Low Tier Gawd – Core Engi PvP by Wewdstawk

bethekey.8314

Hello everyone,

I don’t play much anymore, but after hearing so much about how they massacred my boy Core Engineer in the name of Holosmith, I decided to see what I could do. Going back to my classic Flamethrower + Elixir Gun roots, I put together a solid build and had good success against all classes and skill levels. A long string of “duels” against who I assume to be one of the top NA engineers (currently) prompted me to compile a fun video to show you all.

Enjoy!

Wood

> @"Shroud.2307" said:

> Lmao, I stand by my comment. And I still play core too :P.

>

> Loved that intro. Not sure how I feel about Carrion, but it gives me some ideas for a WvW build. Good stuff, I enjoyed!

Hahaha, respect, and glad you liked the intro. Inserting stupid/silly references is half of the fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Way to go brother in arms. Similar build to mine and just like you I have been proclaiming this build’s amazingness since a short time after the game launched. For me, Tools is a higher priority than Inventions for more incredible trick plays. Though inventions guarantees more survivability.

Here is my edition using Rabid

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Comeback_King_Engie_Core_Spec

Here are some of my vids. Old videos but still good.

> @"Dirame.8521" said:

> Way to go brother in arms. Similar build to mine and just like you I have been proclaiming this build’s amazingness since a short time after the game launched. For me, Tools is a higher priority than Inventions for more incredible trick plays. Though inventions guarantees more survivability.

>

Thanks! I've been a fan of Flamethrower + Elixir Gun builds since launch as well.

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> Good all around.

>

> Got a bad feeling about Acid Bomb though. I replaced the grenade kit with the elixir gun ever since the former was placed on an ejectable seat and it works well. Perhaps... _too_ well to some standards.

Yeah...nades feel over-nerfed to me now, at least outside of Holo. Maybe it's different in other game modes, but I don't think Acid Bomb will be toned down as one of the few decent power skills Engineer has left.

> @"Helicity.3416" said:

> I'm not sure I'd want to associate myself with _LTG_, but you do you ;)

He's Low Tier God. I'm Low Tier Gawd. Huge difference.

But seriously, he seems like an ass and please don't actually call me Low Tier Gawd, lol.

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

>

> Remember deadly mixture trait? #oldtraitnostalgia

Yeah and the original kit swap trait where kits didn't share a cooldown with one another. Good times.