Thoughts on Nov. 7 profession changes?

mes.4607

Mirage and Firebrand reads like a buff? Any Mesmer/Guardians want to chime in? Will this improve Firebrand cheese? And continued Mesmer 1v1 dominance?

Warrior traded sustain for axe damage buffs.

**As for Holosmith...**

Holosmith "buffs" are just functional changes and the sword damage buffs probably won't replace the mobility bonus of using a rifle but maybe it will have a place to really get face-to-face instead of always disengaging for cooldowns.

Essentially, Holosmith got sustain against condi. The combo-finishers were lacking, which made Exceed skills like _Hard Light Arena_ nearly pointless. Now that **Refraction Cutter**, **Photon Blitz**, and **Crystal Configuration: Storm** have a 20% chance to be projectile finishers, Holosmith can now have some sustainability in combo fields. Coolant Blast/Cauterize might actually be used over Healing Turret now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > @mrauls.6519 said:

> > > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > > Warrior: good.

> > >

> > > DP thief: deleted

> > >

> > > Everything else: literally nothing.

> >

> > How was DP thief deleted?

>

> Anet did the daring move of nerfing their main trait in Daredevil.

>

> Unhindering Combatant.

>

> Now thieves won't sit there and jam there thumb on the Dodge key, now they are just like everyone else ;3

>

> Gotta deal with the fact they won't pump themselves up with endurance and actually have to think when they Dodge now.

I agree that trait was completely busted and needed a nerf, I was never a fan.

But now I basically sentence myself to death if i dodge with cripple because my endurance regen is turned off.

Not to mention all the new appealing Amulets/Runes combinations to test out.

* Power, Precision: 1050

* Healing, Vitality: 560

Grieving

* Power, Condition Damage: 1050

* Precision, Ferocity: 560

Harrier

* Power: 1200

* Healing, Concentration: 900

Marshal

* Power, Healing: 1050

* Precision, Condition Damage: 560

Swashbuckler

* Power, Precision: 1050

* Condition Damage, Vitality: 560

Wizard

* Power, Condition Damage: 1050

* Vitality, Precision: 560

> @LUST.7241 said:

>

Mirage buffs are mostly on unused weapons, utilities and traits except chaos vortex, which is the straight purple projectiles that you can avoid by strafing.

sooooo it'll play the same as before

I felt like the nerf to unhindered combatant are way too heavy handed. Should make it just immobilize as too many cripple/chill nowadays. Heck even on swap sigil is one.

> @"Vella the knight.6072" said:

> I feel there is a major lack of balance for every other part of each classes balance.

Well the balance was odd. Still early to figure out if its good or not. The interesting part is how the new runes, amulets and skill/trait balance act with each other. Im predicting that we will see the same or more power creep, and it will feel the same as last patch (kitten).

> @Shampanix.3928 said:

> > I really don't understand why Firebrand got buffed...like kitten...they were imo already high tier.

>

> What buff? Main fb exlusive mechanic - quickfire - was halved. Quickness application seems nerfed. Mantras were improved but it's still clunkfest. Nothing else touched from core or HoT spec. What buffs cus I don't see them, please explain.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> Firebrand didn't get any nerfs although they are top DPS in PVE and impossible to kill in PVP. Weird right?

Firebrand got it's PvE dps heavily nerfed with the Quickfire change.

> @feroxeu.7416 said:

> > @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > Warrior: good.

> >

> > DP thief: deleted

> >

> > Everything else: literally nothing.

>

> Well we did get new amy, and runes. Also Reaper, holosmith, and weaver got significant changes, we should def see different builds due to those changes.

-Weaver

-Significant changes

pick one

> @LUST.7241 said:

> Mirage and Firebrand reads like a buff? Any Mesmer/Guardians want to chime in? Will this improve Firebrand cheese? And continued Mesmer 1v1 dominance?

>

Mesmer main here — they read more like "meh" than buffs to me. Most of our changes centered around tuning the axe, which in PvP, was seriously clunky. They're fixes directly addressed that clunkiness (i.e. camera focusing, not needing to face target, and increased cloak time on some skills). To me, they're more QoL changes and things most Mesmers already expected with the release of the game.

There's a few buffs in there that are interesting, I should say.

Imaginary Axes giving 2 stacks of confusion opposed to one is sort of cool. Difficult to land in my opinion.

-.25 sec on Phant Berserker is meh

Chaox vortex might actually hit and do something useful now

> @Loboling.5293 said:

> I'm actually thinking herald might make it back into the meta. We can 1v1 firebrand, or at least the couple I've encountered since patch. Maybe it wasn't the buffs, but lucky to fight bad fb. Time will tell.

>

> But I do feel Herald is stronger now than it was yesterday in this new meta.

We could always 1v1 bunk firebrands, it just takes a long time to whittle them down through the constant healing. The problem is they are always in team fights right next to a scourge which will tear you to shreds without your own bunker firebrand but rev + firebrand is still a decisively losing match-up against scourge + firebrand.

> @ArthurDent.9538 said:

> Scourge + firebrand completely dominating team fights actually got buffed even further. Do the balance team actually play this game, or do they throw darts at a board to decide balance changes?

This, I really think scourge is in an alright place (by itself) because it has loads of heavy counters (anything with range = rip scourge). BUT if they are paired with an FB its gonna cause loads of problems.

FB just makes the whole team OP in PVP, not just the scourge. Not to mention they are so hard to kill.

> @brannigan.9831 said:

> I would have given the patch an A - if they would have nerfed Scourge some instead of pretending its ok so without it I'd give it a B. Excellent nerfs to warrior and thief.

Its because scourge is not that good anymore in PvE because they fixed the dhuumfire trait bug/glitch, so they will never nerf it cause it would be financial suicide to do so.

> > @brannigan.9831 said:

> > I would have given the patch an A - if they would have nerfed Scourge some instead of pretending its ok so without it I'd give it a B. Excellent nerfs to warrior and thief.

>

What scourge, PVE? They needed a buff. PvP? They got "fixed" which were heavy nerfs.

Don't get me wrong, they are still top teir in PvP, just like SB still are with the nerfs, but no where near OP. People just need to get used to the don't enter their shades and just range them down idea when VS a scourge.