Essence of Luck after you reach 300%

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> Luck is part of your rewards - you should never have to delete a reward instead of actually getting something for it. Anet should have come up with a plan of what to do with excess luck when the first few accounts capped luck. That must have been years ago and yet Anet still hasn't done anything about it.

Moreso with some of the login rewards giving Luck. :neutral:

Not exactly how much it could 'break', given that some people compound boosters to get to, what, 500%+. Adding a soft cap would still allow growth and a place to fuunel luck without needing to establish new items or rewards.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Ok, I'm impressed! And this is after maxing out one char?

> >

> > I'm not to max yet,

>

> It's not that hard to max if you really want to. Even easier now with the recent QoL changes. Given how often I saw your main account in the Labyrinth this year, it might be worth it for you to take a little time.

>

> Of course, there are advantages to letting it grow organically. I admit to be a little sad when I hit 285%, because then it stopped being fun to gain another 1%. (Instead, it turned into an ongoing angst of "what am I going to do with all that luck now", which brings us full circle to the original post.)

>

OMG, THIS!!! I'm at 295 right now after this years lab and I am keep thinking the same thing. Do I sell all my greens and blues now? Do I just salvage some of them for mats? Ugh.

> @jheryn.8390 said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > Ok, I'm impressed! And this is after maxing out one char?

> > >

> > > I'm not to max yet,

> >

> > It's not that hard to max if you really want to. Even easier now with the recent QoL changes. Given how often I saw your main account in the Labyrinth this year, it might be worth it for you to take a little time.

> >

> > Of course, there are advantages to letting it grow organically. I admit to be a little sad when I hit 285%, because then it stopped being fun to gain another 1%. (Instead, it turned into an ongoing angst of "what am I going to do with all that luck now", which brings us full circle to the original post.)

> >

> OMG, THIS!!! I'm at 295 right now after this years lab and I am keep thinking the same thing. Do I sell all my greens and blues now? Do I just salvage some of them for mats? Ugh.

Salvage for mats. Keep them if you need them, or sell them if you don't, but mats are generally worth more than the gear itself. That is unless you use a copper fed salvage machine, or a basic salvage kit.

It would be nice to see a vendor to trade them in for some new skins, or even buy things like the repair kits and portable banker and trader.

## B)**Suggestions for uses of luck after 300%:** B)

* increase max to 310%, make every 1% take as much luck as 1-300 (soft cap)

* option to salvage luck, granting 5/10% magic find temporary buff

* lottery system including luck essences (allow us to extract the overcapped luck, i consume it even though im capped to save inventory space, would be cool to have it extracted if there are new uses for it. the amount of luck i consumed is counted in the achievements bar)

* luck eater (but there are so many, please introduce something like living world portal tome and make us stack the eaters into single item)

* vendor trading luck essences for transmutation charges

1.5 mil every 1% is imho too low.

First problem to solve should be about not to waste it, which sees luck from item to wallet currency and a vendor which exchange luck for magic find for those who didn't cap.

Inventory space and no luck loss should be the priority. We don't need any eater, more mf or a reward which needs luck in exchange.

Those could be Nice ideas don't get me wrong, but it's important that they first solve the main problem which afflict luck.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> With low luck requirements as 45-90k per point it would be unfair towards those who didn't cap yet.

>

> Me and others could manage to cap in a few months and have a big advantage on those who don't.

>

> I would instead set higher goals

>

> 301% -> 1 Million required

> 302% -> 2 Millions required

> 303% -> 4 Millions required

> 304% -> 8 Millions required

> 305% -> 16 Millions required

>

> Etc...

This is exactly what I was thinking. It could never (I believe) be maxed. 5% more would make a mathematically insignificant difference, yet still allow us to use our luck to advance our account.

> @MachineManXX.9746 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > With low luck requirements as 45-90k per point it would be unfair towards those who didn't cap yet.

> >

> > Me and others could manage to cap in a few months and have a big advantage on those who don't.

> >

> > I would instead set higher goals

> >

> > 301% -> 1 Million required

> > 302% -> 2 Millions required

> > 303% -> 4 Millions required

> > 304% -> 8 Millions required

> > 305% -> 16 Millions required

> >

> > Etc...

>

> This is exactly what I was thinking. It could never (I believe) be maxed. 5% more would make a mathematically insignificant difference, yet still allow us to use our luck to advance our account.

I will need some months to cap, but the bonuses could be infinite.

This is why i suggested something even way higher ( it could be an advantage for me, but it would be unfair for the others. And Since the current way to get mf they should be aware about how much luck could a player get ).

That’s why the best would be to transform the essenCes into a wallet currency.

Then the will be able to think the best way to use it with no urges.

> > @Devildoc.6721 said:

> > So I gotta ask, once you reach 300 with a combination of luck and achievements does it let you go to 300% from luck alone?

>

> Yes, account-bound luck from MF has the cap of 300, independent of everything else.

so achievements will go over that cap. So you can have like 314% or something.

> @Devildoc.6721 said:

> so achievements will go over that cap. So you can have like 314% or something.

Correct.

With banners & boosters and such, you can add another few hundred. If you go to Silverwastes and build up [perserverence](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Perseverance), you get another 150% (+30% per event), and that ups a bit in the moment you are opening a Lost Bandit Chest.

So those who want to can get ~900% MF or more, at least for brief periods of time.

Normally, that's not worth the effort to worry about. The exceptions are opening containers for which MF changes the loot, most notably: Lucky Envelopes from Lunar New Year (~ February) and all three levels of Unidentified Gear from PoF maps. There are a couple of posts documenting just how big a difference that makes.

> > @Devildoc.6721 said:

> > so achievements will go over that cap. So you can have like 314% or something.

>

> Correct.

> With banners & boosters and such, you can add another few hundred. If you go to Silverwastes and build up [perserverence](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Perseverance), you get another 150% (+30% per event), and that ups a bit in the moment you are opening a Lost Bandit Chest.

>

> So those who want to can get ~900% MF or more, at least for brief periods of time.

>

> Normally, that's not worth the effort to worry about. The exceptions are opening containers for which MF changes the loot, most notably: Lucky Envelopes from Lunar New Year (~ February) and all three levels of Unidentified Gear from PoF maps. There are a couple of posts documenting just how big a difference that makes.

Yeah I knew about the other added effects, just wasn't sure if it was a 300% from luck and then achievements on top, or if it was 300% luck+achievements cap.

Wow, I'm still trying to get to 300% and I've played since launch. Just recently found the ecto > dust > sell & buy ecto go around but that is a ton of luck to have lying around.

Should definitely have a way to craft the legendary luck, make management a lot easier.

I'd be happy with a Luck eater that consumed Exotic essences and just spat out random loot like the other munchers.

While we're at it, I'd LOVE an Obsidian eater too. If you don't really make Legendary weapons (which are the main sink for Obsidian), you just end up with piles and piles of it from reward tracks and SW farming.

First i want to state i'm no where near max. I feel when one gets max one should get a good achievement, a luck eater and maybe toss in a title like "Lucky" or "Lucky Charm" something relative and fun. Unless one chases that 300% luck passionately, it will take any casual a while to get it. Gives another fun goal to chase. As is I don't chase luck, I see very little difference with or without it. Though i do see a small difference, still not worth chasing in my opinion as is.

When luck system was changed back in the day, I was actually surprised there was no achievement for reaching 300%. Considering there are incredibly easy achievements that put out like 20 pts. Daily sometimes takes you 5-10 mins to accomplish and gives 10 every time.

Makes perfect sense to tie it to an achievement and atleast away to make use of excess luck (other than crafts) once someone has reached the maximum.

There indeed needs to be a luck sink or something older this game gets the more people you will see coming to the forums about excess luck as more and more people reach the max. It would be nice to be able to convert into something of use, like laurels you get excess one can atleast convert it to gold or something useful.

> @Raif.9507 said:

> Wow, I'm still trying to get to 300% and I've played since launch. Just recently found the ecto > dust > sell & buy ecto go around but that is a ton of luck to have lying around.

>

> Should definitely have a way to craft the legendary luck, make management a lot easier.

Not sure why you have management issues or luck "laying around" (I dont think the luck is lying to you)... salvage extos, rightclick and consume all on the luck, sell the dust. Repeat. At least we can consume all now, before we had to click each and every piece of luck (well, macros made it tolerable). I used to buy 1000 ectos at a time to do this. The problem was juggling all the cash and not dumping all the dust at once, lol. Well at least one earned more than what was lost, generally.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > @Raif.9507 said:

> > Wow, I'm still trying to get to 300% and I've played since launch. Just recently found the ecto > dust > sell & buy ecto go around but that is a ton of luck to have lying around.

> >

> > Should definitely have a way to craft the legendary luck, make management a lot easier.

> Not sure why you have management issues or luck "laying around" (I dont think the luck is lying to you)... salvage extos, rightclick and consume all on the luck, sell the dust. Repeat. At least we can consume all now, before we had to click each and every piece of luck (well, macros made it tolerable). I used to buy 1000 ectos at a time to do this. The problem was juggling all the cash and not dumping all the dust at once, lol. Well at least one earned more than what was lost, generally.

>

Think you misunderstood what I was talking about.

The wow to that is a lot of luck lying around was to that picture posted earlier with stacks & stacks of luck.

The ecto > dust > sell & buy ecto was just me mentioning that I only recently discovered that trick to get luck and am trying to max the account based luck. And yes, I remember having to click the luck 1 by 1, was a nightmare.