Can I apply expansions to a veteran account?

GW2 used to buy to play as you may already know, I purchased this game in that period, so can I apply the product code for two expansions to that account? or the expansion codes are only for new accounts? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I burned alot in world of warcraft due to this reason. Certain product codes can apply to certain accounts? is this valid for GW2 too?

(it seems I finally found a seller)

thank you

There's no such thing as a veteran account - it's just that incoming players no longer pay to start the core game. Accounts have whatever you add to them. If you have a code for Path of Fire, it auto unlocks Heart of Thorns now. If you already own Heart of Thorns, well then you just get Path of Fire

Just make sure the seller is an authorised Anet retailer. If the code you get does not come from an authorised retailer, it can cause issues for your account later

Yes you can apply it to an existing account.

When you get the product code log into your account on the main GW2 website using the same username and password you use to log into the game. You'll be taken to a page showing some basic info on your account and what version of the game you already have. On the right is a big red button saying 'redeem a code'. Click that, copy and paste the product code into it and click submit. That will add the expansion/s to your existing account.