for Tyrian domination.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Bast.7253" said:

> > Flying otter spirit from the new enrichment seems like it could be made into a suitable skimmer skin.

>

> I think with the news that Skimmer gets to swim underwater, a Seahorse skin seems to be on people's minds. Not sure how they could work that onto the skimmer's rig though.

>

> We already have shark models ingame for both land and sea, and a Hovershark that can also submerge sounds just like something those crazy Inquest would develop for Tyrian domination.

A Hovershark that can also submerge sounds like the concept for Sharknado 3 (or 4? 5?, I don't know how many there are).

I don't know how well those suggestions would fit the general shape of the skimmer. On the other hand the Colibri doesn't fit the shape of the skimmer either. Using that precedent anything with two finns/flippers/wings and a tail works.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Bast.7253" said:

> > Flying otter spirit from the new enrichment seems like it could be made into a suitable skimmer skin.

>

> I think with the news that Skimmer gets to swim underwater, a Seahorse skin seems to be on people's minds. Not sure how they could work that onto the skimmer's rig though.

>

> We already have shark models ingame for both land and sea, and a Hovershark that can also submerge sounds just like something those crazy Inquest would develop for Tyrian domination.

Like the birb skin works for it. And if they do it properly it will be a top seller, then again we had the pepegasus and im not sure if they can pull of another colibri.

> @"Avatar of Indra.6908" said:

> With the latest "spoiler" announcement concerning skimmers, I wouldn't mind seeing an aquatic creatures mount pack for the skimmer. Something along the lines of a couple of shark type skins (Tiger, hammerhead etc), squid or octopus and maybe a whale or dolphin or something. I.e. a pack with a variety of sea creatures skins all geared towards the skimmer mount. Just my two cents.

What a great idea. I have and love the "killer whale" skin but would love more aquatic creatures. Dare I say... narwhal?????

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > Neat ideas, Avatar of Indra. I'll toss in a caveat: Please make the skins shaped like the creature. We do have a "whale" skimmer skin but that's mostly a manta ray with a fluked tail. If I'm going dolphin riding, I want a torpedo shaped dolphin, not one that's been flattened with a rolling pin :)

>

> Stop discriminating unconventional body types. Flat shaming is not ok!

lol at flat shaming. Also have to throw in this pun: soon my skimmer will have a resting beach face.

How about a jellyfish skimmer?

When it's skimming on the surface, you'd be perched on the top of a circular blob that is semi-transparent (bobs slightly as it hovers, the bottom flutters in the breeze)... then when you go underwater, a long, elaborate jellyfish tail emerges out from the bottom and trails behind as you move.

I feel like a seahourse would look funny hovering. Also all that transparent stuff would be _super_ fun to dye.