Spammed by the mastery notification

Hello, my characters are L80 (xp is capped) and haven't completed their personal story yet. I recently bought both extensions and started to put hero points into one specialization.

However now, I'm literally spammed by a notification about "already completed abilities - need to start masteries" that pops up each time I earn xp I believe (upon killing foes, at least) .

![](https://zupimages.net/up/20/50/mod7.jpeg "")

In the midst of combat, one click with pointer is necessary to get rid of this for a few seconds or minutes only, not to tell about when I'm trying to familiarize with target mode.

What am I expected to do ? To complete the personal story and then start HoT until this spamming ceases? Or to skip the personal story and start HoT as soon as possible?

Do I loose any kind of "xp" (played time converted into hero points) by postponing the first episodes of HoT and just playing vanilla content and LW? Or is it an unintended behaviour?

> @"Haaznahnuff.1907" said:

> Hello, my characters are L80 (xp is capped) and haven't completed their personal story yet. I recently bought both extensions and started to put hero points into one specialization.

>

> However now, I'm literally spammed by a notification about "already completed abilities - need to start masteries" that pops up each time I earn xp I believe (upon killing foes, at least) .

> ![](https://zupimages.net/up/20/50/mod7.jpeg "")

>

>

> In the midst of combat, one click with pointer is necessary to get rid of this for a few seconds or minutes only, not to tell about when I'm trying to familiarize with target mode.

>

> What am I expected to do ? To complete the personal story and then start HoT until this spamming ceases? Or to skip the personal story and start HoT as soon as possible?

> Do I loose any kind of "xp" (played time converted into hero points) by postponing the first episodes of HoT and just playing vanilla content and LW? Or is it an unintended behaviour?

You lose exp going into masteries nothing else.

If you start HoT or PoF enough to access *one* mastery there, you also unlock the ability to spend XP in Central Tyria masteries (red ones) and gather CT mastery points (you probably already have a few) so you can even train them once their bar is full. I recommend training the Pact Commander one, because it gives some useful stuff.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> If you start HoT or PoF enough to access *one* mastery there, you also unlock the ability to spend XP in Central Tyria masteries (red ones) and gather CT mastery points (you probably already have a few) so you can even train them once their bar is full. I recommend training the Pact Commander one, because it gives some useful stuff.

They can also start icebrood saga episode as well.

Hmm, you mean I really loose experience and kind of waste my played time then, if as Wiki states, vanilla content like fighting champions would also earn me exp I can convert into mastery points. If I understand well, there is more than the static "mega-hero points" indicated on the map and waiting for me when I'm ready, as I originally thought.

Players at level 80 will continue to earn experience as normal. The only difference is that earned experience is not used for levelling up, but for training masteries. If a level 80 player has not unlocked the mastery system, or is not training any mastery at the time, **earned experience is essentially wasted**.
I wish I had read this a bit earlier, instead of being spammed on every minute in game. Thanks for the precision, anyway. I should have asked earlier too!

> @"Haaznahnuff.1907" said:

> Hmm, you mean I really loose experience and kind of waste my played time then, if as Wiki states, vanilla content like fighting champions would also earn me exp I can convert into mastery points. If I understand well, there is more than the static "mega-hero points" indicated on the map and waiting for me when I'm ready, as I originally thought.

>

>

Players at level 80 will continue to earn experience as normal. The only difference is that earned experience is not used for levelling up, but for training masteries. If a level 80 player has not unlocked the mastery system, or is not training any mastery at the time, **earned experience is essentially wasted**.
I wish I had read this a bit earlier, instead of being spammed on every minute in game. Thanks for the precision, anyway. I should have asked earlier too!

You dont get mastery points for filling up your xp bar but you unlock the ability to use the mastery points you got from story or achievements to climb higher on that mastery track.