Unhindered Combatant change

Theandil.6045

> @Phosphorite.6192 said:

> Was this change even implemented properly? Bc when I dodge with UC I still regenerate endurance afterward. I don't feel any difference.

It's if you dodge with UC when under immoblize, cripple, or chill. You get an "Exhaustion" debuff that disables endurance regen for 4 seconds.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Anyone who thinks dash wasn't op or out performing other traits OR needed a nerf then lol.

If Dash was outperforming the other traits (and that's a fair thing to argue), then the solution would be to buff those other options. No good Thief change EVER involves nerfing Endurance regen.

If they did want to fix the other traits, for Bound at least I would recommend making it land smoother (so that it doesn't seem to stop you in place when it lands) and have *all* the dodges provide Swiftness, so that instead of doing so many things better than the other two, Dash would be primarily anti-CC, OR they could give ALL the dodges the anti-CC component, and Dash could be all about the speed. Either way, leave Dash alone.

> @nacario.9417 said:

> I think its more annoying with the general lack of communication. I would rather have a mmo company that has a rep from the devs of each class to sit down and talk to players now and then, than keeping us in the dark and slapping us in the face every 3 4 month balance patch.

>

After 5 years you're still hoping for that?

It's top 5 laziest and worst changes I've ever seen in 5 years of GW2. Taking this trait actually PUNISHES you now. Even if your intent was not to remove that random cripple, you still get punished for it.

All they needed to do was add an ICD to the condi removal part. That's it! That's a considerably simpler change and one that wouldn't cripple thieves this much.

Yes it was overpowered, but right now you're putting yourself at a disadvantage when equipping this trait. The funniest part is that I have _never_ seen this mechanic in place before. Not in any trait, weapon skill, utility, rune effect or elite. Losing _all_ endurance regen? For dodging? What?

Sand Flare Grant nearby allies a barrier. Convert boons on nearby enemies into torment and cripple.

Dessicate Draw in vital energy from your foes to gain life force and grant boons to nearby allies. Convert a boon on affected enemies into torment and cripple.

Sand Swell Plunge into the ground, creating a portal through Tyria for allied use. Grant allies using this passage a health barrier. Convert a boon on nearby enemies into torment and cripple.

Serpent Siphon Unleash ghostly serpents toward foes in the targeted area; serpents striking their targets become magical sand, which grants allies a barrier. Convert a boon from struck enemies into torment and cripple.

Manifest Sand Shade strikes foes and applies torment and cripple when you use a shade ability. and this applies to the scourge itself too.

EVERYTHING a scourge does applies cripple. But it's too much for DD, a spec FOCUSED ON MOBILITY AND EVASION, to be able to counter that? You're saying Anet, that we can't be allowed to use our primary means of survival if we clear a condition that gets applied by the mere existence of another type of enemy?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WAY YOUR BRAINS FUNCTION???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Unhindered Combatant was, to use an Anet quote "Working as intended" CHANGE IT BACK PLEASE for the love of god!! If you truly feel it's too much, put in an internal cooldown of say 3 seconds (matching weaver's GM trait Woven Stride) on the clearing, but as it is the 4 second of 100% endurance regeneration negation is in DIRECT CONFLICT with Escapist Absolution, the master that clear's conditions upon evading an attack because we won't have any endurance as soon as a scourge looks at us funny. It doesn't just nerf the trait a little bit, it turns the trait into a deathtrap!!!

> @ZhouX.8742 said:

> Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

The meta build was unaffected because it does not rely on dodges as its only defenses. It also has a crapload of blinds and interrupt. Builds that use Acro and non-pistol offhand are devastated by this in terms of sustained damage mitigation.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

>

> The meta build was unaffected because it does not rely on dodges as its only defenses. It also has a crapload of blinds and interrupt. Builds that use Acro and non-pistol offhand are devastated by this in terms of sustained damage mitigation.

Why? .

> > @Turk.5460 said:

> > > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

> >

> > The meta build was unaffected because it does not rely on dodges as its only defenses. It also has a crapload of blinds and interrupt. Builds that use Acro and non-pistol offhand are devastated by this in terms of sustained damage mitigation.

>

> Why? .

Your question was already answered in my previous post. But if you need further explanation, please refer to the minor traits that Acro brings.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @Turk.5460 said:

> > > > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

> > >

> > > The meta build was unaffected because it does not rely on dodges as its only defenses. It also has a crapload of blinds and interrupt. Builds that use Acro and non-pistol offhand are devastated by this in terms of sustained damage mitigation.

> >

> > Why? .

>

> Your question was already answered in my previous post. But if you need further explanation, please refer to the minor traits that Acro brings.

I get that, but are you saying this effects core acro only, or are you saying you play with both acro and daredevil.

> @ZhouX.8742 said:

> Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

if Sindrener's skill sets the bar for balance then… you've missed the point.

> > @Turk.5460 said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > @Turk.5460 said:

> > > > > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > > > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

> > > >

> > > > The meta build was unaffected because it does not rely on dodges as its only defenses. It also has a crapload of blinds and interrupt. Builds that use Acro and non-pistol offhand are devastated by this in terms of sustained damage mitigation.

> > >

> > > Why? .

> >

> > Your question was already answered in my previous post. But if you need further explanation, please refer to the minor traits that Acro brings.

>

> I get that, but are you saying this effects core acro only, or are you saying you play with both acro and daredevil.

The whole discussion is revolving around UC, a Daredevil trait. You can't be serious.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

>

> The meta build was unaffected because it does not rely on dodges as its only defenses. It also has a crapload of blinds and interrupt. Builds that use Acro and non-pistol offhand are devastated by this in terms of sustained damage mitigation.

Acro plays with vigor, this shouldn't affect it, actually. I think it only affects non vigor buff states if I'm not mistaken. Also, as Sind said, the effect is not much visible, at least if you are doing your role in spvp and are able to rely on some other team mates to do your stuff as usual. And it probably affects the meta in wvw when you do other stuff and things are also overtuned, but again, not a whole lot, especially if you are expecting to find out of control shit in wvw. In short, it doesn't change much, but instead it's making your experience more annoying.

The problem with this nerf, along with their continued nerf of thief endurance is just another uncalled for annoyance which makes it even more frustrating when you compare it with how broken are other profession specs out there and the "creativeness" the devs can go to when it comes to nerfing thief... they really know how to do stuff never heard in the game before if they want, but instead of using this "ingenuity" and "new found" abilities of their engine to fix balance issues some of which years old now, they use it just to annoy at least part of it's player base.

Edit: seems like the vigor stuff was only my imagination, you can ignore that part, lol

> @Mahkno.7593 said:

> > @ZhouX.8742 said:

>

> if Sindrener's skill sets the bar for balance then… you've missed the point.

It's not only just Sindrener, it's every good/decent thief.

At least in pvp you shouldn't have any problem with this change unless you're bad so it seems a lot of people are realising they were being carried by a single dodge, juicy nerf.

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > @Mahkno.7593 said:

> > > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

> >

> > if Sindrener's skill sets the bar for balance then… you've missed the point.

>

> It's not only just Sindrener, it's every good/decent thief.

>

> At least in pvp you shouldn't have any problem with this change unless you're bad so it seems a lot of people are realising they were being carried by a single dodge, juicy nerf.

I too feel it's fine in PVP, so I agree with Sin and every good/decent thief about that. However it really hits WvW roamers, especially the ones using s/d builds with acro. This change killed alot of build diversity.

> @Skada.1362 said:

> > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > > @Mahkno.7593 said:

> > > > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > > Sindrener seems to be doing fine , not sure... I think it depends if you're good or not. Not justifying the nerf, just saying from a few people in top tier I've seen playing it, it's not massive nerf. Similar play style just not as spammy.

> > >

> > > if Sindrener's skill sets the bar for balance then… you've missed the point.

> >

> > It's not only just Sindrener, it's every good/decent thief.

> >

> > At least in pvp you shouldn't have any problem with this change unless you're bad so it seems a lot of people are realising they were being carried by a single dodge, juicy nerf.

>

> I too feel it's fine in PVP, so I agree with Sin and every good/decent thief about that. However it really hits WvW roamers, especially the ones using s/d builds with acro. This change killed alot of build diversity.

I totally agree, I can see this nerf hurting a lot more in WvW than PvP.