Let holosmith pick up bundles while in photon forge

Kodama.6453

> @"archmagus.7249" said:

> They probably don't want you to use holo leap to give yourself swiftness/superspeed while holding the bundle, so at least you be forced out of photon forge.

Bundles like the orb I was referring to are overwriting your weapon skills, so you won't be able to us holo leap while holding them anyway.

Not even a need to end photon forge at all, there is already a precedence of something similar happening.

Do you know the orbs you can collect in Draconis Mons? It's called oakheart's essence and overwrites your weapon skills with the skill oakheart's reach, letting you latch on a surface and swing to it. This happens even if you are in photon forge while not ending the mode, you still collect heat during that time.

They can do the same here. Let us pick up bundles which overwrite our weapon skills while we are in photon forge, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able. How it currently is, holosmith has a really strong disadvantage in that boss fight.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"archmagus.7249" said:

> > They probably don't want you to use holo leap to give yourself swiftness/superspeed while holding the bundle, so at least you be forced out of photon forge.

>

> Bundles like the orb I was referring to are overwriting your weapon skills, so you won't be able to us holo leap while holding them anyway.

> Not even a need to end photon forge at all, there is already a precedence of something similar happening.

>

> Do you know the orbs you can collect in Draconis Mons? It's called oakheart's essence and overwrites your weapon skills with the skill oakheart's reach, letting you latch on a survive and swing to it. This happens even if you are in photon forge while not ending the mode, you still collect heat during that time.

>

> They can do the same here. Let us pick up bundles which overwrite our weapon skills while we are in photon forge, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able. How it currently is, holosmith has a really strong disadvantage in that boss fight.

Why don't you just exit photon forge for the bundle, then re-enter it for the fight? Problem solved.

> @"archmagus.7249" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"archmagus.7249" said:

> > > They probably don't want you to use holo leap to give yourself swiftness/superspeed while holding the bundle, so at least you be forced out of photon forge.

> >

> > Bundles like the orb I was referring to are overwriting your weapon skills, so you won't be able to us holo leap while holding them anyway.

> > Not even a need to end photon forge at all, there is already a precedence of something similar happening.

> >

> > Do you know the orbs you can collect in Draconis Mons? It's called oakheart's essence and overwrites your weapon skills with the skill oakheart's reach, letting you latch on a survive and swing to it. This happens even if you are in photon forge while not ending the mode, you still collect heat during that time.

> >

> > They can do the same here. Let us pick up bundles which overwrite our weapon skills while we are in photon forge, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able. How it currently is, holosmith has a really strong disadvantage in that boss fight.

>

> Why don't you just exit photon forge for the bundle, then re-enter it for the fight? Problem solved.

Because when you enter photon forge, you have a 6 seconds timer before you are allowed to leave it again. Which can be quite alot of time in a fast paced fight like Liadri, especially if you try to get the achievement to get 8 orbs on her and then kill her.

Why exactly are you arguing against it here? Is there any harm in letting holosmiths pick up bundles?

Oh dang yes please, I hate it that I have to dodge instead of grabbing a crystal on Solid Ocean just because the jade decided to target me right when I entered photon forge.

And also waiting like 2-3 seconds until you can exit photon forge that feels like an eternity so you're able to pick up the hammer when the Archiviner drops it in cliffside fractal.