Regeneration (suggestion)

Jski.6180

Regeneration is a boon that grants healing over time. It stacks in duration. The boon with the highest healing contribution is used before other lower healing power applications. Only healing power affects boon prioritization; healing modifiers do not. Regeneration is affected by healing power and the caster's effective level, following this formula:

(5 + (1.5625 * Effective Level)) + (0.125 * Healing Power) health per second

At level 80 this simplifies to:

130 + (0.125 * Healing Power) health per second

So reg dose not get effected by out going healing or reg + effect when it comes to whom gets the tick. At the same time a weaker reg vs a few set of reg skill that apply stronger version will be coved over by the last reg applied in a way you can cover over an +3 reg with a +1 reg losing out on a lot of healing. This makes reg a weaker boon then it should in fact it maybe the weakest boon in the game as its both never going to have the highest tick effect AND a 200-400 ish hp tick dose not effect the major part of battle much like a protection or even a swiftness will.

I suggest making regeneration apply barrier per tick NOT healing. This will let the boon of reg have a big part of a fight it will also remove the use of out going healing not working right with it and making it a pure healing power effect. This will also make healing skill the only main healing effect in the game there by making healing harder to come by over all.

This would mean reg will do less per tick (out going healing no longer effected it) but it would also add more to it effect in combat (being able to have an effect before you take dmg).

Regen should benefit from more healing modifiers imo.. not just Rune of Dwayna.

Rune of the Monk and Sigils of Transference and Benevolence should also buff the healing of Regen.

Same applies to food items that buff healing effectiveness as well.. regen should be able to benefit from all of it.

I suggest two things:

1) Make regen take account of all healing modifiers, incoming and outgoing.

2) Make regen ticking on a char with max health grant barrier; this can be the same value as the regen, or a percentage of it.

i'd be cautious of regen granting barrier as that could be OP in competitive modes.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> I suggest two things:

>

> 1) Make regen take account of all healing modifiers, incoming and outgoing.

> 2) Make regen ticking on a char with max health grant barrier; this can be the same value as the regen, or a percentage of it.

>

> i'd be cautious of regen granting barrier as that could be OP in competitive modes.

It dose get effected by out going healing but the ticks them self of whom gets the effects is base off of purly healing power even the rune set dose not take pritoly over higher healing power. I do not see anet fixing this any time soon and i would suggest it would make regen too strong of an effect so the space for ppl to block there own team mates from better overall healing out put is a very bad means of balancing the skill but keeps it from become much too strong.

By making it barrier all of the time reg will only give you temp hp. Look at it like this nearly every boon in the game is a before effect where they drop dmg stop a cc or add to an attk.

As for barrier being op think of protection as 33% dmg taken barrier, resistances as 100% condi dmg barrier, Block of any type as 100% barrier, and stab as 100 cc barrier (bit of a out there ideal) but there are effects that give you hidden hp already you just cant see it at least barrier gives you a thing you can see.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> I don't see why this change is needed at all.

Because it dose not work with other effects right even the rune set dose not work right with it? You in effect can weekend your own team healing out put by a lot if you do not build just right in healing power and some classes simply have higher healing power then other classes. Its a lot of healing lost.

That and i do not have faith in anet programing to fix it so the best way to "fix" reg is to make it a pure healing power effect and that IS barrier not healing. Just simply how the game works.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > I don't see why this change is needed at all.

>

> Because it dose not work with other effects right even the rune set dose not work right with it? You in effect can weekend your own team healing out put by a lot if you do not build just right in healing power and some classes simply have higher healing power then other classes. Its a lot of healing lost.

>

> That and i do not have faith in anet programing to fix it so the best way to "fix" reg is to make it a pure healing power effect and that IS barrier not healing. Just simply how the game works.

I'm not sure why you've decided anet wants it to work with *whatever effect*, but somehow aren't able to do it. For all we know it's a concious choice of that effect not working with specific healing improvements, so I still don't understand why this is a change we need.

Also due to this, you probably should drop the "fix" word in this context until you prove it's actually broken/bugged/unintended.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > I don't see why this change is needed at all.

> >

> > Because it dose not work with other effects right even the rune set dose not work right with it? You in effect can weekend your own team healing out put by a lot if you do not build just right in healing power and some classes simply have higher healing power then other classes. Its a lot of healing lost.

> >

> > That and i do not have faith in anet programing to fix it so the best way to "fix" reg is to make it a pure healing power effect and that IS barrier not healing. Just simply how the game works.

>

> I'm not sure why you've decided anet wants it to work with *whatever effect*, but somehow aren't able to do it. For all we know it's a concious choice of that effect not working with specific healing improvements, so I still don't understand why this is a change we need.

> Also due to this, you could drop the "fix" word in this context until you prove it's actually broken/bugged/unintended.

Out going healing and reg +20% runes DO effect reg but they do not work if some one else apply reg to the same ppl with higher healing power. In a way you block your own teams healing effects. The main example of this is Scraper with its +250 healing power and its 1 sec regs for condi clears comply negating a +3 reg from ele healing rain becuse scraper has higher healing power at any given time then ele.

Another example the worst one is stepping over your own reg where your last reg effect applied triggers first before a stronger reg effect a kind of super speed or stun/hard cc like effect but with stronger version and much more often.

Its outdated and a this point it IS a Broken/bugged/unintenced effect or it would not effect reg in the first places. Or anet likes to troll healers a lot by adding in a rune set that effects only reg healing effect but not the priority of the tick heal.

Well, this thread seems awfully familiar.

Like I said in the last one: though it is theoretically possible to have a healer with lower overall healing modifiers overwrite the regeneration of a healer with higher healing modifiers, in practice this isn't going to happen much. The only people who build up enough healing power to compete in regen priority with a dedicated healer is... another dedicated healer. In any practical sense, you're going to be comparing the regen output of a 1300 heal build with 180% modifiers to a 1250 heal build with 190% modifiers. Yes, there is a difference, but the overall impact in gameplay is negligible.

Your idea to change regen into granting barrier.... doesn't solve much. For one, it will make regen about half as effective overall. Dedicated healing builds can get regen between 500 to 600 per tick, which is quite substantial. I.E. regen from my heal tempest build ticks at 549 per second, but 285 without modifiers. Second, Barrier only lasts for 5 seconds. This changes the problem of suppressed regeneration stacks from an odd fluke to a baked-in feature. Continuously applied regeneration will still override the weaker regeneration. This also makes regen overall weaker, because now its effect isn't permanent.

Your suggestion would fix nothing at all.

EDIT: Also, I think you still misunderstand how regeneration works. New sources of regen don't "negate" old ones. They just take priority. For your scrapper example, if the scrapper applies 1 second of regen with 250 healing power, that will tick for one second, then immediately after the ele's regen will begin ticking away. The only time that a regeneration boon can be suppressed is if you apply enough individual stacks of regen to exceed the boon stacking limit. Again, while this is theoretically possible, in any practical sense you won't see this happen.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> Well, this thread seems awfully familiar.

>

> Like I said in the last one: though it is theoretically possible to have a healer with lower overall healing modifiers overwrite the regeneration of a healer with higher healing modifiers, in practice this isn't going to happen much. The only people who build up enough healing power to compete in regen priority with a dedicated healer is... another dedicated healer. In any practical sense, you're going to be comparing the regen output of a 1300 heal build with 180% modifiers to a 1250 heal build with 190% modifiers. Yes, there is a difference, but the overall impact in gameplay is negligible.

>

> Your idea to change regen into granting barrier.... doesn't solve much. For one, it will make regen about half as effective overall. Dedicated healing builds can get regen between 500 to 600 per tick, which is quite substantial. I.E. regen from my heal tempest build ticks at 549 per second, but 285 without modifiers. Second, Barrier only lasts for 5 seconds. This changes the problem of suppressed regeneration stacks from an odd fluke to a baked-in feature. Continuously applied regeneration will still override the weaker regeneration. This also makes regen overall weaker, because now its effect isn't permanent.

>

> Your suggestion would fix nothing at all.

>

> EDIT: Also, I think you still misunderstand how regeneration works. New sources of regen don't "negate" old ones. They just take priority. For your scrapper example, if the scrapper applies 1 second of regen with 250 healing power, that will tick for one second, then immediately after the ele's regen will begin ticking away. The only time that a regeneration boon can be suppressed is if you apply enough individual stacks of regen to exceed the boon stacking limit. Again, while this is theoretically possible, in any practical sense you won't see this happen.

You seem to not understand you have more then one way to stack up healing though out going healing where your less tankly as a support but your heals to others are stronger and the healing power set up where your heals are not as strong but your ability to self heal and out put barrier is stronger. Scraper 1 sec reg that apply ever condi they clear often caps out the reg duration eating up all of the ticks. Scraper or realy eng simply has a higher healing base because of passive healing power + this means the eng reg will always hit a group over an healer whom is going all in for support healing and not the tankly support.

As for fixing reg it self this gives anet an easy out to fixing this massive outdated effect that never was balanced for out going healing. It also gives reg an effect out side of only reacting to a hit but letting ppl all have the ability to put up some type of def for an incoming hit making the over all combat more active.