Aftercast? can someone please explain what exactly is wrong with ele in SPVP?

Axl.8924

I heard a issue is a aftercast, but seems kinda weird.

I always thought it was because a lot of best stuff for ele is melee range with some stuff with cast time some channels and cds on changing elements.

What am i missing?

I was talking to arheundel and what i know is what works for pve might not work for SPVP because of how enemies work. Goin in with D/D which yeah its fun isn't going to get same results in SPVP.

Aftercast is something which is part of the attack animation, but cannot be stowed or anything. It basically prevents the next attack to follow up.

Ele doesn't really have bad aftercasts though... more like bad animations, at least on sword weaver. :tongue: Haven't played staff in ages, but in the back of my mind, that was horrible...

€: Not sure how the precise definition is, but sword fire 2 could be counted as a terribly long aftercast, because it is not stowable.^^

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> Unclear. Are you specifically asking about d/d core builds in pvp? If not, condi sword/focus is a meta side node build and tempest is still great for team heals and support. However, core ele doesn't usually hit the meta radar.

>

> On aftercast that would be skill specific, so what are we talking about?

Arheundel was talking mainly about weaver, which i'l admit i have no experience with playing since i don't have pof.

For core ele in pvp you typically build power d/x or hybrid d/x. For power builds apart from their burning speed burst and maybe firegrab/churning earth they cant pressure enemies. Power builds relied heavily on air auto attacks to apply pressure. Damage nerfs hurt the ability to do so. Hybrid is a better choice since condis can take over the role of pressure damage. In terms of casting animations in pvp staff is the biggest offender. with things like dragon tooth in scepter also having a delay in damage. Typically the skills do more damage but have obvious tells to compensate. As it should be. Alot of older weapons are stuck being part of vanilla gameplay. Staff and scepter are good in pve where the enemy doesnt dodge roll or move out of damage as often.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> For core ele in pvp you typically build power d/x or hybrid d/x. For power builds apart from their burning speed burst and maybe firegrab/churning earth they cant pressure enemies. Power builds relied heavily on air auto attacks to apply pressure. Damage nerfs hurt the ability to do so. Hybrid is a better choice since condis can take over the role of pressure damage. In terms of casting animations in pvp staff is the biggest offender. with things like dragon tooth in scepter also having a delay in damage. Typically the skills do more damage but have obvious tells to compensate. As it should be. Alot of older weapons are stuck being part of vanilla gameplay. Staff and scepter are good in pve where the enemy doesnt dodge roll or move out of damage as often.

Why did they nerf power? i know weaver used to be good at killing but i don't remember seeing that many core eles being a problem. and should the aftercast on lightning whip be changed?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > For core ele in pvp you typically build power d/x or hybrid d/x. For power builds apart from their burning speed burst and maybe firegrab/churning earth they cant pressure enemies. Power builds relied heavily on air auto attacks to apply pressure. Damage nerfs hurt the ability to do so. Hybrid is a better choice since condis can take over the role of pressure damage. In terms of casting animations in pvp staff is the biggest offender. with things like dragon tooth in scepter also having a delay in damage. Typically the skills do more damage but have obvious tells to compensate. As it should be. Alot of older weapons are stuck being part of vanilla gameplay. Staff and scepter are good in pve where the enemy doesnt dodge roll or move out of damage as often.

>

> Why did they nerf power? i know weaver used to be good at killing but i don't remember seeing that many core eles being a problem. and should the aftercast on lightning whip be changed?

In Feb of 2020 they nerfed all damage 25% air autos dont do enough damage or you are too glassy to trade blows while auto attacking. The attack hits twice with a small aftercast. Its fine how it is.

Power weaver is a solid option if you do lightning rod. Power core d/d is possible if you have experience, but frustrating if you havent mastered the profession.

The damage core needs exists with berserker amulet, but there is no active mechanics to deal with staying alive.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZw4YesNGKOSTVLNA-z5YXGRWAZmAGPA

This is my recommendation for core ele. Can run balthazar rune too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZw4YesNGKWSTVLNA-zZJsMisAyMBMZA

For power core i run this. Swapping to air before a burst will get you to maurader level damage with the healing power to sustain fights. Dont recommend for new players. Could run marauder if needed.

I have other builds for tempest if interested too