Lack of diversity of ascended foods

Ynnno.3251

Hello,

I know that make more than one year than the chef crafting discipline is able to reach lv500 but i haven't looked onto ascended foods until now. I have figured out that one of the food that i use which is condi damage +100/precision+70 (Bowl of Truffle Risotto) didnt exist in ascended version(there is some options such as condi/expertise but im not interessted into that).

So i have done some research and i saw that so many stat combination didnt exist in ascended and nobody ask for it; few example but their is much more:

- (Toughness 100/Condi damage 70 Bowl of Tropical Mousse)

- (Power 100/Toughness 70 Spicy Marinated Mushroom)

- (Toughness 100/Power 70 Plate of Spicy Herbed Chicken)

- (Power 100/Condi damage+70 Plate of Fire Flank Steak).

Is their a plan in the future to bring all stat combination that are existing onto normal food to ascended food?

Why do the devs choose some combinations but not some other is it purely arbitrary?

Yeah i understand the fact that some player would like to go for legendary food i mean why not, but that not the question, in fact every single ascended feast exist in a non-ascended feast, so why the devs have choosen some of the stat combination to go to ascended and why not all the combination ALREADY EXISTING into standart version.

I don't think it'll break the limit in fact the ascended feast just add a defensive stat (and some experience and magic find(on that point i understand that magic food wont go to ascended because it'll reach even more magic find)).

For many food already existing on standart version but not on ascended version i can't find a good reason on why they didnt exist in ascended, except that the devs have choose arbitrary. If its for a balance reason that seem a bit odd in my opinion because it didnt target any class but all class. That lead to a lost of diversity onto the ascended food.

For a second then I thought you were going to go off on a, 'The game needs more Asian food, Polish food and American food in it'

Food in all games to me has always been an optional thing to use that you never want to use due to the faff of opening bags, finding the food, clicking it and then keeping an eye on the timer.

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > An endurance regen. option on ascended food woulda been nice.

>

> - 10% dmgtaken/-20% incomming condition duration reduced

> - +40% endurance regen

> - -might on dodge

>

> would be horrible for wvw, where regen food allready beats all other food

maybe if I had 2 dodges Id agree. Playing Mirage I feel like endurance food is less useful now than before since I have no extra pool but every other class did get a nice food upgrade. I would agree that endurance food is good for what it does, but I personally dont use it anymore. I prefer the ascended food. Maybe on DD I would prefer the endurance food still.

Also who said new ascended food recipes would have to include recipes with every prefix, maybe endurance regeneration could be a prefix stat like -10% damage etc. So it would end up being endurance + some stats. Try thinking a little outside that tiny box.

I think its a problem that the game is still in developement as Dark Red Killian say. I hope most of the existing stat combination will become available in ascended. I really want the condi precision one on my firebrand to proc fire on crit (BiS food for me in terms of dps).

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > An endurance regen. option on ascended food woulda been nice.

> >

> > - 10% dmgtaken/-20% incomming condition duration reduced

> > - +40% endurance regen

> > - -might on dodge

> >

> > would be horrible for wvw, where regen food allready beats all other food

>

> maybe if I had 2 dodges Id agree. Playing Mirage I feel like endurance food is less useful now than before since I have no extra pool but every other class did get a nice food upgrade. I would agree that endurance food is good for what it does, but I personally dont use it anymore. I prefer the ascended food. Maybe on DD I would prefer the endurance food still.

>

> Also who said new ascended food recipes would have to include recipes with every prefix, maybe endurance regeneration could be a prefix stat like -10% damage etc. So it would end up being endurance + some stats. Try thinking a little outside that tiny box.

maybe you need to think it out better.

if the food was:

+X% endurenance regenaryion

+100 expertise

+ 70 condi damage

that would be extremely busted for pve, where the good mirages allready go 38-40k dps on certain bosses (cairn for example) and +- 32-35k on the others like soulless horror

making the best in slot even better in slot? lets not. the speedclear and semi-hardcore meta is allready very monotome with stacking the same class 7 times. let's not push things even further in that direction

i don't even wanna do some quick napkin math to find out how much theoretical dps mirage (and daredevil) could get with more ambushes/bound uptime

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > > An endurance regen. option on ascended food woulda been nice.

> > >

> > > - 10% dmgtaken/-20% incomming condition duration reduced

> > > - +40% endurance regen

> > > - -might on dodge

> > >

> > > would be horrible for wvw, where regen food allready beats all other food

> >

> > maybe if I had 2 dodges Id agree. Playing Mirage I feel like endurance food is less useful now than before since I have no extra pool but every other class did get a nice food upgrade. I would agree that endurance food is good for what it does, but I personally dont use it anymore. I prefer the ascended food. Maybe on DD I would prefer the endurance food still.

> >

> > Also who said new ascended food recipes would have to include recipes with every prefix, maybe endurance regeneration could be a prefix stat like -10% damage etc. So it would end up being endurance + some stats. Try thinking a little outside that tiny box.

>

> maybe you need to think it out better.

>

> if the food was:

> +X% endurenance regenaryion

> +100 expertise

> + 70 condi damage

>

> that would be extremely busted for pve, where the good mirages allready go 38-40k dps on certain bosses (cairn for example) and +- 32-35k on the others like soulless horror

>

> making the best in slot even better in slot? lets not. the speedclear and semi-hardcore meta is allready very monotome with stacking the same class 7 times. let's not push things even further in that direction

>

> i don't even wanna do some quick napkin math to find out how much theoretical dps mirage (and daredevil) could get with more ambushes/bound uptime

>

How about 40% duration, might on dodge and the bonus/boost stats ONLY?? So that like, people could use endurance food AND get the XP, WXP, MF Bonus with NO EXTRA STATS? It would be an improvement. I think, in general, Ascended foods missing stat combinsations (including endurance) should all be filled so that every food stat combo people want/use would also gain the Boosts to XP, MF, Karka, etc. It wouldnt be unbalanced at all. It would just let people choose to make ascended level food for the builds they use that is correct food. Another line of food could be made with no prefix and maybe less cost since they would be less beneficial in general.

To be clear I don't expect ANY of the the suggestions on this thread to ever go anyplace. This is a thread to talk about lack of diversity in ascended foods. This is an obvious area that Ascended food is 100% lacking so I mentioned it. You and others may just like to find ways to say no. This thread is nothing but a suggestion box.