Why can mesmers insta-down people?

EvilSardine.9635

> I’m looking forward to your reply after saying you will end it there.

> @apharma.3741 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > @apharma.3741 said:

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > > We had a new player who recently joined a guild wars 2 competitor's game who said this quote 'we no longer can have a future together, if you do not care about me'

> > > > > > We(former gw2 players) asked the new player, what does she mean by that? She said, she report those players for hacking and using exploits yet anet does nothing. 'Always being instantly killed by invisible players and by clone players'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here is a new player who was to be the potential future of gw2 and how anet prevented her including many potential players from enjoying the game.

> > > > > > (gw2 was her first mmo game)

> > > > > > (gw2 was her first competitive game)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **Someone Needs To Be Held Accountable!!**

> > > > > > And It's Not The Players!

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol. So I am sure you explained what happened.

> > > > >

> > > > > Or did you forgo that opportunity to come in here and vent?

> > > >

> > > > i certainly did speak the truth.

> > > > You see, all it takes for the truth to spread out like wildfire' is for new curious minds to experience it for themselves. This is why for the past many years i kept reminding Anet that new curious minded players will guarantee gw2 end. No amount of money or amount of contents they add in gw2 will prevent gw2 short-coming.

> > > >

> > > > The threat is real and this doesn't only include Anet, but includes many business who fail. **There is a severe price to be payed by taking advantage of your customers and abusing their trust**

> > > >

> > > > **New players experience/ New customers aren't blind by this nor aren't stupid. They pay more attention than you think. They read the forum, watch the video streamings, and the videos.** Once they experience it:: the flames are turned higher and the door of hell is open.

> > > >

> > > > Some will complain about the mistreatment and the unfairness on the forum, and some won't but will pay attention to everything...including silence: which will add more flames to the fire.

> > > >

> > > > It is Anet responsibility to be in touch with their players and to prevent toxic gaming environment from happening. Most importantly, make the game inviting and fun for new players and for present players alike for a future for gw2.

> > > >

> > > > I will end it here,

> > > >

> > > > ' **If You Want To Know

> > > > The Past, Look At Your Present. If You

> > > > Want To Know The

> > > > Future, Look At Your Present** '

> > > >

> > >

> > > If this was honestly the case then the player who you said “she report those players for hacking and using exploits yet anet does nothing. Always being instantly killed by invisible players and by clone players“ **would actually know that this was indeed not hacking or exploiting**

> > >

> > > That doesn’t mean I’m ok with stealth ganks just **that you have completely and utter contradicted yourself**

> > >

> > > I’m looking forward to your reply after saying you will end it there.

> >

> > Let me ask you this question, which class/s has been reported the most for hacking and exploiting ?

> > hint: in gw2 competitor's games, those class/s would be banned.

> >

> > Here is a read: (i will censor name of game, name of player with the profession)

> >

> > player: 'How are you suppose to sneak past what you can’t see, that also has an unknown position?

> > They harm the stealth game part of game because in order to be sneaky (i.e. stealthy) we need to have some idea of what our enemies can see and what they know. I commonly give the example of a stealth game where the guards are all invisible and their position is unknown. How could the player avoid / dodge those guards? They couldn't really, not without repeatedly getting caught or screwing up and endless trial and error. This is basically what we have with profession'

> >

> > "Another player reply to player 'I think you played too much of silly stealth games. change-(what you are asking for) This is not a good gameplay at all"

> >

> > You see. player is complaining how the company restrict stealth and try to make a case about it. Another player answer and say that, what you are looking for is not competitive gameplay.

> >

> > **The goal of a company is to make the game challenging with learning curve for their players, and to restrict abuse unhealthy game play and to prevent toxic environments**

> >

> > **To have fun. to make efforts, to take risks, to make mistakes, to learn, to be rewarded, and to grow**

> > (remove anyone of these, you're game is doomed to fail)

> >

> > -this is what players only ask for and only need-

> >

> > “If you aren’t taking care of your customers, your competitor's will"

> >

> > 'If you show concern about what matters to your customers, you can bet on it, you’ve just acquired a customer for life'

> >

> > 'you have completely and utter contradicted yourself'??

>

> Twist and squirm all you want, you said that new players aren’t blind or stupid, that they look at forums, streams and videos, considering most streamers with commentary would actually say “I stealth here so he doesn’t see me run past”. Considering 2 of the top GW2 streamers over the duration of the game played classes that make use of stealth as a mechanic, one of them even uses clones I find it hard to believe these “not stupid and blind” players failed to register that stealth = cannot be seen and that it is a game mechanic not hacks.

>

> You’re the one who said she was sick of people exploiting, an exploit is something unintended and regardless of my own views on stealth it is fully intended to be able to get a first strike in from stealth if you’re quick or clever about it. It is also fully intended for them not to be seen just as there have been plenty of videos showing thieves stealth camping over the years. Heck ANet can’t fail to have noticed excessive stealth durations as most openings in the WTS was 30s-1m of people stealthing and restealthing.

' **The Only People

Who Are Mad At

You For

Speaking The

Truth Are

Those People

Who Are

Living A Lie.

Keep Speaking The Truth** '

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > I’m looking forward to your reply after saying you will end it there.

>

> > @apharma.3741 said:

> > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > @apharma.3741 said:

> > > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > > > We had a new player who recently joined a guild wars 2 competitor's game who said this quote 'we no longer can have a future together, if you do not care about me'

> > > > > > > We(former gw2 players) asked the new player, what does she mean by that? She said, she report those players for hacking and using exploits yet anet does nothing. 'Always being instantly killed by invisible players and by clone players'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Here is a new player who was to be the potential future of gw2 and how anet prevented her including many potential players from enjoying the game.

> > > > > > > (gw2 was her first mmo game)

> > > > > > > (gw2 was her first competitive game)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Someone Needs To Be Held Accountable!!**

> > > > > > > And It's Not The Players!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol. So I am sure you explained what happened.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or did you forgo that opportunity to come in here and vent?

> > > > >

> > > > > i certainly did speak the truth.

> > > > > You see, all it takes for the truth to spread out like wildfire' is for new curious minds to experience it for themselves. This is why for the past many years i kept reminding Anet that new curious minded players will guarantee gw2 end. No amount of money or amount of contents they add in gw2 will prevent gw2 short-coming.

> > > > >

> > > > > The threat is real and this doesn't only include Anet, but includes many business who fail. **There is a severe price to be payed by taking advantage of your customers and abusing their trust**

> > > > >

> > > > > **New players experience/ New customers aren't blind by this nor aren't stupid. They pay more attention than you think. They read the forum, watch the video streamings, and the videos.** Once they experience it:: the flames are turned higher and the door of hell is open.

> > > > >

> > > > > Some will complain about the mistreatment and the unfairness on the forum, and some won't but will pay attention to everything...including silence: which will add more flames to the fire.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is Anet responsibility to be in touch with their players and to prevent toxic gaming environment from happening. Most importantly, make the game inviting and fun for new players and for present players alike for a future for gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > I will end it here,

> > > > >

> > > > > ' **If You Want To Know

> > > > > The Past, Look At Your Present. If You

> > > > > Want To Know The

> > > > > Future, Look At Your Present** '

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If this was honestly the case then the player who you said “she report those players for hacking and using exploits yet anet does nothing. Always being instantly killed by invisible players and by clone players“ **would actually know that this was indeed not hacking or exploiting**

> > > >

> > > > That doesn’t mean I’m ok with stealth ganks just **that you have completely and utter contradicted yourself**

> > > >

> > > > I’m looking forward to your reply after saying you will end it there.

> > >

> > > Let me ask you this question, which class/s has been reported the most for hacking and exploiting ?

> > > hint: in gw2 competitor's games, those class/s would be banned.

> > >

> > > Here is a read: (i will censor name of game, name of player with the profession)

> > >

> > > player: 'How are you suppose to sneak past what you can’t see, that also has an unknown position?

> > > They harm the stealth game part of game because in order to be sneaky (i.e. stealthy) we need to have some idea of what our enemies can see and what they know. I commonly give the example of a stealth game where the guards are all invisible and their position is unknown. How could the player avoid / dodge those guards? They couldn't really, not without repeatedly getting caught or screwing up and endless trial and error. This is basically what we have with profession'

> > >

> > > "Another player reply to player 'I think you played too much of silly stealth games. change-(what you are asking for) This is not a good gameplay at all"

> > >

> > > You see. player is complaining how the company restrict stealth and try to make a case about it. Another player answer and say that, what you are looking for is not competitive gameplay.

> > >

> > > **The goal of a company is to make the game challenging with learning curve for their players, and to restrict abuse unhealthy game play and to prevent toxic environments**

> > >

> > > **To have fun. to make efforts, to take risks, to make mistakes, to learn, to be rewarded, and to grow**

> > > (remove anyone of these, you're game is doomed to fail)

> > >

> > > -this is what players only ask for and only need-

> > >

> > > “If you aren’t taking care of your customers, your competitor's will"

> > >

> > > 'If you show concern about what matters to your customers, you can bet on it, you’ve just acquired a customer for life'

> > >

> > > 'you have completely and utter contradicted yourself'??

> >

> > Twist and squirm all you want, you said that new players aren’t blind or stupid, that they look at forums, streams and videos, considering most streamers with commentary would actually say “I stealth here so he doesn’t see me run past”. Considering 2 of the top GW2 streamers over the duration of the game played classes that make use of stealth as a mechanic, one of them even uses clones I find it hard to believe these “not stupid and blind” players failed to register that stealth = cannot be seen and that it is a game mechanic not hacks.

> >

> > You’re the one who said she was sick of people exploiting, an exploit is something unintended and regardless of my own views on stealth it is fully intended to be able to get a first strike in from stealth if you’re quick or clever about it. It is also fully intended for them not to be seen just as there have been plenty of videos showing thieves stealth camping over the years. Heck ANet can’t fail to have noticed excessive stealth durations as most openings in the WTS was 30s-1m of people stealthing and restealthing.

>

> ' **The Only People

> Who Are Mad At

> You For

> Speaking The

> Truth Are

> Those People

> Who Are

> Living A Lie.

> Keep Speaking The Truth** '

sounds like crtl+c -> crtl+v

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > @Strages.2950 said:

> > What would honestly help would be having a 1/4 second cooldown between shatters. That way the gigantic amount of macro mesmers around in WvW would become a lot more innefective. The fact that these cheaters are ruining the game for a large part of the population should be dealt with swiftly.

>

> *Don't forget the thieves also* when mentioning the ruining of the game.

>

> (basically they should lower the burst on every class taht has huge burst - either mesmers, thieves, & every other burst build)

>

> burst = taking away the fun

Have you tried to pvp at all? Because chances are, assuming your susggestion gets implemented, that pvp will be also affected and due to lack of food/gear etc. you almost never see huge numbers there (and i am talking about 10k tops here, when all stars align + outside buffs) on thief.

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > @Strages.2950 said:

> > What would honestly help would be having a 1/4 second cooldown between shatters. That way the gigantic amount of macro mesmers around in WvW would become a lot more innefective. The fact that these cheaters are ruining the game for a large part of the population should be dealt with swiftly.

>

> *Don't forget the thieves also* when mentioning the ruining of the game.

>

> (basically they should lower the burst on every class taht has huge burst - either mesmers, thieves, & every other burst build)

>

> burst = taking away the fun

then if they do that, lower the condi burst and take toughness/vit off of condition gear, so that it's an even playing field.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Strages.2950 said:

>

> It's not hard to hit all 4 shatter buttons if that was a choice, at once with a 20 button mouse.

>

> It's not macros that are the problem here, nor do I consider people using the build effectively cheaters.

Only in an RPG <,<

> @Traveller.7496 said:

> I had this happen once in WvW. 23k health and all I noticed was someone teleported to me, stunned me and instantly killed me. Talk about a spike.

You just know that if this had been a thief that had pulled this off people would be screaming "L2P NOOB!" instead of talking about the ridiculous burst that some classes can do

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @Traveller.7496 said:

> > I had this happen once in WvW. 23k health and all I noticed was someone teleported to me, stunned me and instantly killed me. Talk about a spike.

>

> You just know that if this had been a thief that had pulled this off people would be screaming "L2P NOOB!" instead of talking about the ridiculous burst that some classes can do

I think there is another whole thread for DE where people said that about Mesmers, so yeah.

I got globaled last night while roaming. Not because the Mesmer that did it had an OP spec, but because I got cocky and couldn’t be bothered to dodge, I just face tanked him. Released at spawn and proceeded to fight that guy 3 more times, won all 3 and my HP never dipped below 50%.

It’s an l2p issue for sure, sorry to disappoint.

Edit: GW2 has always been a bursty game with low TTK, it was like that in vanilla and it is like that now. The only change is that now you have warriors with a lot more defensive cooldowns to cycle and firebrands with endless blocks and heals out the rear that prolong the TTK and people just got comfy that way and are now outraged about core mechanics that have been there since vanilla. A shatter mesmer back in 2012 could still global players the way Mirage can global them now. It was the intended design and if it wasn’t the fact that no1 addressed it in 5 years, means everyone was ok with it. So chill out and move on, if you don’t like it go play wow where your healer can spam heals for days and enjoy your 45 min arena matches.

Jesus...

I ran into one of these burst mesmers in Spvp the other day. I don't usually see them there, probably due to the amulets available or food or somesuch, but there he was. He was a good player too, which made it all the worse, though if I got my reflect off in time he instantly killed himself.

Basically, it was a coin toss who died and when he realised I could reflect he came in stealth so I had no way to put up active defences. Burst mesmers make deadeyes and thieves look sad in comparison and yet have so many other tools to sustain the fight if the initial assault doesn't land (thieves tend to retreat to reset such attacks).

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> Took me a long time to find this video footage of mesmer early days of 1 shotting: finally i can share it with you.

>

> (Hope this will finally put to rest the belief that messmer never 1 shotted since gw2 release.)

>

> (Published on May 16, 2012)-not my video gameplay

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZaXBMCznB4

hahaha that was the lamest 1 shot i have ever seen xDDD

nice how he simulates being a clone xDDD

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > Took me a long time to find this video footage of mesmer early days of 1 shotting: finally i can share it with you.

> >

> > (Hope this will finally put to rest the belief that messmer never 1 shotted since gw2 release.)

> >

> > (Published on May 16, 2012)-not my video gameplay

> >

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZaXBMCznB4

>

> hahaha that was the lamest 1 shot i have ever seen xDDD

>

> nice how he simulates being a clone xDDD

yea

1 shotting is lame design in itself, Can;'t blame the player :)

> @Strages.2950 said:

> What would honestly help would be having a 1/4 second cooldown between shatters. That way the gigantic amount of macro mesmers around in WvW would become a lot more innefective. The fact that these cheaters are ruining the game for a large part of the population should be dealt with swiftly.

It is that way since 2013. You seem to be experienced and well informed.

January 03, 2013

Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Ragnarox.9601 said:

> > Problem is that mesmer is now best pve dps, clones doing insane dmg, they need to balance it, something is bugged like scourge pre nerf.

>

> Why is it a Problem? There has to be a n°1

NO there must never be number 1 when the game tries to have class diversity.

All should be as equal as possible, that is why you also see now so many thieves & evade mirages roaming in wvw because they are the easiest classes to play.

If there should be a best class why bother creating the rest ??

& what is it left then for people who dont enjoy playing an easy mode class & want to challenge their skills ?? like eles & engis for example ?

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > @Ragnarox.9601 said:

> > > Problem is that mesmer is now best pve dps, clones doing insane dmg, they need to balance it, something is bugged like scourge pre nerf.

> >

> > Why is it a Problem? There has to be a n°1

>

> NO there must never be number 1 when the game tries to have class diversity.

> All should be as equal as possible, that is why you also see now so many thieves & evade mirages roaming in wvw because they are the easiest classes to play.

>

> If there should be a best class why bother creating the rest ??

>

> & what is it left then for people who dont enjoy playing an easy mode class & want to challenge their skills ?? like eles & engis for example ?

Highest dps has nothing to do with best class. Place a mirage solo at testgolem WITHOUT buffs. - whops not even 20k. Can mirages give might to allies ? Protection? Quickness? Anything?

There has to be a n°1 in dps, if the Group works as a team everyone has its Place.

About thief and mes beeing easy ... Yeah sure...

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > @Ragnarox.9601 said:

> > > Problem is that mesmer is now best pve dps, clones doing insane dmg, they need to balance it, something is bugged like scourge pre nerf.

> >

> > Why is it a Problem? There has to be a n°1

>

> **NO there must never be number 1 when the game tries to have class diversity**.

> All should be as equal as possible, that is why you also see now so many thieves & evade mirages roaming in wvw because they are the easiest classes to play.

>

> If there should be a best class why bother creating the rest ??

>

> & what is it left then for people who dont enjoy playing an easy mode class & want to challenge their skills ?? like eles & engis for example ?

You are correct.

But can i tell you a secret as to why mesmer and thieves are designed and created this way?

Hint: a game designer in Anet

Those whose been here this long, knows who i speak of (first name only) if u know the answer

(actually, don't because of infraction=shaming)

Anyhow, this person bodily admitted it during a live streaming than quickly joked about it. (The part many who witnessed it missed was, this person was serious)

5 years+ later, this person statement still stand

Why should only a couple of classes have dodge spam abilities ?? - reminding you there are attacks that are un-dodgeable (unlike unblockable)

in a competitive game there should be no extremes unless you want to purposefully bury your own game (which is happening now with gw2 - just after the PoF hype settles down)

If they introduce several skills to different classes that go through / negate dodges ON SHORT CD it would be some step in the right direction for the balance, because the current state of wvw roaming especially is only evade spam, there is no skill in chaining evades even my grandma can do it ...

I got bored of my mirage for a month & a half i dont know how are other ppl not getting bored being 1 trick ponies & even dare to think they have skill.

> @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> If they introduce several skills to different classes that go through / negate dodges ON SHORT CD it would be some step in the right direction for the balance, because the current state of wvw roaming especially is only evade spam, there is no skill in chaining evades even my grandma can do it ...

>

> I got bored of my mirage for a month & a half i dont know how are other ppl not getting bored being 1 trick ponies & even dare to think they have skill.

>

that is the reason why the game will never be taken serious as a 'competitive game'. Do you know how much money Anet marketing team spend advertising the game as 'competitive'? Quite a lot.

So the next question is, why spend so much money advertising a game as 'competitive' whereas social media>youtube, twitch are telling a whole different story? like for example: mesmer and thief 1 shotting players over 40k-50k damage....quadrupling the highest armor gear status?

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

where are the risks? where are the effort taken? where are the learning from mistakes? where are the hard works? Only free rewards given for doing absolutely nothing? Really??

When the social media sees this, they quickly turn the other away and run to report it to the rest of the other media outlets to stay away from gw2.

Anyhow, i can't tell Anet what to do but the truth remain: the social media is listening and watching everything they do and how they treat their customers/players. And most importantly, they will not hide anything and will boldly expose the truth...and they're serious!!

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > If they introduce several skills to different classes that go through / negate dodges ON SHORT CD it would be some step in the right direction for the balance, because the current state of wvw roaming especially is only evade spam, there is no skill in chaining evades even my grandma can do it ...

> >

> > I got bored of my mirage for a month & a half i dont know how are other ppl not getting bored being 1 trick ponies & even dare to think they have skill.

> >

>

> that is the reason why the game will never be taken serious as a 'competitive game'. Do you know how much money Anet marketing team spend advertising the game as 'competitive'? Quite a lot.

>

> So the next question is, why spend so much money advertising a game as 'competitive' whereas social media>youtube, twitch are telling a whole different story? like for example: mesmer and thief 1 shotting players over 40k-50k damage....quadrupling the highest armor gear status?

>

> It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

>

> (there is a reason why there is something called social media)

>

> Anyhow, i can't tell Anet what to do but the truth remain: the social media is listening and watching everything they do and how they treat their customers/players. And most importantly, they will not hide anything and will boldly expose the truth...and they're serious!!

>

>

>

to be honest i think anet already lost its battle with every other mmo & popularity shows it gw2 is in heavy decline, i wouldnt give it more than 5 years untill its completely dead & the sole reason for this would be the bad balance.

> @Artaz.3819 said:

> #1 this is not a one-shot (look at the video). This is a high combo burst of many damaging abilities used in a short time span. At best, this can be done roughly every 12s. In actuality, this is once every 30s against a low-skill, unaware or low health player (stealth opener) and leaves the Mesmer in a playstyle that MUST stealth/reset (typically with mantra recharges to recast) because they have no other options to do any actual reasonable pressure damage to finish - sure they can immobilize a single target once every 12s too...wow.

>

> #2 this is a different issue than Deadeye with Death's Judgment (and a mark used on some random object/ambient creature) . Mesmer's burst is much more closely aligned to the burst potential of Elementalist with Scepter combo landing along with Fresh Air/Utilities. So stop comparing it to Deadeye's DJ which is actually a one-shot possible (but not likely, but still worthy of looking at since it can be used at least 2-3 times in a row which could be a problem).

>

> #3 Mirage (spec line) has absolutely nothing to do with the one-shot so Mirage specifically is not the issue. Chrono is actually far superior still because a timed F5 just before the big hit allows the combo to happen a second time (with timing) and provides the critical superspeed to shatter of illusions to ensure the poor illusion pathing reduces the burst potential. Notice in the videos that AI shatters pathing is not shown as a problem and the Mesmer is always with a group of others (and only once is the focused target) yet still is barely surviving at some points (backing off to recharge mantras and no enemy bothers to engage the mesmer during). Also note, the video is a voice chat/high communication havoc (guild) team with target calls to ensure the targets go down...basically ignores the other ~4 teammates helping to finish targets and keeping the mesmer up - if you watch closely, that Ele tank/healing/CC team member is the real winner.

>

> #4 The true problem is GS 2 (Mirror Blade). It was buffed back in July 2016 and has been to go-to weapon for dueling WvW/PvP ever since outside of Chrono condi builds for mesmer. That's because it does a huge damage spike (decently high damage coefficient), unblockable, adds Might boon, causes Vulnerability, and meets the less than 12s cooldown criteria by being 8s. Note, GS 3 (Mind Stab) has the magical 12s cooldown alignment and is basically instant cast. Mindwrack F1 is 12s cooldown. Sword 3 mainhand (immobilize swap) is also 12s. Not shown in video but also often used, Blurred Frenzy is 12s cooldown. You see a pattern yet? Do your burst, jerk around (aka retreat) for 10-11s, do it again. F5 Continuum Split at least allows you to do it twice.

>

> TL;DR There is nothing new to this mesmer burst combo. The increased perception that Mirage/Mesmer is now a new burst roaming build is untrue. The build has been around for over a year and culprit is not Mirage POF power creep. It's greatsword...

>

> That being said, nerfing mesmer greatsword will just force dedicated mesmers back to condi focus which is the current meta problem discussion (higher priority and needs to really be the focus balance fix first).

quoting