Roamers - post up your best take down

Blockhead Magee.3092

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

>

> I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

>

> So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

>

> Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

>

> No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the very few moments when necro shines at roaming:

I was chased by two players and jumped off a cliff and switched to shroud (which increases the distance you can fall without dying). I landed and survived. These two guys jumped after me and died right left and right next to me.

Priceless and literally a take"down"!

> @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

> >

> > I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

> >

> > So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

> >

> > Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

> >

> > No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

>

> It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

Thing is that its still possible...ever hear of prosthetics? Someone can be given them (ie a leg one in this case) and it then becomes possible if they practice and learn so your comment is null and void. .....2/10

> @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

> >

> > I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

> >

> > So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

> >

> > Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

> >

> > No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

>

> It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

Umm, no not really.

In WvW everyone has access to the same resources as the next. Its an even playing field. If you choose to come into WvW unprepared, that's not our fault and we shouldn't be blamed for taking advantage of it.

Not to mention, killing someone in a PvP gamemode is not considered bullying by any stretch of the imagination like Jumpin Lumpix seems to think.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

> > >

> > > I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

> > >

> > > So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

> > >

> > > Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

> > >

> > > No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

> >

> > It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

>

> Umm, no not really.

>

> In WvW everyone has access to the same resources as the next. Its an even playing field. If you choose to come into WvW unprepared, that's not our fault and we shouldn't be blamed for taking advantage of it.

>

> Not to mention, killing someone in a PvP gamemode is not considered bullying by any stretch of the imagination like Jumpin Lumpix seems to think.

Yah fighting people in greens who have the wrong specs for 1v1 is definitely a fair fight and not bullying at all.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

> > > >

> > > > I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

> > > >

> > > > So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

> > > >

> > > > Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

> > > >

> > > > No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

> > >

> > > It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

> >

> > Umm, no not really.

> >

> > In WvW everyone has access to the same resources as the next. Its an even playing field. If you choose to come into WvW unprepared, that's not our fault and we shouldn't be blamed for taking advantage of it.

> >

> > Not to mention, killing someone in a PvP gamemode is not considered bullying by any stretch of the imagination like Jumpin Lumpix seems to think.

>

> Yah fighting people in greens who have the wrong specs for 1v1 is definitely a fair fight and not bullying at all.

Its their fault for fighting in greens in the first place. It's not the fault of the other person. How would they know they are in greens? How do you YOU know they are in greens?

Its not bullying. Its a competitive gamemode where the goal is to kill other players. So, killing other players isn't bullying and it is a fair fight.

**Can we get a Dev to explain to this person that killing someone in WvW isn't bullying? This is going to lead to a lot of false reports for no reason.**

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

> > > > >

> > > > > I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

> > > > >

> > > > > So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

> > > > >

> > > > > Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

> > > >

> > > > It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

> > >

> > > Umm, no not really.

> > >

> > > In WvW everyone has access to the same resources as the next. Its an even playing field. If you choose to come into WvW unprepared, that's not our fault and we shouldn't be blamed for taking advantage of it.

> > >

> > > Not to mention, killing someone in a PvP gamemode is not considered bullying by any stretch of the imagination like Jumpin Lumpix seems to think.

> >

> > Yah fighting people in greens who have the wrong specs for 1v1 is definitely a fair fight and not bullying at all.

>

> Its their fault for fighting in greens in the first place. It's not the fault of the other person. How would they know they are in greens? How do you YOU know they are in greens?

>

> Its not bullying. Its a competitive gamemode where the goal is to kill other players. So, killing other players isn't bullying and it is a fair fight.

>

> **Can we get a Dev to explain to this person that killing someone in WvW isn't bullying? This is going to lead to a lot of false reports for no reason.**

It won't lead to false reports. He knows it's not bullying. Some people post here hoping something will goad another into an infraction, or other behavior. It's best to ignore this person. Engaging him isn't helpful.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... **GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's kitten PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's little bit same thing if Usain Bolt go run in paralympics. Other runners could just learn to run faster no matter if they missing a leg because it's kitten sport.

> > > >

> > > > Umm, no not really.

> > > >

> > > > In WvW everyone has access to the same resources as the next. Its an even playing field. If you choose to come into WvW unprepared, that's not our fault and we shouldn't be blamed for taking advantage of it.

> > > >

> > > > Not to mention, killing someone in a PvP gamemode is not considered bullying by any stretch of the imagination like Jumpin Lumpix seems to think.

> > >

> > > Yah fighting people in greens who have the wrong specs for 1v1 is definitely a fair fight and not bullying at all.

> >

> > Its their fault for fighting in greens in the first place. It's not the fault of the other person. How would they know they are in greens? How do you YOU know they are in greens?

> >

> > Its not bullying. Its a competitive gamemode where the goal is to kill other players. So, killing other players isn't bullying and it is a fair fight.

> >

> > **Can we get a Dev to explain to this person that killing someone in WvW isn't bullying? This is going to lead to a lot of false reports for no reason.**

>

> It won't lead to false reports. He knows it's not bullying. Some people post here hoping something will goad another into an infraction, or other behavior. It's best to ignore this person. Engaging him isn't helpful.

I wish there was a block function on the forums. Reading this person's posts is absolutely ridiculous.

Love reading this topic and watching the videos! keep them coming folk! :D

Think this is the best recording I have, when HoT were in beta weekends and people had no idea what they were doing! But there were a lot of roaming Berzerker warrior cause that Rifle zerker mode brust skill were totally overtunes! So I packed some reflects and had a blast

My most memorable take down was when me and a guildy got stuck at Foghaven mill on our home bl with 8-9 invaders, they we're decent so we thought, lets charge in and take a few with us. needless to say the fight went on for about 5-10 minutes and it was epic, we managed to win, even after we went down and had to stomp enemies to get each other up. by far the best fight i've ever had in gw2 fun wise, at the end we both were just like "wow, that actually worked, we did it..."

Was on my power Rev when I came across a Spellbreaker in full legendary. After a minute into kiting his FC's I started to wonder if unblockables went through his FC. So, procing unblockable trait off end channel if his shield. (He always hit FC after shield) I SotM into his FC and stopped it lol. Eventually he died to the equilibrium SotM +s2 /as burst (after 5 mins of fighting).

Learned a new trick that day. So was a nice take down

> @"Tru Reptile.6058" said:

> I think any of the best takedowns, for me, is when some random thief interferes whilst I'm fighting and dies due to collateral damage. It's always a thief.

Lol. Playing thief for the last couple of months (and trying though not well on a power thief) I feel the pain. I have to laugh when it happens to me. :)

Around 3 years ago there was some zerg fighting at NET in our BL and we were defending. Went from spawn to where the friendly zerg was and saw this thief almost insta-kill some ele who just spawned a frost bow. As the thief was literally midair with his finisher I froze him and rezzed the ele then got a one hit eviscerate right before it ended. Don't know why but that moment was just more fun than any of the outnumbered fights I had, probably because it was so memorable and funny.