Mirage and Holosmith damage is over the top.

kappa.2036

> @Chaith.8256 said:

>

> > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> >

> > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

>

> Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

>

Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> >

> > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > >

> > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> >

> > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> >

>

> Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

> @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > >

> > > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > > >

> > > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> > >

> > > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> > >

> >

> > Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

>

> I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

*One of my points is that I should not need to be locked into the latest metabattle bandwagon.* Balance is poor if only one or two of the possible builds are useful. I protested when ANET simplified the trait system.

They seem to be wanting to move toward a video game style setup with one build per class. I think that would be a major error in judgement.**In a balanced game, most possible builds would be useful and roughly equivalent. GW2 has, in my opinion, never really approached that.** The Guild Wars Franchise trades on it's diversity and richness. To destroy that would be to destroy the game.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > >

> > > > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > > > >

> > > > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> > > >

> > > > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

> >

> > I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

>

> *One of my points is that I should not need to be locked into the latest metabattle bandwagon.* Balance is poor if only one or two of the possible builds are useful. I protested when ANET simplified the trait system.

>

> They seem to be wanting to move toward a video game style setup with one build per class. I think that would be a major error in judgement.**In a balanced game, most possible builds would be useful and roughly equivalent. GW2 has, in my opinion, never really approached that.** The Guild Wars Franchise trades on it's diversity and richness. To destroy that would be to destroy the game.

>

Actually most people need to open their eyes about what balance means in games and that wont happen unless they play some other competitive games. Balance is just a word for Flavour of the Month, or in this case 4 months. There isnt a way, literally no way to balance something unless every class/spec is completely homogenized and the more specs we get, the more chaotic balance will be....so we are left with the strong builds and the weak builds . The latter are just fodder and winning depends on how hard can the people running meta builds carry.That's the universal truth of every single game. Back in the day i played warcraft,dota2,cs,Unreal tournament, quake,sc2 etc etc and the only game with anything remotely resembling true balance was SC2 and even there it was pretty shaky. Why? Because it has 3 races only making it a lot easier to find balance and counterplay. Rest of the games is just devs mixing up the meta to get things going again after they become stale. That's it. The only thing players can do is to adapt or take a break/quit.

> @zoomborg.9462 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> > > > >

> > > > > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

> > >

> > > I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

> >

> > *One of my points is that I should not need to be locked into the latest metabattle bandwagon.* Balance is poor if only one or two of the possible builds are useful. I protested when ANET simplified the trait system.

> >

> > They seem to be wanting to move toward a video game style setup with one build per class. I think that would be a major error in judgement.**In a balanced game, most possible builds would be useful and roughly equivalent. GW2 has, in my opinion, never really approached that.** The Guild Wars Franchise trades on it's diversity and richness. To destroy that would be to destroy the game.

> >

>

> Actually most people need to open their eyes about what balance means and that wont happen unless they play some other competitive games. Balance is just a word for Flavour of the Month, or in this case 4 months. There isnt a way, literally no way to balance something unless every class/spec is completely homogenized....so we are left with the strong builds and the weak builds . The latter are just fodder and winning depends on how hard can the people run meta builds carry.That's the universal truth of every single game. Back in the day i played warcraft,dota2,cs,Unreal tournament, quake,sc2 etc etc and the only game with any remotely resembling balance was SC2 and even there it was pretty shaky. Why? Because it has 3 races only making it a lot easier to find balance and counterplay. Rest of the games is just devs mixing up the meta to get things going again after they become stale. That's it.

If that's the case, then the devs need to be much more even handed about how often each class is promoted. I don't want homogenized classes. In fact I've argued against having "Swiss army knife" classes for quite some time.

**Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

Yet Mirages are out there one shotting people out of stealth... So much for "Punch below it's weight", right?

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > >

> > > > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > > > >

> > > > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> > > >

> > > > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

> >

> > I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

>

> *One of my points is that I should not need to be locked into the latest metabattle bandwagon.* Balance is poor if only one or two of the possible builds are useful. I protested when ANET simplified the trait system.

>

> They seem to be wanting to move toward a video game style setup with one build per class. I think that would be a major error in judgement.**In a balanced game, most possible builds would be useful and roughly equivalent. GW2 has, in my opinion, never really approached that.** The Guild Wars Franchise trades on it's diversity and richness. To destroy that would be to destroy the game.

>

There are at least two fairly strong mesmer builds right now, excluding minor variations of them, and you refuse to use anything close to either. I, too, wish that the build variety of GW1 had made it into this game. It didn't, and in order to put it in here now they would have to rebuild the entire skill and trait system from the ground up. Bluntly, that's not going to happen. Balance under these conditions involves ensuring that every profession has at least one build capable of being effective in competitive PvP, and keeping those viable/meta builds fairly evenly matched on average.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @zoomborg.9462 said:

> > > > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

> > > >

> > > > I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

> > >

> > > *One of my points is that I should not need to be locked into the latest metabattle bandwagon.* Balance is poor if only one or two of the possible builds are useful. I protested when ANET simplified the trait system.

> > >

> > > They seem to be wanting to move toward a video game style setup with one build per class. I think that would be a major error in judgement.**In a balanced game, most possible builds would be useful and roughly equivalent. GW2 has, in my opinion, never really approached that.** The Guild Wars Franchise trades on it's diversity and richness. To destroy that would be to destroy the game.

> > >

> >

> > Actually most people need to open their eyes about what balance means and that wont happen unless they play some other competitive games. Balance is just a word for Flavour of the Month, or in this case 4 months. There isnt a way, literally no way to balance something unless every class/spec is completely homogenized....so we are left with the strong builds and the weak builds . The latter are just fodder and winning depends on how hard can the people run meta builds carry.That's the universal truth of every single game. Back in the day i played warcraft,dota2,cs,Unreal tournament, quake,sc2 etc etc and the only game with any remotely resembling balance was SC2 and even there it was pretty shaky. Why? Because it has 3 races only making it a lot easier to find balance and counterplay. Rest of the games is just devs mixing up the meta to get things going again after they become stale. That's it.

>

> If that's the case, then the devs need to be much more even handed about how often each class is promoted. I don't want homogenized classes. In fact I've argued against having "Swiss army knife" classes for quite some time.

>

> **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

I agree with u.Problem is only "pro's" at their respective class can actually identify what works and doesnt work, what is strong and what is weak, when a build is simply too strong to counter or when it is counterable but opponents just dont have the necessary skill to pull it off. Anet would need to actually cooperate with some of these players otherwise they just walking blind.

Changes should always be made according to the top-skilled players in every respective class. All these passive procs that apply invalunerability,blocks,condi cleanse etc etc need to go and be replaced with active traits and utilities that require actual skill and timing.That's the only way u can make this game somewhat interesting and fun while removing the massive advantage of a meta build vs an offmeta build. When u remove THAT passive factor u open up potential to counterplay where actual skills comes b4 build, hence u can play other "weaker" builds and still win if u got the skill for it.

EDIT: Power mesmer used to be really fun to play b4 HoT powercreep appeared. Power mesmer has problems because almost every single class has a "panic button" to either block all dmg, heal, condi cleanse....and these are all passives......

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

>

> Yet Mirages are out there one shotting people out of stealth... So much for "Punch below it's weight", right?

With what ? torch 4 , gs 2 , gs 4 blink F1 ?

Wonder where the Mirage dmg comes from....

Mirages use the same One shot mechanic as Mesmers always did ;) - ur comment just showed that u have 0% knowledge about Mirage itself.

Just one example for u guys here ; i hav 1,9k power, 170% crit chance - playin hybrid mirage. With illu/domi/mirage my strongest F1's are rougly arround 2 k dmg per illusion, with 25 stacks might, meaning 8k damage in total ; when i manage to get 3 illusions, next to u , and all hit -> MELEE.

I got 10k + crits today from several classes from 1200-1500 range...

Some autohits did 4-6 k damage.

Just got hit by 8k reaper shroud 2. Where's the problem?

> @kappa.2036 said:

> Mirage can stack 20 or more confusion stacks coupled with other 5 or 6 conditions in a second.

> Holosmith can melt people with a good combo, and they are literally carried by passive traits.

>

> I don't know why these classes haven't been touched by the balance patch. The damage output from these specializations is just insane.

> High risk - high reward? Nah, only reapers can say that.

Mesmer/Mirage is Anet baby: without a complete re-design, is a waste of time and energy playing their game.. Engineer/Holosmith damage will be nerfed again and again. Welcome to Gw2!! If your not playing Thief or Mesmer, all in vain.

' **When You Learn To Accept Instead Of Expect, You'll Have Fewer Disappointments** , Robert Fisher

Once and all, Learn to accept, as long thief and mesmer are Anet Favorite Classes, Nothing Else Matters...You Will Always Be Disappointed.

**Want solution to the problem? You Will Never Find It here...Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Ever!!**

Someone else caress, Someone else listens, someone else treats you equally, someone else makes it top priority to resolve problems and solutions.....in the end, will make sure all your time and effort are worth it.

sign,

Competitors

> @zoomborg.9462 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > @zoomborg.9462 said:

> > > > > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > > > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I spoke of Thieves' Guild to make the point that even Phantasms are not truly unique to Mesmer. I could have mentioned others.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When Chronomancer was introduced, one of the specialization perks was resistance if memory serves. *Yes, I do think that each profession ought to have something unique. In the case of Mesmer, My class brings nothing to the table that another class cannot replicate to some extent.* Resistance was shared out and severely nerfed on Mesmer because it was allegedly OP. Then Warrior got resistance in spades.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Confusion, A.I, (Phantasms), resistance, Mesmer did not do these before other professions.. They're more of a game wide mechanic. You're digging a 2km deep hole searching for reasons why the entire Mesmer profession is obsolete but if you just resurfaced once and a while you'd see it's been in a must have spot since 2015.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Perhaps that is so from an ESL/Pro league POV. For the vast majority of players it is not.

> > > > >

> > > > > I had no problems doing well with chronomancer until PoF dropped. Again, the problem is you and your stubborn refusal to use effective builds. You have no grounds to complain about balance when you intentionally use inferior builds.

> > > >

> > > > *One of my points is that I should not need to be locked into the latest metabattle bandwagon.* Balance is poor if only one or two of the possible builds are useful. I protested when ANET simplified the trait system.

> > > >

> > > > They seem to be wanting to move toward a video game style setup with one build per class. I think that would be a major error in judgement.**In a balanced game, most possible builds would be useful and roughly equivalent. GW2 has, in my opinion, never really approached that.** The Guild Wars Franchise trades on it's diversity and richness. To destroy that would be to destroy the game.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Actually most people need to open their eyes about what balance means and that wont happen unless they play some other competitive games. Balance is just a word for Flavour of the Month, or in this case 4 months. There isnt a way, literally no way to balance something unless every class/spec is completely homogenized....so we are left with the strong builds and the weak builds . The latter are just fodder and winning depends on how hard can the people run meta builds carry.That's the universal truth of every single game. Back in the day i played warcraft,dota2,cs,Unreal tournament, quake,sc2 etc etc and the only game with any remotely resembling balance was SC2 and even there it was pretty shaky. Why? Because it has 3 races only making it a lot easier to find balance and counterplay. Rest of the games is just devs mixing up the meta to get things going again after they become stale. That's it.

> >

> > If that's the case, then the devs need to be much more even handed about how often each class is promoted. I don't want homogenized classes. In fact I've argued against having "Swiss army knife" classes for quite some time.

> >

> > **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

>

> I agree with u.Problem is only "pro's" at their respective class can actually identify what works and doesnt work, what is strong and what is weak, when a build is simply too strong to counter or when it is counterable but opponents just dont have the necessary skill to pull it off. Anet would need to actually cooperate with some of these players otherwise they just walking blind.

> Changes should always be made according to the top-skilled players in every respective class. All these passive procs that apply invalunerability,blocks,condi cleanse etc etc need to go and be replaced with active traits and utilities that require actual skill and timing.That's the only way u can make this game somewhat interesting and fun while removing the massive advantage of a meta build vs an offmeta build. When u remove THAT passive factor u open up potential to counterplay where actual skills comes b4 build, hence u can play other "weaker" builds and still win if u got the skill for it.

>

> EDIT: Power mesmer used to be really fun to play b4 HoT powercreep appeared. Power mesmer has problems because almost every single class has a "panic button" to either block all dmg, heal, condi cleanse....and these are all passives......

HoT didn't introduce any 'panic button' invulns, passive or otherwise, except on revenant (at least, none that I can think of offhand; you could argue about DH shield, but even that is directional and a modification of a previous mechanic). Warriors still use theirs from core, elixir s has always been a thing, reaper shroud is comparable in defensive use to death shroud, etc. In fact, engineers in particular _stopped_ running elixir s when they switched over to scrapper, at least on their most common builds.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

>

> Yet Mirages are out there one shotting people out of stealth... So much for "Punch below it's weight", right?

Mirage is affected by a bug at the moment that increases it's damage. Sadly, that's pretty much the only factor that makes the specialization competitive.

~edit~ Oh, and I've been winning some fights v. Mirage. **Holosmith on the other hand is pretty much unbeatable.**

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

> >

> > Yet Mirages are out there one shotting people out of stealth... So much for "Punch below it's weight", right?

>

> Mirage is affected by a bug at the moment that increases it's damage. Sadly, that's pretty much the only factor that makes the specialization competitive.

>

> ~edit~ Oh, and I've been winning some fights v. Mirage. **Holosmith on the other hand is pretty much unbeatable.**

>

...and mirage is pretty much unbeatable for rangers. The fact that you have trouble with one build out of well over a dozen being used right now isn't an indication that you're underpowered. It is _normal_. Scourges are helpless against marauder longbow rangers; does that mean that scourges are underpowered now? Or that rangers are overpowered?

The current state of Mesmer really disappoints me. In GW1 you could run Mes as lockdown or debuffer which was a unique role. These days, all you see are burst builds that require very little cleverness from a class supposedly dedicated to it. You do the same thing as everyone else in a slightly different way. Interrupts are way less impressive in a game with so much spam. Even power Mes has been dumbed down to an insane degree. The Confusion build is way worse than the Holo one imo because most of the damage comes in one instant whereas Holo damage is more spurred out with very obvious animations.

I'm sure Mes is like it is because of open world PvE, the lack of damage you have caused problems.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

>

Core mesmer can pull off that same combo FYI. Its nothing new to the game, but with ambush attacks mirage added another step you can perform to get off a bigger, but slower, burst this is true.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

> >

> > Yet Mirages are out there one shotting people out of stealth... So much for "Punch below it's weight", right?

>

> With what ? torch 4 , gs 2 , gs 4 blink F1 ?

>

> Wonder where the Mirage dmg comes from....

>

> Mirages use the same One shot mechanic as Mesmers always did ;) - ur comment just showed that u have 0% knowledge about Mirage itself.

>

> Just one example for u guys here ; i hav 1,9k power, 170% crit chance - playin hybrid mirage. With illu/domi/mirage my strongest F1's are rougly arround 2 k dmg per illusion, with 25 stacks might, meaning 8k damage in total ; when i manage to get 3 illusions, next to u , and all hit -> MELEE.

>

>

> I got 10k + crits today from several classes from 1200-1500 range...

> Some autohits did 4-6 k damage.

> Just got hit by 8k reaper shroud 2. Where's the problem?

Dude, look at your own stats, it is OBVIOUS you won't be pulling the numbers as someone running 2,4k power and 214% crit damage. You are saying you got a full Mind wrack to hit for a 8k total? Well, **I've gotten Mind wracks to hit 8k PER ILLUSION**. Hell, any self respecting Dom+Duel mesmer should be able to hit these numbers with zerker gear. But to say Mirage didn't brought anything to the burst is actually ridiculous... Did you know Jaunt actually do a respectable ammount of direct damage and spawn another illusion when traited with Self Deception? This actually make much easier to pull a full 3 illusion shatter combo without the need of having to summon Torch or the Greatsword Phantasm or running another clone summoning skill.

On top of that, Mirage also brought a Distortion-like dodge for mesmer (Which last .25 more than a regular dodge mind you) that allow you to evade attacking without interupting whatever you are doing (To not mention is also break stun and remove on condition when traited for it) and it also brought a very powerful mobility tool with Mirage Thrust, a 600 range leap that can be activated from Mirage Cloak and allow it to escape even when blink is on cooldown.

The majority of complaints about Mirage aren't just about the one shot capabilities. People already been one-shot by mesmer since long lost ages. The problem with Mirage is the fact that it not only made the whole thing easier, but it also added defensive tools that lower even further the risk of running such setup. It's the same problem people had with Daredevil and Unhindered Combatant. You transformed a High Risk x High Reward setup in Low Risk x High Reward.

Oh, and who is the one with 0% knowledge of Mirage again?

Dude reapers have none of the fun shit holo's have.

Holos, Mesmers, Thieves, Wars can all run about with all their mobility rotating like free spirits because the anet devs favor them. Going back and forth between points like its no big deal. No real cooldowns just running about, dealing massive damage in fights, not knowing what being cc'd feels like, shrugging off most condi's passively, etc.

Play a reaper. Just try it Anet.

> @TheDevice.2751 said:

> Dude reapers have none of the fun kitten holo's have.

>

> Holos, Mesmers, Thieves, Wars can all run about with all their mobility rotating like free spirits because the anet devs favor them. Going back and forth between points like its no big deal. No real cooldowns just running about, dealing massive damage in fights, not knowing what being cc'd feels like, shrugging off most condi's passively, etc.

>

> Play a reaper. Just try it Anet.

On the other hand, holosmiths don't have 40-60,000 effective health and boon corrupts, so there's still tradeoff. Not saying that reaper is better than holosmith (might be better, might be worse, might be about the same), just that your comparison is significantly one-sided and ignores the reaper's strengths over the holosmith.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> >

>

> Mirage is affected by a bug at the moment that increases it's damage. Sadly, that's pretty much the only factor that makes the specialization competitive.

>

> ~edit~ Oh, and I've been winning some fights v. Mirage. **Holosmith on the other hand is pretty much unbeatable.**

>

Poor you.

Scourge is unbeatable on Holo. Then again, necro has always been a thorn in engineer's side. Does that mean that all necros are overpowered?

> @BurrTheKing.8571 said:

> The current state of Mesmer really disappoints me. In GW1 you could run Mes as lockdown or debuffer which was a unique role. These days, all you see are burst builds that require very little cleverness from a class supposedly dedicated to it. You do the same thing as everyone else in a slightly different way. Interrupts are way less impressive in a game with so much spam. Even power Mes has been dumbed down to an insane degree. The Confusion build is way worse than the Holo one imo because most of the damage comes in one instant whereas Holo damage is more spurred out with very obvious animations.

>

> I'm sure Mes is like it is because of open world PvE, the lack of damage you have caused problems.

*I'd like to play an interrupt build. The high level of stability, block and resistance ( much of it passive ) makes such a build impractical at best.* Moa is largely useless for similar reasons. Boon Share Mesmer is sometimes seen in WvW with a voice coordinated group. There's also Alacrity support Chrono used in raids and sometimes in dungeons.

Realistically burst, ( either condi or power,) is the only generally good choice.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > **Mirage is currently affected by a damage bug. The reality is that it is punching below it's weight without that specific bug.** Sadly, Mesmer has been on the low end of the power scale for a majority of the life of GW2.

> > >

> > > Yet Mirages are out there one shotting people out of stealth... So much for "Punch below it's weight", right?

> >

> > Mirage is affected by a bug at the moment that increases it's damage. Sadly, that's pretty much the only factor that makes the specialization competitive.

> >

> > ~edit~ Oh, and I've been winning some fights v. Mirage. **Holosmith on the other hand is pretty much unbeatable.**

> >

>

> Poor you.

>

> Scourge is unbeatable on Holo. Then again, necro has always been a thorn in engineer's side. Does that mean that all necros are overpowered?

You're making a connection that doesn't exist. I would say that both Holo and Scourge are grossly overpowered at the moment. I'll admit, Scourge is more egregious than holo.