Anet are will do something with pvp?

Undertaker.4368

> @"Undertaker.4368" said:

> Anet are will do something with pvp?I spend 4 yrs at pvp and really i saw a lot.

> Current pvp is unplayable.

Well, Anet devs with the Feb patch alienated a good portion of the spvp player base. And a group of them dropped. And the player base was not exactly large prior to that. And to be clear, spvp currently sucks.

Not much can be done now. The damage is already done and you cannot just go back. Player base will continuously get smaller. The expansion should increase the player base. I doubt it would have the previous effect on spvp though. The infrastructure for spvp is not going maintain large player base for long. Not many enjoy CC and AOE spam.

I have a very very very faint hope that End of Dragons will introduce some new pvp modes or at least 1, since back in GW1 it was (also) the Cantha-expansion that brought Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. I loved Fort Aspenwood and I'd love to see it return or maybe something similar.

There are actually discord servers specifically for organizing FA matches where for example on saturday evening people will all join at a certain hour and fill queues, so I'm not the only one who loved the mode.

> @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> I have a very very very faint hope that End of Dragons will introduce some new pvp modes or at least 1, since back in GW1 it was (also) the Cantha-expansion that brought Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. I loved Fort Aspenwood and I'd love to see it return or maybe something similar.

> There are actually discord servers specifically for organizing FA matches where for example on saturday evening people will all join at a certain hour and fill queues, so I'm not the only one who loved the mode.

You're gonna laugh. I played stronghold the past few days and it's a lot of fun. Sure, the game mode has problems but it could have potential with some fixes and maybe 6v6 instead of 5v5. It just feels way more diverse than conquest because it has more room for strats. Or it might be "novelty" factor im experiencing.

> @"Undertaker.4368" said:

> Anet are will do something with pvp?I spend 4 yrs at pvp and really i saw a lot.

I hope no. The current pvp will stay as is.

> Current pvp is unplayable.

what is start point? What you wait from spvp ? do you need solid team, non afk teammates, non toxic party chat ? so you missclked on button.

Please , don't join ranked for that. It it NOT for you.

You should use tournament and bring ppl from guild.

People who want just play pvp, don't worry about chat,or fail from teammate, or afk members or etc, who know what all depend only from themself - ranked is perfect choose.

Don't want tournaments? OR till tournament 2h waiting ? And anyway have 5 team members ? so welcome on unranked.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> but gameplay will still be as bad as ever.

?? can you explain what you wait from gameplay? say "bad" is not enough. If someone make 50 accounts and write "pvp is good" this is will be enough?

Try argument yours words for better discussion/

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > but gameplay will still be as bad as ever.

> ?? can you explain what you wait from gameplay? say "bad" is not enough. If someone make 50 accounts and write "pvp is good" this is will be enough?

> Try argument yours words for better discussion/

>

Gameplay is bad because class design is fundamentally flawed. Balance patches wont change that, and the xpac will probably only introduce more broken elite specs. Every single class has several builds that rely on terrible design decisions, like doing damage while evading, spamming aoe or cc, or having constant sustain/kiting potential. Even if they arent meta, its not fun to fight.

> Gameplay is bad because class design is fundamentally flawed.

so may be IF if fundamentally flawed for you there is no any point wait changes?

>Balance patches wont change that

why you think that balance patches for change something "fundamentally flawed"? No, they a not for that. This is cosmetic minor changes for people once more time look on triats. Thats all. So waiting something from balance patch like "fundamentally flawed" is wrong way. Same wait from game changes "fundamentally flawed" no. If I want something another I play other games, after some time say "oh, bring me back, gw2 the best game"

> and the xpac will probably only introduce more broken elite specs.

why probably? if some people that do balance currently do do clases(if you read twitter) why you say "probably"? Will be more broken elite specsit, will be same, as always, as we like it.

Don't hurt yourself, by making unbelivibile waiting for something another. Try find what you like, but not look on unliked things.

>Every single class has several builds that rely on terrible design decisions, like doing damage while evading, spamming aoe or cc, or having constant sustain/kiting potential.

this is part of fun. If you don't see that - that we point try thing what something should be changes?

>Even if they arent meta, its not fun to fight.

I play non meta, and feel fun too. We have mmr system. You need more rad about this, and don't worry about meta or non meta.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

So think why I with non-meta can get fun, and you wih any biuld or class can't

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > Gameplay is bad because class design is fundamentally flawed.

> so may be IF if fundamentally flawed for you there is no any point wait changes?

>

> >Balance patches wont change that

> why you think that balance patches for change something "fundamentally flawed"? No, they a not for that. This is cosmetic minor changes for people once more time look on triats. Thats all. So waiting something from balance patch like "fundamentally flawed" is wrong way. Same wait from game changes "fundamentally flawed" no. If I want something another I play other games, after some time say "oh, bring me back, gw2 the best game"

>

> > and the xpac will probably only introduce more broken elite specs.

> why probably? if some people that do balance currently do do clases(if you read twitter) why you say "probably"? Will be more broken elite specsit, will be same, as always, as we like it.

> Don't hurt yourself, by making unbelivibile waiting for something another. Try find what you like, but not look on unliked things.

>

> >Every single class has several builds that rely on terrible design decisions, like doing damage while evading, spamming aoe or cc, or having constant sustain/kiting potential.

> this is part of fun. If you don't see that - that we point try thing what something should be changes?

>

> >Even if they arent meta, its not fun to fight.

> I play non meta, and feel fun too. We have mmr system. You need more rad about this, and don't worry about meta or non meta.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

> So think why I with non-meta can get fun, and you wih any biuld or class can't

To keep things general, Ive played more than my fair share of pvp from gold into high plat and have seen some of the worst the game has to offer. There is still fun to be had for some people, but I and many others have grown tired of the same old problems not being addressed. Over the years I have hoped the game would change to be more competitive with less power creep, but each xpac has done the opposite.

> To keep things general, Ive played more than my fair share of pvp from gold into high plat and have seen some of the worst the game has to offer.

Have you finish the season in 1st place on the skill rating leaderboard? 2th ? 3th ? 1-25 ? Be in plat - nowadays is not result.

As for me the better get fun wiht casual build in silver when play from gold into high plat and feel bad.

>There is still fun to be had for some people,

yes, it is fun

>but I and many others have grown tired of the same old problems not being addressed.

the root wrong way think that is your don't like something that this is problem. If the water is wet this is not old problem. That work as should.

> Over the years I have hoped the game would change to be more competitive with less power creep, but each xpac has done the opposite.

make what hope is wrong way. Why you have that hope is unthinkable for me. The water is wet and this is ok.

> @"Jekkt.6045" said:

> > @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > I have a very very very faint hope that End of Dragons will introduce some new pvp modes or at least 1, since back in GW1 it was (also) the Cantha-expansion that brought Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. I loved Fort Aspenwood and I'd love to see it return or maybe something similar.

> > There are actually discord servers specifically for organizing FA matches where for example on saturday evening people will all join at a certain hour and fill queues, so I'm not the only one who loved the mode.

>

> You're gonna laugh. I played stronghold the past few days and it's a lot of fun. Sure, the game mode has problems but it could have potential with some fixes and maybe 6v6 instead of 5v5. It just feels way more diverse than conquest because it has more room for strats.

I'm not gonna laugh, I've suggested a stronghold rework numerous times as a change to improve sPvP as a game mode. I like stronghold as well, liked it from the beginning, but Anet just put the very first iteration into the game and called it a day. It is to be expected that it still has some flaws imo. But back then Stronghold was part of the ranked pvp rotation and everybody requested it to be removed from ranked which I totally understand btw. I was one of them because people had absolutely no idea about the map and just went for kills and ignored the mechanics. Was a complete clown fiesta and still is more often than not. But I guess Anet took this as "People don't want the pvp mode _in general_" which ofc is not true.

> Or it might be "novelty" factor im experiencing.

If nothing more, it is at least a nice change from Conquest for a while.

> @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > @"Jekkt.6045" said:

> > > @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > > I have a very very very faint hope that End of Dragons will introduce some new pvp modes or at least 1, since back in GW1 it was (also) the Cantha-expansion that brought Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. I loved Fort Aspenwood and I'd love to see it return or maybe something similar.

> > > There are actually discord servers specifically for organizing FA matches where for example on saturday evening people will all join at a certain hour and fill queues, so I'm not the only one who loved the mode.

> >

> > You're gonna laugh. I played stronghold the past few days and it's a lot of fun. Sure, the game mode has problems but it could have potential with some fixes and maybe 6v6 instead of 5v5. It just feels way more diverse than conquest because it has more room for strats.

>

> I'm not gonna laugh, I've suggested a stronghold rework numerous times as a change to improve sPvP as a game mode. I like stronghold as well, liked it from the beginning, but Anet just put the very first iteration into the game and called it a day. It is to be expected that it still has some flaws imo. But back then Stronghold was part of the ranked pvp rotation and everybody requested it to be removed from ranked which I totally understand btw. I was one of them because people had absolutely no idea about the map and just went for kills and ignored the mechanics. Was a complete clown fiesta and still is more often than not. But I guess Anet took this as "People don't want the pvp mode _in general_" which ofc is not true.

>

> > Or it might be "novelty" factor im experiencing.

> If nothing more, it is at least a nice change from Conquest for a while.

I think that is what killed it, they rushed it, slapped it on ranked and didn't iterate on it, and since conquest has been the main mode for so long and both playing way differently from each other it required different builds. If they had the build templates then and had started a Beta test on in unranked, it would have faired differently.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > To keep things general, Ive played more than my fair share of pvp from gold into high plat and have seen some of the worst the game has to offer.

> Have you finish the season in 1st place on the skill rating leaderboard? 2th ? 3th ? 1-25 ? Be in plat - nowadays is not result.

> As for me the better get fun wiht casual build in silver when play from gold into high plat and feel bad.

>

> >There is still fun to be had for some people,

> yes, it is fun

>

> >but I and many others have grown tired of the same old problems not being addressed.

> the root wrong way think that is your don't like something that this is problem. If the water is wet this is not old problem. That work as should.

>

> > Over the years I have hoped the game would change to be more competitive with less power creep, but each xpac has done the opposite.

> make what hope is wrong way. Why you have that hope is unthinkable for me. The water is wet and this is ok.

>

Its fine to have differing opinions on pvp. However there are a lot of valid arguments about how pvp is flawed, and I tend to agree with them.

> Its fine to have differing opinions on pvp. However there are a lot of valid arguments about how pvp is flawed, and I tend to agree with them.

if some people wait something and it not happen, it not mean always than something wrong. It can be that only that prediction is wrong. And no matter how much people is wait that.

> what is start point? What you wait from spvp ? do you need solid team, non afk teammates, non toxic party chat ? so you missclked on button.

> Please , don't join ranked for that. It it NOT for you.

I doing pvp in guild wars 2 about 4 yrs belive me, bots,toxic players and afk are less problem for me :)

> People who want just play pvp, don't worry about chat,or fail from teammate, or afk members or etc, who know what all depend only from themself - ranked is perfect choose.

My point was buggs during match or weird dc'ed not because internet problem.

> Don't want tournaments? OR till tournament 2h waiting ? And anyway have 5 team members ? so welcome on unranked.

If i want i just stop do pvp and start do something diffrent but ty for remind me to not do unranked ;)