burn op

tenklo.6104

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> yes, nerf all burning.

> mesmer and ranger torch OP, definitely not an issue with specific burns, they all OP

There are global burning nerfs you could do which would affect some classes but not others. You can put a cd on burning stacks, for example. What's broken is certain class abilities able to achieve 15+ burning stacks in a matter of seconds.

To be honest, though, all of sPvP needs a re-work. The meta as is does not reward high skill as much as it does playing certain classes. It would be nice to reward good utilization of skills & map awareness/rotation more vs. just being able to output damage quickly or absorb a shitload of it. Reflects are a great example of well balanced skills. Use them wisely and you can do a lot of damage to your opponent while protecting yourself. Use them poorly and you've opened yourself up for a large attack.

> @"Majy.6792" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > yes, nerf all burning.

> > mesmer and ranger torch OP, definitely not an issue with specific burns, they all OP

>

> There are global burning nerfs you could do which would affect some classes but not others. You can put a cd on burning stacks, for example. What's broken is certain class abilities able to achieve 15+ burning stacks in a matter of seconds.

>

So globally nerf burns by nerfing the classes its "OP" on? Wut?

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Majy.6792" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > yes, nerf all burning.

> > > mesmer and ranger torch OP, definitely not an issue with specific burns, they all OP

> >

> > There are global burning nerfs you could do which would affect some classes but not others. You can put a cd on burning stacks, for example. What's broken is certain class abilities able to achieve 15+ burning stacks in a matter of seconds.

> >

>

> So globally nerf burns by nerfing the classes its "OP" on? Wut?

>

I mean, you literally have some classes where they physically can't stack burning because Anet has made sure they can not, and others where they can freely stack burns, and those classes are now unbalanced because of that. So does that seem so crazy to just make it so the rules for burning are the same across all classes?

Frequently who can spam so much burn can do it using a lot of skills, wich make them vulnerable and they're damage poor if you clean the burn stacks or have resistance. An example is the Guardian: you can spam your skills and inflict more than 18 stacks of burn, but if the enemy clean it or have reaistance you lose almost all your dps for a lot of time.

Burn is strong, but is (frequently) a conditions hard to stack or can't be spammed all the time like a lot of other conditions.

In 1v1 you can control the enemy stacks using clean skills and fighting the enemy wisely.

In a 3v3-4v4, if you have a single class that spam clean (elementalist, for example), you can ignore the burn damage at all because it can be removed easy spamming heals.

The classes and builds able to spam it can't inflict so much using other conditions or have different cooldown to keep an eye on, also using a lot of skills, making them weaker in defence or damage if you survive the "burn burst", fighting easy against them if you use your skills wisely.

Burn is really strong, but you can counter it easy timing your skills

All in all burn guard is very OP in lower ranks, in higher ranks people know better how to disengage / cleanse if they see the burn coming. Its really just dependent if ANet is balancing for tournament setups where supports are common -or- randomness of ranked pvp queue where you likely won't have a support.

I don't have much issue with burn guards unless I mess up using ranger or reaper. I foresee some tuning to burn coming, but I hope its not some over the top nerf.

> @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> All in all burn guard is very OP in lower ranks, in higher ranks people know better how to disengage / cleanse if they see the burn coming. Its really just dependent if ANet is balancing for tournament setups where supports are common -or- randomness of ranked pvp queue where you likely won't have a support.

>

> I don't have much issue with burn guards unless I mess up using ranger or reaper. I foresee some tuning to burn coming, but I hope its not some over the top nerf.

>

Ranger literally counters burn guard, so...

> @"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:

> > @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > All in all burn guard is very OP in lower ranks, in higher ranks people know better how to disengage / cleanse if they see the burn coming. Its really just dependent if ANet is balancing for tournament setups where supports are common -or- randomness of ranked pvp queue where you likely won't have a support.

> >

> > I don't have much issue with burn guards unless I mess up using ranger or reaper. I foresee some tuning to burn coming, but I hope its not some over the top nerf.

> >

>

> Ranger literally counters burn guard, so...

I see you chose to ignore reaper, I've even beat them on mirage, but your missing the point anyway. That was just an example, any class can beat a burn guard if played well. Burn guards are one trick ponies though they do that trick very well. Burn guards rely on your condi cleanse being on cooldown, CC locking you, or you not knowing how to disengage. Sometimes in PvP its better to disengage and +1 a different point if you know you can't win that fight.

Burn guard is countered by other classes, just like any other class has its counters. Its burning can be ridiculous and is over tuned, but far from over powered. I imagine it will be nerfed, just hope its not to the ground.

> @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > @"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:

> > > @"LuRkEr.9462" said:

> > > All in all burn guard is very OP in lower ranks, in higher ranks people know better how to disengage / cleanse if they see the burn coming. Its really just dependent if ANet is balancing for tournament setups where supports are common -or- randomness of ranked pvp queue where you likely won't have a support.

> > >

> > > I don't have much issue with burn guards unless I mess up using ranger or reaper. I foresee some tuning to burn coming, but I hope its not some over the top nerf.

> > >

> >

> > Ranger literally counters burn guard, so...

>

> I see you chose to ignore reaper, but your missing the point anyway. That was just an example, any class can beat a burn guard if played well. Burn guards are one trick ponies though they do that trick very well. Burn guards rely on your condi cleanse being on cooldown or you not knowing how to disengage. Sometimes in PvP its better to disengage and +1 a different point if you know you can't win that fight.

>

> Burn guard is countered by other classes, just like any other class has its counters. Its burning can be ridiculous and is over tuned, but far from over powered.

Í wouldn't call guardian's burn access ridiculous or overtuned when it's tied to a specific bunch of telegraphed skills that can be dodged, blocked and even reflected. Burn guard doesn't rely on your cleanse being on cooldown as much as it relies on you blowing it too early due to being scared kittenless. The build is an extremely good example of a pure-class newbie stomper that falls off harder the higher you go. Due to lack of cover condis you're forced to sacrifice utility sigils to retain pressure-able firepower. This is particularly noticeable when you're facing more than 1 person at a time.

Personally, I use greatsword in some matchups so I can disengage and whittle the opponent down from range when necessary, as well as unload my melee burst faster.