My cute lil necro would like 22,999k opening burst too!

Swagger.1459

I was on my very cutsie lil Asura Necromancer... when a really big and mean Charr Mesmer appeared from stealth and hit me really hard for a total of 22,999 thousand burst damage in like a couple seconds! Yeah!!! That’s twenty two thousand and nine hundred ninety nine power damage!!! Was so strong!!! BUT luckily I had a lot of tougness or I might be crying right now!!! I was also very lucky to be close to a door so I could be safe and hide!

Later I tried really really really hard to chase that really mean Charr Mesmer, but unfortunately my cute lil Asura legs couldn’t catch him! And I didn’t have any cool powers to catch him either. :(

I’m awfully sad that my makers didn’t give me super powered 22,999 thousand power damage bursts... or cool chase and running away and hide magics! Even my cutsie lil minions are not as strong as those mean and nasty illusions!!! :(

This all really breaks my lil Asura heart, so please fix this for me... and all the other very cute and sad Necromancers!

Thanks and Quaggan kisses! ❤️❤️❤️

those Mesmer and thief Solo roamers can bassicaly kill anything instantly that is not a necro or Warrior....

but devs think they are fine......

also necros crying for mobility since the game released or tools or anything that helps us chase or run away from people..... necro is the only class that cant run or chase anything or anyone.... i love it when on my reaper the enemy runs far back and reset the fight like 3+ times until they finaly get enough burst in to take my necro out while all my stuff on CD.... meanwhile im just trying to waddle after or away from him......

i was once killed by a Thief who only used and spammed pistols lol and followed me all around till i finaly died just before i got inside a keep...... of course i tried to fightback a few time during it but yeah its a thief and im a necro the moment i tried to use anything he danced back and around me sooo basically could not do anything..... while he was chipping my HP down with some burst here and there just to make me more mad...

sometimes i just want to scream fuck this game and delete it...

ALSO burst as a reaper..... looooooool while everyone can burst in a matter of seconds a Reaper burst takes half a year because everything that actualy hits for something is a 5000 years long Channeled ability.... that wont even gonna hit half of the time because people can just casualy dance out of it...

it realy make me think sometimes why devs even created necros in this game.....

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> those Mesmer and thief Solo roamers can bassicaly kill anything instantly that is not a necro or Warrior....

>

> but devs think they are fine......

>

> also necros crying for mobility since the game released or tools or anything that helps us chase or run away from people..... necro is the only class that cant run or chase anything or anyone.... i love it when on my reaper the enemy runs far back and reset the fight like 3+ times until they finaly get enough burst in to take my necro out while all my stuff on CD.... meanwhile im just trying to waddle after or away from him......

>

> i was once killed by a Thief who only used and spammed pistols lol and followed me all around till i finaly died just before i got inside a keep...... of course i tried to fightback a few time during it but yeah its a thief and im a necro the moment i tried to use anything he danced back and around me sooo basically could not do anything..... while he was chipping my HP down with some burst here and there just to make me more mad...

>

> sometimes i just want to scream kitten this game and delete it...

>

> ALSO burst as a reaper..... looooooool while everyone can burst in a matter of seconds a Reaper burst takes half a year because everything that actualy hits for something is a 5000 years long Channeled ability.... that wont even gonna hit half of the time because people can just casualy dance out of it...

>

> it realy make me think sometimes why devs even created necros in this game.....

I started crying halfway through... This is so true and sad... :'(

Power Mesmer bursts

- can be dodged or shroud-tanked (50% dmg. reduction)

- are telegraphed (soundeffects and visuals)

- require a very squishy Mesmer build which can be two shotted by a power Necro or condi bombed by a condi Necro

I don't see the problem here. (I am just talking about the power shatter burst combo at this point, not the state of Mesmer, Chrono or Mirage in general.)

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> i was once killed by a Thief who only used and spammed pistols lol and followed me all around till i finaly died just before i got inside a keep...... of course i tried to fightback a few time during it but yeah its a thief and im a necro the moment i tried to use anything he danced back and around me sooo basically could not do anything..... while he was chipping my HP down with some burst here and there just to make me more mad...

Ghastly Claws and Chill of Death (nice that Unload generates a boon ;-) ) outdamage Unload and you have more health (and Shroud as backup if you messed up your positioning) than the Thief. Just facetank an Unload while channeling Ghastly Claws. The cool thing about Unload is that a Thief can't Unload and Heatshot at once. If he decides to cancel the Unload for a Headshot he used 9 initiative which is a huge invest compared to the 5 (minus 2) initiative for the full channel. So your Ghastly Claws channel is pretty safe to use.

You might not kill him but you can force him to disengage by counterbursting (the standard strategy against Thieves).

And in general: Don't run Death Magic oder Blood Magic for sustain when on your own. These traitlines are useless in duells. Corruptions (esp. Might > Weakness) and Shroud (Barriers) are the Necro's defense.

I feel your pain, but in WvW Thief and Mesmer are good for duels and Necro is good for group fights. Reaper does just fine when it can wade into a group of enemies and swing a greatsword around, and let's not get started with Scourge even after the nerfs. I wouldn't mind a bit more mobility on Reaper but I wouldn't expect to outrun a Thief just like I wouldn't expect the Thief to corrupt all my boons.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> Power Mesmer bursts

> - can be dodged or shroud-tanked (50% dmg. reduction)

> You might not kill him but you can force him to disengage by counterbursting (the standard strategy against Thieves).

Pffff hahaha shroud tanked...... yeah no.... not once got my entire shroud melted in seconds by thiefs and mesmers in the opening just so then they can run away wait a few sec and burst me again to oblivion without me having any defense...

Counterbursting a good thief with a reaper ? good luck with that... majority of your burst will be evaded and kited also a good thief will just stealth spam your ass off while constantly healing himself..... a good thief gonna literaly outsustain a Reaper while avoiding most of your attacks....

the best thing is, that 90% of scourge dmg came from bugs, but before anet fixed the bugs anet nerfed f2 and f1 of scourges bugpower and after that they fixed the bugs.

to break it down, they nerfed a buggy stand of the class they now have fixed. without the bugs there wasnt any reason to nerf scourge.......xD

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> Power Mesmer bursts

> - can be dodged or shroud-tanked (50% dmg. reduction)

> - are telegraphed (soundeffects and visuals)

> - require a very squishy Mesmer build which can be two shotted by a power Necro or condi bombed by a condi Necro

>

> I don't see the problem here. (I am just talking about the power shatter burst combo at this point, not the state of Mesmer, Chrono or Mirage in general.)

>

> > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > i was once killed by a Thief who only used and spammed pistols lol and followed me all around till i finaly died just before i got inside a keep...... of course i tried to fightback a few time during it but yeah its a thief and im a necro the moment i tried to use anything he danced back and around me sooo basically could not do anything..... while he was chipping my HP down with some burst here and there just to make me more mad...

> Ghastly Claws and Chill of Death (nice that Unload generates a boon ;-) ) outdamage Unload and you have more health (and Shroud as backup if you messed up your positioning) than the Thief. Just facetank an Unload while channeling Ghastly Claws. The cool thing about Unload is that a Thief can't Unload and Heatshot at once. If he decides to cancel the Unload for a Headshot he used 9 initiative which is a huge invest compared to the 5 (minus 2) initiative for the full channel. So your Ghastly Claws channel is pretty safe to use.

>

> You might not kill him but you can force him to disengage by counterbursting (the standard strategy against Thieves).

>

> And in general: Don't run Death Magic oder Blood Magic for sustain when on your own. These traitlines are useless in duells. Corruptions (esp. Might > Weakness) and Shroud (Barriers) are the Necro's defense.

Thank you for the helpful tips, but my heart still feels broken... :'(

• 1 year later...

I was thinking it would be nice if all necro cast times were reduced by 50%. Also buff warhorn locusts swarm to gain +66% movement speed and the locust swam also adds weakness and cripple. Increase life force gain to 2% and set the duration of both the speed and locust swarm to last 15 seconds on the 30 CD. Finally death charge and grasping darkness have their range increased to 1200 to become proper gap closers and reaper would be fine for mobility

> @"Zoltreez.6435" said:

> those Mesmer and thief Solo roamers can bassicaly kill anything instantly that is not a necro or Warrior....

>

>

> also necros crying for mobility since the game released or tools or anything that helps us chase or run away from people..... necro is the only class that cant run or chase anything or anyone.... i love it when on my reaper the enemy runs far back and reset the fight like 3+ times until they finaly get enough burst in to take my necro out while all my stuff on CD.... meanwhile im just trying to waddle after or away from him......

>

>

>

> ALSO burst as a reaper..... looooooool while everyone can burst in a matter of seconds a Reaper burst takes half a year because everything that actualy hits for something is a 5000 years long Channeled ability.... that wont even gonna hit half of the time because people can just casualy dance out of it...

>

> it realy make me think sometimes why devs even created necros in this game.....

I was recently killed very fast with pistol unload skill on my warrior and each hit was doing 2k dammage. Fortunately for me I had 3,600 armor rating so I survived 1 more second than other classes.

> @"Zoltreez.6435" said:

>

>

>

>

>

>

dood pls stahp using the dotdotdots

The way this OP was written lol

We charr can be savages but as a charr necro i know your pain.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @KrHome.1920 said:

> > Power Mesmer bursts

> > - can be dodged or shroud-tanked (50% dmg. reduction)

> > - are telegraphed (soundeffects and visuals)

> > - require a very squishy Mesmer build which can be two shotted by a power Necro or condi bombed by a condi Necro

> >

> > I don't see the problem here. (I am just talking about the power shatter burst combo at this point, not the state of Mesmer, Chrono or Mirage in general.)

> >

> > > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > > i was once killed by a Thief who only used and spammed pistols lol and followed me all around till i finaly died just before i got inside a keep...... of course i tried to fightback a few time during it but yeah its a thief and im a necro the moment i tried to use anything he danced back and around me sooo basically could not do anything..... while he was chipping my HP down with some burst here and there just to make me more mad...

> > Ghastly Claws and Chill of Death (nice that Unload generates a boon ;-) ) outdamage Unload and you have more health (and Shroud as backup if you messed up your positioning) than the Thief. Just facetank an Unload while channeling Ghastly Claws. The cool thing about Unload is that a Thief can't Unload and Heatshot at once. If he decides to cancel the Unload for a Headshot he used 9 initiative which is a huge invest compared to the 5 (minus 2) initiative for the full channel. So your Ghastly Claws channel is pretty safe to use.

> >

> > You might not kill him but you can force him to disengage by counterbursting (the standard strategy against Thieves).

> >

> > And in general: Don't run Death Magic oder Blood Magic for sustain when on your own. These traitlines are useless in duells. Corruptions (esp. Might > Weakness) and Shroud (Barriers) are the Necro's defense.

>

> Thank you for the helpful tips, but my heart still feels broken... :'(

"Can be doged" is not good advice or really a tip thats just implying that it can be done.

Truth be told while there are some tells that a mesmer may be about to burst you, for example, They pull the great-sword over the head as they are about to throw mirror blade. Thats usually a indication that a 1 shot burst its coming. Other than that its a 50/50 shot. Either you will get hit by some or all of the burst or you will dodge it all.

With mesmers running that kind of build its a big mind game and thats all you can really go on to dodge the burst. If you dont see them go into stealth and they hit you with it however then its just gg. There are no visual or audio tells from inside stealth if you didn't see them enter stealth your chances of dodging that kind of burst are next to none. If you hear the mantras actives on your character before you pressed the dodge button you already got hit.

Some people might say just count to 3 or 5 and dodge cause they will always attack out of stealth... once again this is wishful thinking its common for most mesmers to do this but not every mesmer will do this in fact some of them wont attack you at all at that time frame or attack you with a different skill. Its literally a cheesy mind game.

While mesmers are squishy they have the mobility and defensive tools to get away with doing the burst roughly 2 to 5 times before most go down. So Squishy does not always mean vulnerable. Evades are stealth and invlun not looked at as a form sustain or durability in this game by most players of which mesmer fairs pretty well in all 3 of those categories.

Usually the only way i beat mesmers who run that kind of build is if I dodge both mantra burst and they continue to fight me after that rather than run away. So ideally they let me kill them. Smart / Average mesmer players wont do this and usually will run or kite around you till they can attempt the burst again, the only way i get them is if i manage to dodge or soak several burst attempts something of 3 to 5 burst attempts (which is hard for necro to do and live let alone kill after). But usually after that many burst attempts they have used their invuln, stealths, blinks, and natural evades etc. leaving them wide open to attack. A good CI mesmr will have a lot more stuns and cc's though along with more annoying conditions like immobilize and slow / blind making it even harder for necromancer.

In the case WvW and mesmer who plays super safe and runs away after failing to kill you with this kind of set up, if cant get the mesmer quick then just try to get away from them. Mesmers are not as good at chasing as some people might think. If they used their blink and are out of range for the sword blink they pretty much cant do anything other than gs auto you which is annoying but pretty harmless.

To be honest I would take his advice on trying to counter burst a thief with a grain of salt thats not a good method generally never hp soak unload if you can avoid it just avoid it lol. Best case situation you burst each other and the thief backs off for a few seconds only to dance right back in on your face his mobility will be higher than yours and cooldowns are likely going to be much lower than yours. Generally the better way to do it is to dodge what you can and enter shroud or cc them with a pull or fear if possible before attempting to fight back. The more resources you can make said thief use before you start taking damage from your hp the better. If reaper use shroud skill 2 to block the projectiles while advancing on them.

Well, as far as WvW goes, enemy tells can easily be hidden in the chaos of a skirmish so, in that regard, burst builds have more advantage. Picking out a target to burst down and doing it in WvW is easier than in an arena.

However, as people have mentioned, Necro is quite strong when used for AoE pressure and support in a crowd. Necro has always been prime loot-bait if you have an ally to take advantage of an opponent whose burst is on cool-down. This is a reality for playing a profession designed for heavy area denial.

> @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> The makers believe that the only thing that Necros are viable for is WvW CONDI CORRUPT ZERGING, or Condi corrupt PvP anything else you can play a different class and do much better in it, they are not allowed to be viable in anything else or NERF NERF AND MORE NERF

Power scourge is meta in wvw zerg, just saying.

![](https://i.imgur.com/B3RGRCr.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/fdHxOAq.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/hCiqAJi.jpg "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/flspApm.jpg "")

I know this is a joke thread and all... And I'm aware of the limitations of the skills in the screenshots, primarily their cast times, but... Reaper in particular has had so many damage buffs that at this point I'm pretty sure Shroud auto attacks are capable of 2 shotting people. And of course there's always the Ghastly Claws memes too.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> One shroud spin and thief or mesmers dead,problem? Lmao reaper does some pretty good burst but can atleast take a burst as well wow

If you hit a thief or mesmer with shroud spin, either your opponents are very bad, or you are just way way way more smarter and better than them