Build Template Expansion v Equipment Template Expansion v Build Storage Expansion

> @"Michael Conrad.6704" said:

> Thank you Sobx. At what point will I need to get the Build Storage Expansion ?

Pretty much when you unlock all build template slots and feel you still want to buy additional one for that character. Build storage is account-wide (but the saved build is class-specific, so if you want to use it for multiple characters, they'd need to be the same class).

Actually Linken is right, if you don't mind alt-tabbing and copy-pasting the build codes then never. :D

> @"Michael Conrad.6704" said:

> Thank you Sobx. At what point will I need to get the Build Storage Expansion ?

You can just as easily use message of the day if you got a 1 person guild or a google text document to store as many builds as you want without build storage expansions.

Build storage is basically never necessary because you can copy paste chat codes. Equipment templates are necessary if you don't want to character swap (i.e. from Heal Firebrand to condi Firebrand to DH) ; build templates are necessary if you want to have hotkeys for builds. Generally if you don't play PVP or WVW (or have a dedicated character for those game modes) you can use all three build templates for PVE.

Edit: Unless you're playing a support build or WVW, generally speaking you don't need to buy anything.

Warrior - Power/Condi

Guardian - Power / Condi / **Heal** / Condi QB (alt to Condi)

Revenant - Alacrity / Condi (also condi RR) / **Heal** (very rare)

Ranger - Power / **Heal** Druid / Condi

Engineer - Power / Condi / **Heal** scrapper (rare in PVE)

Thief - Power / **Boon** thief if you raid

Mesmer - Power / **Boon** chrono / Condi / Condi Boon if you raid

Ele - Power / Condi / **heal** tempest (less common in PVE)

Necro - Power / Condi / **heal** scourge

I use build storage when I'm trying to come up with a new build, or trying out one I'm not yet sure about. But even then it's not necessary, it's just a bit quicker and easier than saving them in a document somewhere.

I have a document I use to keep all of the builds I actually use (as well as a bunch of other GW2 stuff), rather than trying to keep them all in the game. Especially since some of them are very rarely used (like my Labyrinth builds, which get used 1 month a year at most).