Why sPvP ranking is so bad?

Ragazm.6018

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> Sadly I doubt many will read or understand the mechanics of glicko or why it's actually pretty decent with a good population.

You know what really sad!?

That there is people who instead of enjoying playing game, try to "game" algorithm.

Why people keep posting about Glicko? I do not care about underlying algorithms, also i do not understand why anybody should.

Game instead of bringing competitive joy brings frustration and misunderstandings, that's is problem, not algorithm.

My personal gripe with the Matchmaker is that it gives me shitty unenjoyable games, for some reason it threats me like im the king monkey and i am equal to 4 monkeys, so i get at least 2 to 3 monkeys in my team, just because I played the game for a long time . The game expects me to solo the match and win alone, all the while the game is clearly made to not be able to do so.

> @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > @"Ragazm.6018" said:

> > Basically i got lose strikes where i got -16 -15 and then i got "win" strikes where i got +12 +13.

> Yea, so your rating is higher than your/the opponent's team average. Don't see the problem with the numbers. The low population just forces the MM to match guys together with too much deviation. It's garbage but we can't change it... Gaining +0 when winning is actually a thing btw.

This. MMR algorithms are weighed with gains/losses based on your opponents' likelihood of winning based on a collective history of who beat who. If you lost to people you're expected to lose against (they consistently beat people who you lost to previously for example), then you will lose less for losing to them, because it means you're performing exactly as expected. In VERY big games with a ton of games played, this can even result in -0/+0 losses/gains if the game thinks you're exactly where you're supposed to be with a near-perfect assumption.

However, if you beat them, you also gain more because the algorithm is now adjusting for your play being better than theirs despite you being predicted to lose. When you start, you usually have big gains because the system makes the assumption you're new, not very good, and volatile. So the more people play and the closer the matchup, the less you gain.

What's happening to the OP is the system thinks they're better than they are, so they gain less for winning and lose more for losing. At the perfect mark, this will even out to 0 on win/loss, however the sPvP community is quite small where these numbers can fluctuate on the daily.