Bring back dungeons.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Sigerk.2897" said:

> > Yes to revamp existing dungeons. Update the mechanics to be on par with the newer systems. Add lvl 80 options/hard modes to them. Give achievements per dungeons like no-death runs, under 30 min speed clear, hard mode/cm clear and more creative achievements tied to specific dungeons such as ''Defeated X without stepping into Y''. Tie titles and dyes to them as possible rewards. Go crazy and reward a mount skin for completing all new dungeon achievements. Stuff like this.

>

> So.... do all of this and stop working on raids and strike missions.

That wasn't what Sigerk said at all.

Just said to revamp the existing dungeons.

Just because someone wants some much needed work on the original end game content, doesn't mean that they want work on the current end game content to be stopped.

I honestly would love the dungeons to be reworked to make them more utilized. But also want them to continue working on strikes and raids.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> >And I don't know why you wouldn't want content you have already paid for to be more desirable.

> That's subjective, too.

How?

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> Do you think they were super-difficult and time-intensive to create?

Super? No. Difficult and time-intensive, yes.

> @"Sigerk.2897" said:

> Yes to revamp existing dungeons. Update the mechanics to be on par with the newer systems. Add lvl 80 options/hard modes to them. Give achievements per dungeons like no-death runs, under 30 min speed clear, hard mode/cm clear and more creative achievements tied to specific dungeons such as ''Defeated X without stepping into Y''. Tie titles and dyes to them as possible rewards. Go crazy and reward a mount skin for completing all new dungeon achievements. Stuff like this.

I don't think that stuff is ever going to happen, what I would propose are simple changes that make the existing dungeons more desirable. That is a more realistic request. Stuff like adding the token I suggested and making a daily dungeon every day are easy things to do that will achieve this increase in desirability.

> @"Katary.7096" said:

> I thought that dungeons were abandoned because updating and polishing them was too much of a hassle? Which means that the developers are not lacking good ideas on how to bring dungeons back, but instead efficient ways to implement any potential changes.

I have just suggested a couple of very efficient ways.

Of those that want more dungeons, how many still do the story/explorable modes **AND** watch the cutscenes? I haven’t seen any groups that watch the cutscenes since launch. Like the living story instances, the story elements are typically a “one and done” sort of thing. What’s left is really no different that a fractal. There’s also no reason that Anet couldn’t added more skippable story elements to fractals.

My post was not to be taken as an either/or thing. Just posting what I would like to see. In an ideal world we'd have dungeons/fractals/strikes/raids all updated regularly. Heck, in an ideal world we'd have all of those things + updates for pvp/wvw too.

And I agree, the OP's changes are simpler, but coming back to the game from ESO, then comparing the newer stuff in gw2 suchs as fractals to the dungeons, the dungeons just don't hold up well in my opinion. 5 competent players breeze through it effortlessly. I'm having the most fun doing them with 2 or 3.

Anyway, just posted what I would like to see, not expecting anything to be done about it and certainly not for the production in other areas to stop just because I had an idea.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

>

> I have just suggested a couple of very efficient ways.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I apologize for having been unclear.

When I was talking about efficiency what I meant to point out is that no one at Arenanet wants to commit a portion of the workforce to take the deep dive into the legacy code of dungeons. Therefore it is likely a goal of the developers to keep the popularity of the old dungeon content as low as possible, in order to limit the amount of people demanding that the dungeons be brought up to date.

As someone who does Dungeon Frequenter at least twice a day when possible, I'm all for this. Not sure I'd like the idea of a precursor trade unless the amount of tokens needed was high enough, but I generally support this idea because it isn't asking for more dungeons or updates to them, which the devs clearly told us isn't worth their time. Revamped rewards for existing dungeons makes more practical sense.

I've seen the idea of folding dungeons into the fractal system before, and I'm not a fan. Part of the charm of dungeons for me is how tied they are to specific spots in the game world. I'd rather not have them be accessible from a lobby.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I thought Anet created fractals to replace dungeons and that dungeons were content that was no longer being supported? Then, came raids and strikes which, in some ways, supplanted fractals. I don't see Anet going backward at this point.

Fractals were a "new type of dungeon", that after they made it decided that is all they would do. They nerfed all dungeon viability from a gold perspective, and made it rain ascended items in fractals. It makes no sense to have dungeons be completely abandoned content. I am still hoping they will realize the half-ass trinity they have in the game isn't working as well as they thought it would, and that maybe the next expac we get actual tanking and single target healing. Would be nice to get monk, dervish and paragon back as well. So many things could be balanced better if they hadn't only used a few trinity elements (like armor weights).

> @"Blur.3465" said:

> ...but dungeons which are not rush fests D:

> Nowadays if you are unfamiliar with a skip or the 'go go go', you're most likely not welcome.

>

> I do miss the slow-paced dungeons which required some thinking and slowly beating through the mobs and other challenges, puzzles or riddles etc...traps...

> Now you just skip everything D: even in Fractals.

If you did something a thousand times and keep doing it on a daily basis the only thing that could keep the content somewhat interesting is challenging yourself to finish it faster. If someone wants to take it slow and enjoy the scenery they should state so in their LFG.

I have nothing against taking things slow from time to time, or helping new people get into content like dungeons or fractals. But when I do my daily fracs I don't want to waste most of my available time on them.

Dungeons are so much fun even with skips and stealth, you are using what the game provides to succeed the content in the most efficient way.

I would love to see a rework or even a change in the reward system so it would be fun and rewarding without needing devs to put "too much time" on it

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> > @"Blur.3465" said:

> > ...but dungeons which are not rush fests D:

> > Nowadays if you are unfamiliar with a skip or the 'go go go', you're most likely not welcome.

> >

> > I do miss the slow-paced dungeons which required some thinking and slowly beating through the mobs and other challenges, puzzles or riddles etc...traps...

> > Now you just skip everything D: even in Fractals.

>

> If you did something a thousand times and keep doing it on a daily basis the only thing that could keep the content somewhat interesting is challenging yourself to finish it faster. If someone wants to take it slow and enjoy the scenery they should state so in their LFG.

> I have nothing against taking things slow from time to time, or helping new people get into content like dungeons or fractals. But when I do my daily fracs I don't want to waste most of my available time on them.

Oh that's all fine.

I feel Fractals are by nature grindy content that should be farmed effectively. I have no intentions to drag Fractals either when I play them.

I mean old dungeons, with old-school feel and style to them. Kinda wish that we had more of that hmm...how do I even describe it? Adventure-like, mysterious, dangerous feeling...like the old GW1 dungeons from Eye of the North too.

Gosh, I loved those...

And what made me love them even more was the fact that I could solo them with heroes and henchies.

Kinda wish that normal dungeons scaled for 1-5 players in GW2 :/

Dungeons were one of my favorite parts of the game. Fractals and whatnot are fun here and there, but dungeons were really great content that required extreme teamwork. I really miss being able to do these on a regular, and I think it's a shame that they've basically been abandoned. Please bring these back and create new ones.

Otherwise, please allow the dungeons to scale for solo to small groups instead of mandating a standard 5 person party, because some of us would love to do them, but can't because parties no longer form for these.

It was a very bad call made by Colin years ago to nix the dugeon team and I fear the game has suffered for it. The game really needs the immersion created by world dungeons and it's pretty unreal that they've doubled down on that decision for 7 years running while focusing way too heavily on LW meta spam content that can be fun but is ultimately much shallower in comparison - especially the more of it they add to the game creating more internal competition.