pls stop with the pvp dmg nerfs while leaving wvw unchanged

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > Umm, WvW and PvP are **not** the same. We use PvE gear, while PvP has standard ones, so that alone means the same nerfs can't happen across both game modes the same way.

>

> they aren't. damage is higher in wvw by a large margin, thats why it makes sense to have pvp dmg nerfs in wvw.

>

>

But it's higher probably because of the PvE gear, that's my point. To nerf the same thing in PvP and WvW the same amount is not the way. Especially since that would then mean other multipliers from other skills that affect the nerfed one would maybe go down too much while others blah blah, you get the picture. Each game mode needs to be balanced individually.

Also, you do know that damage is greater in WvW because of more people. But also because of more people - that all run PvE gear - higher damage doesn't mean the same thing in WvW as it does in PvP where there's less people. In WvW that damage can be mitigated by others and yourself pretty consistently (in good formations etc.), while in PvP you don't usually (as far as i know) all stack on one person and share boons, heals and condi strips...

You literally can't treat it the same and can't just outright say, damage in WvW needs to get nerfed. There's other factors to consider.

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > snips

>

> i suppose it comes down to is sustain higher then dmg.

Maybe. But whatever they do, i don't think they should tread PvP and WvW as the same thing and just shell out same nerfs across the board for both game modes. Cause then they'll be doing a disservice to both of them.

> every nerf in pvp should be in wvw, especially damage ones. even more so for dmg since the stats are way higher in wvw. cd increases too usually. i DON'T think dmg nerfs in wvw should be in pvp obviously.

>

>

>

Some sPvP changes could have been nice for WvW, others would be a disaster.

They gamemodes clearly shouldn't be balanced together.

An environment where cleric/magi/soldier, every single rune and the majority of sigils are considered too strong probably shouldn't share balance with an environment where minstrel/trailblazer, cleansing sigil, durability/torment runes etc are all considered okay, but where one even in full toughness gear, often gets hit for 7k+ crits.

Now I very much prefer the high powered environment of WvW to the low powered sPvP environment, but they're distinctly different and shouldn't share balance.

> every nerf in pvp should be in wvw, especially damage ones. even more so for dmg since the stats are way higher in wvw. cd increases too usually. i DON'T think dmg nerfs in wvw should be in pvp obviously.

>

>

>

**+10**

I will continue to warn Anet, whatever you do to one, you must also do to the other. There Should Not Be Found Of Any Favoritism Amongst The Game Modes.

-PvP, WvW, PvE Community, we all share similar common interests, common goals, common struggles, similar stories....what we all have in common? we all play different game modes yet come together as a group to share our experiences-

**Playing Favorite Will Only Result With Disastrous Ripple Effect To All Game Modes, Dividing The Community, Resulting With Endless Backlash By The Community As A Whole!!**

-_until Anet understand this, the Community will continue to take matters into their hands by walking away and telling your competitors how you are dividing them_-

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > every nerf in pvp should be in wvw, especially damage ones. even more so for dmg since the stats are way higher in wvw. cd increases too usually. i DON'T think dmg nerfs in wvw should be in pvp obviously.

> I will continue to warn Anet, whatever you do to one, you must also do to the other. There Should Not Be Found Of Any Favoritism Amongst The Game Modes.

Nah, this is not favoritism, these modes have different rules and in a lot of cases just play differently.

> -PvP, WvW, PvE Community, we all share similar common interests, common goals, common struggles, similar stories....what we all have in common? we all play different game modes yet come together as a group to share our experiences-

...and I wasn't even talking about PvE, because for that there's rarely a reason to share the nerfs with more competitive modes.

> -_until Anet understand this, the Community will continue to take matters into their hands by walking away and telling your competitors how you are dividing them_-

And here I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

SPvP and WvW have different access to:

- stats (some combinations not being available to the either mode)

- differ in objectives (scaling of lords, siege fights, etc)

- differ in player count, which results in far different elements coming together (more support in WvW, more chance to get +1 or +5ed or more in WvW)

- differ in allowing players to adapt to situations (can't change class or build mid spvp fight)

There are far more reasons which are grounded in the difference of the modes, but suffice to say, the same balance for both modes would cause issues and is not beneficial.