Please use HoT's reward system in the new expansion

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> I think the HoT system is the reason those maps are still popular today.

There is more than a couple of reasons that the HoT maps are more popular.

1. Better designed, with secrets and a real feeling of what they are trying to convey

2. Cool enemies

3. Fun encounters

4. more intuitive, an event spawns and you go do it. Simple. You dont need to go to a board, grab the bounty and then hope you can do it or there are others aiming to do it. And even then its not rewarding~ The rewards in PoF are lukewarm.

5. They are required for Legendary gen 2 weapons

6. The meta's are no where near as obnoxious as Serpents Ire..

I think VB and AB had great systems. There are map wide events, map section events and localized events. Mobs also drop loot, so you can ignore the events if you want to and just farm mobs. TD has similar systems but did not work as well, due to the map design. And while I love DS, I am not a fan of maps that only have map wide events, and regular mobs drop no loot.

PoF maps are the worst in terms of map flow and design. Localized islands with limited to no connection and mostly tacked on and uninteresting events.

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> if they followed metas and rewards system used in AB, VB it'll be pretty fine for Cantha.

>

> the Dragonfall style meta is fine too but you need to be able to buy keys from an NPC too instead of just getting them from events

It depends. You can't buy crowbars for VB either but it is easy enough to get more than you will need. On the other hand for DF it looks like you need to participate in nearly everything just to get enough keys to open all the chests.

Drizzlewood's mix of event and vendor is probably best though or maybe it is because you can loot the chests for events without participating.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> It depends. You can't buy crowbars for VB either but it is easy enough to get more than you will need. On the other hand for DF it looks like you need to participate in nearly everything just to get enough keys to open all the chests.

>

> Drizzlewood's mix of event and vendor is probably best though or maybe it is because you can loot the chests for events without participating.

you're right lol tbh i have so many crowbars for VB that i don't even know how i got that much and that's just doing the map casually over time

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> the Dragonfall style meta is fine too but you need to be able to buy keys from an NPC too instead of just getting them from events

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> On the other hand for DF it looks like you need to participate in nearly everything just to get enough keys to open all the chests.

I think that the DF meta would be extremely fun for everyone if we could buy mistborn keys for say volatile magic. That way players that join midway through a DF meta run would not feel like they have missed out on available keys and that the meta is not worth fully completing for them.