Should there be a notification system of sorts from gw2 to your mobileno for important stuff

gw2 notifications need not be spammy.. but a few would be really useful.. like..

1. When game faces a known issue crash(like the ones that happened with the glyphs crashing map and warrior traits)

2. Disconnects

3. Busy, outage,

4. Faulty patch

we can opt-in somewhere (either in gw2 forums or in game itself) to be notified once its been fixed. once we get the notification, the opt-in would get opted-out automatically so we wont get spammed messages

also if gw2 login servers get busy and popups the message "caouldnt connect with login servers check firewall", it could be with our own internet connection.. but then again, after checking it out and confirming the issue is not with our internet, and checking the forums to see if anyone posted any outage issues in forums and https://downdetector.com/status/guild-wars-2/ , no signs of anyone posting anything anywhere... this notification system might come in handy

also these crashes,dc and outages are a temporary thing and maintaining a forum thread might not be fruitful or it might work out...

saves a lot of time checking the game often until it gets fixed... meanwhile, we can go play other games or do some other irl stuff

I could've put my words inefficiently so some ppl might not get the full picture and idea and outright dismiss it... but think about it

if atleast anet finds implementing such noticfication system costly and complicated, it can maintain a sticky thread in forums with official anet tag

Even if there was such an app, I don't think it would be useful for one reason: Anet doesn't really communicate.

If it takes hours for them to respond to chronic crashing or server issues (if they respond at all) then a notification app isn't going to be much use since you'd still have to look at the forums/reddit/twitter to see if there's been a hotfix yet.

You're better off finding a GW2 discord that does patch announcements and using the mobile app because if they can't spare someone to write a post on the forum or hire a community manager, they're unlikely to make use of a notification app even if they had one already made and ready to go.

No because there’s too many variables and too many instances of partial populations affected to be useful or accurate

- we have Twitter or the forums which almost always cover the issues. A complete login issue is almost always tweeted by Anet.

- It’s not important enough or a big enough issue to worry about developing an app or notification system for. If it is down, then it’s not really a big problem

I’d rather Anet just focused on better communication which is basically free and easy to do and should be expected anyway

I don’t see the use for it. If I’m not going to log in at that time then it’s not effecting me and I don’t need the notification. If I am, unless the whole system is down then a server problem may or may not effect me. Sometimes it’s a regional (EU/NA) problem and sometimes it’s a specific problem. Even the other day when the game was crashing it didn’t crash on all my chars. I switched chars and had no problem.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> Does any game company advertise/broadcast that their game doesn't work? Seems like bad press to me, better for them to remain silent and just fix the problem?

Anet often put something on Twitter when there's problems with servers, or something equally serious that stops playing logging in or whatever.

Elder Scrolls Online does that too and also has notifications on their forum when the game is offline for maintenance or having serious problems that stop people logging in. For a while they also had a series of news articles about their efforts to improve performance in the game, but that was an extreme case, most games dont get that unreliable that they need that sort of extensive work to minimise (note: not complete fix) the problems.

It might seem like bad press to broadcast that there's problems but when the message is "We know, we're working on it" then it's better to say something than to ignore it and leave players wondering if you've even noticed or constantly sending support tickets, spamming the forum, spamming your social media etc. etc. to ask what's going on.

(Much smaller scale but I have to do something similar in my job occasionally - emailing all my volunteers to tell them their websites are offline or they can't edit them or whatever. The downside is it makes the ones who haven't had any problems aware and might put them off trying to use their sites, but that's far outweighed by the benefit of not getting up to 300 emails a day from people telling me their website isn't working and asking if I can fix it.)