30 275 Death's Judgement - Opening shot, no marker stack

Cerby.1069

Half of you are posting like that 30 275 number is madeup. Did you not look at the screenshot? I wasn't running around naked. That was full ascended heavy armoured gear I was wearing.

Look at the logs I put in there. It was the opening strike that did 30 275, I was ooc before that instant kill hit me. There was no buildup to it.....just an opening strike that does 30 275 damage against heavy armour. Do I have to run light armour and get an even higher number for you to feel ashamed?

Deadeye will be nerfed, and you know it. Postings like mine will seal its fate. Ignorant arguments only fuel the fire. Frankly I don't really care what most of you think because you have nothing logical to say. If you don't have a logical argument its just worthless banter. Enjoy your upcoming nerfs deadeyes. Your attempts to dissuade people from the reality of the situation only serve to entertain.

I know there's at least a couple thieves who read the forums who can make an actual counter argument based on logic here. I welcome it.

The rest of you though.......are not serving your class's interests at all. I suggest you do better if you don't want the nerf.

Here's something you can do. Recreate that number against a heavy armoured player..or medium or light.....it really doesnt matter. Even against an exotic geared player I welcome you to get that number.

Make a video or guide how you did it. There was a great posting here on how it can be done mathematically through the formulae that supposedly govern how the game works. WE all know those aren't 100% accurate since they aren't source code and there are bugs among other things, but most of the time they serve to be 100% accurate. So you should be able to recreate my situation. Do it. Show the counterplay.> @Vermillion.4061 said:

> So in a vacuum situation of if you are running 2215 armor.

>

> 1265 * (5 stack DJ -> 2.4) * 4800/2215 = 6624 -> 6624 * 2.80 = 18547 -> (1.15 malice buff) * (1.25 for scholar, night, force) * (1.1 from just condi 10% mod since the others were crit damage flat buffs) = 1.6 -> 29675.2 and with 100 power from camp capture 30k is possible but not really probable so you just got REALLY unlucky if the rifle rolled top damage of 1265.

>

> EDIT: Long story short the thief had a once in a lifetime dream setup of hitting that 30k.

what do you mean vacuum situation? as in no aura buffs?

2301 defense is what I get if I'm sitting in enemy territory afk, and i run full glass without defense traitline. Which is what I woulda had when he hit me. So........ya its pretty dang impossibly by your math there. Yet he did it on the first try. Perhaps your formula are not reflective on the ingame situation? It was highly unlikely to begin with by your calculations. I just made it even more unlikely with my actual defense value (you can get that on the build editor fine). There's something wrong with ur math or an omission there. Cause that doesn't add up. Cause I know I'm not lying about being fully geared when it happened, no armour damage or anything like that comes into play.

Something is missing or wrong here.

> @Cerby.1069 said:> @Vermillion.4061 said:

>

> > So in a vacuum situation of if you are running 2215 armor.

> >

> > 1265 * (5 stack DJ -> 2.4) * 4800/2215 = 6624 -> 6624 * 2.80 = 18547 -> (1.15 malice buff) * (1.25 for scholar, night, force) * (1.1 from just condi 10% mod since the others were crit damage flat buffs) = 1.6 -> 29675.2 and with 100 power from camp capture 30k is possible but not really probable so you just got REALLY unlucky if the rifle rolled top damage of 1265.

> >

> > EDIT: Long story short the thief had a once in a lifetime dream setup of hitting that 30k.

>

> what do you mean vacuum situation? as in no aura buffs?

>

> 2301 defense is what I get if I'm sitting in enemy territory afk, and i run full glass without defense traitline. Which is what I woulda had when he hit me. So........ya its pretty dang impossibly by your math there. Yet he did it on the first try. Perhaps your formula are not reflective on the ingame situation? It was highly unlikely to begin with by your calculations. I just made it even more unlikely with my actual defense value (you can get that on the build editor fine). There's something wrong with ur math or an omission there. Cause that doesn't add up. Cause I know I'm not lying about being fully geared when it happened, no armour damage or anything like that comes into play.

>

> Something is missing or wrong here.

Re-read what verm said.

They didn't say it was IMPOSSIBLE, just IMPROBABLE

Because weapons roll the damage modifier applied within the range of the weapon equipped

You got the higher rolled end, and ended up with 30k and since you were attacking a camp I'm betting that the guards probably stuck you with 1 or 2 vulns as well.

Yes we all know it will be toned down, because this is Anet, and they have a record of toning things down when its a ranged weapon.

Though I bet it wont be as severe as you hope.

Same as how the FC nerf or the Scourge nerf wasnt as severe as people who cried in the pvp forums had hoped.

> @Cerby.1069 said:

> Half of you are posting like that 30 275 number is madeup. Did you not look at the screenshot? I wasn't running around naked. That was full ascended heavy armoured gear I was wearing.

>

> Look at the logs I put in there. It was the opening strike that did 30 275, I was ooc before that instant kill hit me. There was no buildup to it.....just an opening strike that does 30 275 damage against heavy armour. Do I have to run light armour and get an even higher number for you to feel ashamed?

>

> Deadeye will be nerfed, and you know it. Postings like mine will seal its fate. Ignorant arguments only fuel the fire. Frankly I don't really care what most of you think because you have nothing logical to say. If you don't have a logical argument its just worthless banter. Enjoy your upcoming nerfs deadeyes. Your attempts to dissuade people from the reality of the situation only serve to entertain.

>

> I know there's at least a couple thieves who read the forums who can make an actual counter argument based on logic here. I welcome it.

> The rest of you though.......are not serving your class's interests at all. I suggest you do better if you don't want the nerf.

>

> Here's something you can do. Recreate that number against a heavy armoured player..or medium or light.....it really doesnt matter. Even against an exotic geared player I welcome you to get that number.

>

> Make a video or guide how you did it. There was a great posting here on how it can be done mathematically through the formulae that supposedly govern how the game works. WE all know those aren't 100% accurate since they aren't source code and there are bugs among other things, but most of the time they serve to be 100% accurate. So you should be able to recreate my situation. Do it. Show the counterplay.> @Vermillion.4061 said:

>

> > So in a vacuum situation of if you are running 2215 armor.

> >

> > 1265 * (5 stack DJ -> 2.4) * 4800/2215 = 6624 -> 6624 * 2.80 = 18547 -> (1.15 malice buff) * (1.25 for scholar, night, force) * (1.1 from just condi 10% mod since the others were crit damage flat buffs) = 1.6 -> 29675.2 and with 100 power from camp capture 30k is possible but not really probable so you just got REALLY unlucky if the rifle rolled top damage of 1265.

> >

> > EDIT: Long story short the thief had a once in a lifetime dream setup of hitting that 30k.

>

> what do you mean vacuum situation? as in no aura buffs?

>

> 2301 defense is what I get if I'm sitting in enemy territory afk, and i run full glass without defense traitline. Which is what I woulda had when he hit me. So........ya its pretty dang impossibly by your math there. Yet he did it on the first try. Perhaps your formula are not reflective on the ingame situation? It was highly unlikely to begin with by your calculations. I just made it even more unlikely with my actual defense value (you can get that on the build editor fine). There's something wrong with ur math or an omission there. Cause that doesn't add up. Cause I know I'm not lying about being fully geared when it happened, no armour damage or anything like that comes into play.

>

> Something is missing or wrong here.

He only used 15% for the a single stack of malice when it could/should be up to 7 stacks of 15% damage modifier that stack multiplicatively. You can hit over 35k from DJ in PvP so in WvW you can hit much higher.

> @Sobx.1758 said:

> aaaand if you have problems dodging something that literally gives you a lazer pointer at your character, then -again- the problem is with you, not with the skill.

I've read part of the low viewership on Twitch stems from viewers not being able to tell what the flip they're looking at during fights. My eyes would go numb and miss a laser too after this crock:

![](https://i.imgur.com/0fGOVPC.jpg "")

> @Oovie.9206 said:

> > @Sobx.1758 said:

> > aaaand if you have problems dodging something that literally gives you a lazer pointer at your character, then -again- the problem is with you, not with the skill.

> I've read part of the low viewership on Twitch stems from viewers not being able to tell what the flip they're looking at during fights. My eyes would go numb and miss a laser too after this crock:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/0fGOVPC.jpg "")

Ah yes, pick a screenshot with a zerg and try to argue that it's hard to see anything. It applies to anything and everything, so it's literally not any argument here (or in fact -probably- not even in any other game where it's possible to 'zerg up' like this).

And nah, that's not the reason lmao.

> @Arcaedus.7290 said:

> It's possible he was using that exploit involving marking a critter/another target, remaining in stealth, then once he achieved full malice, switching to you + quickness and DJ. That would definitely come out faster than you could react to and can easily hit 18k+ on players with 3200 armor.

>

> Either way, I think if they fix that exploit, we won't be seeing those ridiculous numbers. The highest i've been hit by DJ without being marked is 8-9k and this was from a full ascended geared roamer.

The Critter scenariis possible but not probable. First if they mark an ambient creature that creature can not be killed. If any of the enemy team kill that creature Malice resets. If the thief himself killed the creature malice resets to zero. In other words if using the ambient creature scenario the thief would have had to mark it, then let it be while he parked without attacking anyone else for some 21 seconds. (One malice stack every 3 seconds if not attacking). Malice resets to zero at the 25 second mark meaning any thief uysing this tactic has all of 4 seconds to get their big hit off.

In the 21 seconds they were camping stealth so as to not reveal themself and build that malice they were doing NO damage to the enemy group. This thief is actaully a detriment to his team. Giving up 21 seconds of damage using even the weak AA of rifle is a net damage LOSS.

What is far more likely is the thief marked an enemy player as a target and then rotated to another and another until his malice filled. He then used DJ on an alternate enemy player he had not marked, which is not a bug or exploit. This can work but it predicated on the original mark not dying before the DE got those full stacks and selected the target for the DJ shot. Now I have been in fights where I will mark a target and he will flee after taking a hit or two, either well out of range or into a nearby tower or portal. This allows my malice to build even as that guy safe behind a wall. If I then choose to use a DJ against another member of that players group then by DESIGN (neither bug nor exploit by the deifinition of the skill) I will get those extra stacks of malice damage off DJ and DJ alone. All of my other rifle attacks will not benefit off that malice as THAT damage is calculated only for the original mark. (based on 3 percent per stack for 21 percent total )

In other words the person to blame for another having to eat a DJ shot is the mark that saved himself :)

Please nerf Thief to the ground like every patch it is... make it more useless please...

I'm not Deadeye player (D/P)

But every patch, update is same... lets make thief useless more. It start with beginning when they nerf our Backstab dmg to the ground, later they add more CDs to our skill.. Then make our Backstab no spamable, if we miss target (add wonderful 1 sec CD).. Now this.. What will come next? Remove stealth from thief ! Due to they are moving in shadow around us..

At least some thiefs get some chance to pick targets and lower enemy population in fight.. But here comes new challenger who ask for another nerfs !

> @Oovie.9206 said:

> > @Sobx.1758 said:

> > aaaand if you have problems dodging something that literally gives you a lazer pointer at your character, then -again- the problem is with you, not with the skill.

> I've read part of the low viewership on Twitch stems from viewers not being able to tell what the flip they're looking at during fights. My eyes would go numb and miss a laser too after this crock:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/0fGOVPC.jpg "")

>

>

>

This screen shot isn't WvW btw

> @Theandil.6045 said:

> Please nerf Thief to the ground like every patch it is... make it more useless please...

> I'm not Deadeye player (D/P)

> But every patch, update is same... lets make thief useless more. It start with beginning when they nerf our Backstab dmg to the ground, later they add more CDs to our skill.. Then make our Backstab no spamable, if we miss target (add wonderful 1 sec CD).. Now this.. What will come next? Remove stealth from thief ! Due to they are moving in shadow around us..

> At least some thiefs get some chance to pick targets and lower enemy population in fight.. But here comes new challenger who ask for another nerfs !

Don't see what you have to be unhappy about. In any other game the speedy scout class has to pay for its speed in some crippling way. For some reason in this game your speed is ignored when they are balancing the classes. That's one kitten of a freebie. Its balanced based on pve and pvp where you all start fights close quarters.

Objectively, thieves should be a very happy bunch when it comes to wvsw. Gotta get some more objectivity in ur diet I guess. By design you will always be number one in a myriad of areas. That's amazing security right off the bat.

> @Cerby.1069 said:

> Don't see what you have to be unhappy about. In any other game the speedy scout class has to pay for its speed in some crippling way. For some reason in this game your speed is ignored when they are balancing the classes.

So tell me how balanced is now Spellbraker, Scourge, Weaver or even full healing Firebrand... Spellbraker can even one shot Marauder thief.. Scourge spam condies to the eternity... Weaver can easily oneshot thief with the Arc lighting and Full healing Firebrand is unkillable shit when comes to fight..

But hey! Thief kill me, lets nerf him !

When comes to Meta.... thief in bottom of this even in PvE is not requested and when comes to WvW only usable role is Roaming, decap or so. Thief is basicaly 1v1 character who need kill opponents fast to avoid large group fights where he is completely useless. What we have from character who cant even 1v1 kill opponent and fight took 2 or more mins? Nothing... Thief comes, kill, hide.. and repeat.

But what we can expect from Warrior player...if you got problem with dodges better go to the Dodge instructor in beginner area.