Dread Suggestion

Lily.1935

I actually really like this trait, but there Is one change I'd like to make and its real simple. Could this apply Fury and Quickness to allies around you when you fear rather than just yourself? Same Duration. I honestly feel this could make for some unique builds for sure.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I think that would be too strong for wvw (well TBH, there's some other things that need serious adjustments in wvw)

> But I don't think that we will see any kind of bigger balance patch any soon.

>

> So nothing going to happen.

I'm curious as to how it would be too much for WvW when Firebrand exists.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > I think that would be too strong for wvw (well TBH, there's some other things that need serious adjustments in wvw)

> > But I don't think that we will see any kind of bigger balance patch any soon.

> >

> > So nothing going to happen.

>

> I'm curious as to how it would be too much for WvW when Firebrand exists.

The #3 skill reset on enemy kill part. Though it wouldn't be broken for scourge, since his fear is attached to skill 4 (we all know scourge is your fav), the other two necros could become very team quickness spammy, which would mean either necro loses the reset, or trait stays as it - solo benefit only.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > I think that would be too strong for wvw (well TBH, there's some other things that need serious adjustments in wvw)

> > > But I don't think that we will see any kind of bigger balance patch any soon.

> > >

> > > So nothing going to happen.

> >

> > I'm curious as to how it would be too much for WvW when Firebrand exists.

>

> The #3 skill reset on enemy kill part. Though it wouldn't be broken for scourge, since his fear is attached to skill 4 (we all know scourge is your fav), the other two necros could become very team quickness spammy, which would mean either necro loses the reset, or trait stays as it - solo benefit only.

In small team skirmishes it wouldn't reset so quickly. In zergs I could see Core necromancer getting a lot of use out of it as a support. But reaper seems like it would be lacking as I'd imagine the radius would be similar to blood is power's range. So like 240 radius. So they'd need to be in melee to get utility from it which in zergs can be difficult to pull off. Not just that but Stability blocks this trait from triggering. I was toys with it in South sun yesterday.

Why ya got to jab at my baby? But seriously, a core support Necro could be really cool. Pull allies, heal them and fear to give quickness. I think it's got a lot of hoops to jump through to make it work. And I do think it's just inferior to Firebrand.

Like. Make a build. Show me. I'm willing to change my mind on this for sure.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> Would be nice for Heal Scourge to have some Quickness sharing but it's never gonna be on the level of Firebrand and people won't consider it in a heartbeat as a replacement.

>

>

I'd like more support in general on necromancer. I feel they need some in Spite, Curses and Death magic. I don't think this would compare to Quickbrand either to be honest. This is much harder to pull off and is more reliant on alacrity to work on scourge.

For core, it would be interesting in WvW with blood magic as bursts of support.

I don't think we'll see any changes to this trait in regards to support because it already allows Mercy Scourge to infinite-barrier allies every time an enemy goes down in competitive modes, and every time an add pops in PvE.

Its not uncommon to keep barriers capped at 50% of ally health with Dread.

It could definitely be more powerful on Reaper, though.

For more support, what about going back to Necromancer's roots and add condition flipping, transfer or consumption? Arenanet never fixed Plague Signet's behavior in PvE. They simply nerfed it so we would not kill ourselves. There are loads of opportunities in Necro to beef up group condition management and I feel sad at the missed potential.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> For more support, what about going back to Necromancer's roots and add condition flipping, transfer or consumption? Arenanet never fixed Plague Signet's behavior in PvE. They simply nerfed it so we would not kill ourselves. There are loads of opportunities in Necro to beef up group condition management and I feel sad at the missed potential.

Necromancer in Guild Wars 1 was a support class too. You see this with things like Barbs, Mark of Pain, Order of Pain, Order of Vampirism, Tainted flesh, blood bond, blood is power, blood ritual, Dark fury, well of power, Order of Apostasy and Withering Aura. Where as monk buffed allies defensively, Necromancers Buffed them offensively mostly. A trait unique to them until Ritualist and then Paragon which both do that too.

Now Necromancer barely buffs people offensively its mostly defensive. Although Scourge is truest to the GW1 classic necromancer, its still quite a ways off. I'd like to see more of this offensive buffing outside of Scourge because it is a core part of the necromancer's identity.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> I don't think we'll see any changes to this trait in regards to support because it already allows Mercy Scourge to infinite-barrier allies every time an enemy goes down in competitive modes, and every time an add pops in PvE.

>

> Its not uncommon to keep barriers capped at 50% of ally health with Dread.

>

> It could definitely be more powerful on Reaper, though.

I'm curious, how do you apply barrier with fears?

Maybe you could keep up transfusion if there's enough enemies that die. But that would require you to run blood magic/spite on scourge, which would lower your barrier uptime (f-abilities recharge longer)

Or does it recharge the f3 on scourge?

Never tried it on scourge because I think it's just bad on it

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > I don't think we'll see any changes to this trait in regards to support because it already allows Mercy Scourge to infinite-barrier allies every time an enemy goes down in competitive modes, and every time an add pops in PvE.

> >

> > Its not uncommon to keep barriers capped at 50% of ally health with Dread.

> >

> > It could definitely be more powerful on Reaper, though.

>

> I'm curious, how do you apply barrier with fears?

> Maybe you could keep up transfusion if there's enough enemies that die. But that would require you to run blood magic/spite on scourge, which would lower your barrier uptime (f-abilities recharge longer)

>

> Or does it recharge the f3 on scourge?

> Never tried it on scourge because I think it's just bad on it

It works very differently on Scourge, yes. For some reason their Fear is on #4 (another strange dev decision), so instead of recharging their Fear it recharges their barrier. Then if you have other sources of Fear like the Staff skill #5 it does the same.

Spite isn't uncommon on support builds as they have Signets of Suffering.