GvG open world war

Zoid.2568

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> Zoid it's been discussed and rejected. Use the search please. !!!!!!!!! It's just a bad idea for this game. BTW , (IMHO), players that keep revisiting this idea could easily play a game that supports it and stop asking for something that Anet (and from what I have read most plyers) have said NO to.

It's a bad idea for any game where PvP isn't the main focus.

I'd suggest to the OP some games where it's already there, but i don't know any. From my understandin, korean game developers love and support gank squads, so go look into one of those. Oh, i almost forgot. In those games, the pre-established gank squads would gank the OP, and that isn't fun. HAH!

Also, it's just normal game play in those games, not some random ranked crap to get rewards, which is the main point, as the OP knows most people are not interested.

> @"Zoid.2568" said:

> Like it works in WoW but instead of your character the whole guild is at war and you gain bonus xp, gold and karma while its active.

> @"Zoid.2568" said:

> Open world pvp is optional though. You need to be in war mode.

How do these two work together? If the guild is in war mode and I don't want to be in war mode, it's no longer optional.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > Like it works in WoW but instead of your character the whole guild is at war and you gain bonus xp, gold and karma while its active.

>

> > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > Open world pvp is optional though. You need to be in war mode.

>

> How do these two work together? If the guild is in war mode and I don't want to be in war mode, it's no longer optional.

I guess you being in that guild would be considered optional. Still doesn't make it any better of an idea.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > > Like it works in WoW but instead of your character the whole guild is at war and you gain bonus xp, gold and karma while its active.

> >

> > > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > > Open world pvp is optional though. You need to be in war mode.

> >

> > How do these two work together? If the guild is in war mode and I don't want to be in war mode, it's no longer optional.

> I guess you being in that guild would be considered optional. Still doesn't make it any better of an idea.

there has to be a way to opt out otherwise it will never be "optional".

like say you'll only flag for pvp/war if you're representing a guild when it's in war mode. if you don't rep, then you're no longer flagged for pvp and cannot be attacked in the open world.

still, OP should just wait for alliances whenever that would be