Winds of Disenchantment - 25/90

Evonet.1632

> @Miko.4158 said:

> it's an elite skill, and the purpose of 'spellbreaker'. The cast time is already a killer and it does no damage......

Oh? Let do a elite comparison.

Time Warp has 180s cd, 360 radius, 2s per boon interval

WOD has 90s, 360 radius, 1 boonstrip per 0.5s, boons prevention

Lesser cd than tw, completely nullify tw

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @SkyShroud.2865 said:

> > @Miko.4158 said:

> > it's an elite skill, and the purpose of 'spellbreaker'. The cast time is already a killer and it does no damage......

>

> Oh? Let do a elite comparison.

>

> Time Warp has 180s cd, 360 radius, 2s per boon interval

> WOD has 90s, 360 radius, 1 boonstrip per 0.5s, boons prevention

>

> Lesser cd than tw, completely nullify tw

And TW reduces enemy dps by 50% while increasing allied dps by 50% and cast at 1200 range, and the other strips boons and prevents reapplication (plus projectile block) while centred on the caster and with 6x the cast time. In either case, the defense is the same... walk out. WoD may or may not get nerfed on cd, but the main issue with it won't be solved by increasing the CD, it'll be by addressing its interaction with Enchantment Collapse.

I dont entirely agree with the arguments like "You can just dodge it, you can bait it out it has long cooldown".

I believe problem here is not WoD and its boon corrupt in a 1 v 1 or 5 v 5 scenarios, it can be observed better in a blob vs blob fight. Assuming that your commander dodged a bubble, there are still about 6-7 more warriors in a 60 ish man group. Now, please do not bring up "Commanders should be good enough to know the amount of enemy blob warriors and succesfully stall them out till they waste all their bubbles" , because it just sounds unreal . Thats just the first problem it causes. Unpredictability of blobs is a huge factor, because you cant really know how many bubbles they carry and when they will engage every time.

I am also going to adress its effectiveness in guild vs guild or guild vs blob case. The boonstrip can be really painful, amount of ranged cc's are too much that you can succesfully waste so much stab to just let a warrior rush in them and drop a bubble to wipe out rest of their boons. That being said, I have witnessed way too many times an organized group of 30 people effectively runs thru a full map blob with correct bubble placement . This should not happen, a group of 30 people shouldnt instantly wipe out a map blob by placing a single bubble that can wipeout the boons of a squad in less than a second. On a contrary situation, a blob doesnt have to worry much to send a warrior to drop bubble, and just kill a small group/guild within seconds. You have to remember here, warriors are not alone, bubble is followed up by shitton of cc and an unbearable amount of condi.

On the other side of this, guild vs guild is just plain more stressful that guild leaders are always afraid of pushing to not get caught off guard to not get wiped inside a bubble that entire gvg scenario came into a point where commanders are just circling around eachother waiting other commander to do a move first.

Factoring all these, the skill is plain stupidity that really disables the effective fun and long fights, where the side that drops bubble first most likely wins.

I've not seen 6-7 organised bubbles but it may be possible, most warriors die on cast so are very twitchy on when they fire it. Anet has already nerfed this by nerfing core stability on balanced stance so its now significantly more difficult to get mid blob and almost impossible to get out. Its high risk high reward, and like almost all warrior skills massive animations in case you missed it. Personally I think these drive the saltyness as people know they've been hit with it rather than checking their comnbat logs but meh. anet haven't nerfed it so don't see an issue . I don't see that many warriors now anyway ....

How it is:

Winds of Disenchantment (1s): Incoming boons are immediately removed.

Boons Removed: 1

Number of Targets: 10

Blocks Missiles

Duration: 10s

Interval: ½s

Radius: 360

Combo Field: Lightning

Unblockable

How it should works:

Winds of Disenchantment (1s): Incoming boons are immediately removed.

Boons Removed: 1

Number of Targets: 5

Duration: 10s

Interval: 1s

Radius: 240

Combo Field: Lightning

Unblockable

![](https://i.imgur.com/6VqroxI.jpg "")

ran 3 hours in eb today, saw one other SB in squad for about 30 mins.....

I reckon the other blob had 2-3 across the strecth. If it gets nerfed it'll be no warriors/sbs..

![](https://i.imgur.com/OmB8guG.jpg "")

still just me....

![](https://i.imgur.com/BwrNxRU.jpg "")

hooray an ickle friend!

:C they didnt stay

You post history says you are UW... with Vabbi atm. therefor, in other BL's, tonight, 1 guild of 20 was running 5 SB's, another was runing at least 4. Riverside monoblob covered the entire south-east corner of inner bay with bubbles. I don't do EB... No wonder many are happy with them bubbles - 1 organized push with bubble rotation into any of those blobs would wipe it in 20 seconds.

![](https://i.imgur.com/4MqtAoG.jpg "")

A single guild... do note it's not all the bubbles they had... but of course they don't use them all at once... just 3 at a time.

In Air lord room, they dropped 4, followed by 1 in a corner, followed by 2 in a corridor while pulling back.

And this is a guild that's good... proper good. A guild that once prided to not ride the condi meta when everyone jumped train.

It always ends the same way: mexican stand-off for 2 minutes, eventual push, WoD - Rebukes - Phase Smash - CoR gg. Ends in 10 seconds every time.

Here is a crazy idea for all the people complaining about losing their boons...how about not spamming them every chance you get. Maybe try paying attention and NOT STANDING IN THE CIRCLE, you know move away. Stop acting as if your groups should be able to have everyone stand next to each other, spam all their boons as soon as they can and not die. We finally have some counter play to that garbage, adapt and learn.

The colors do need to be changed though.

no guilds on here, ran bl and eb today in zergs saw 5 sbs full zerg at one point mostly 3. I often get 2 wod if its going back and forth, they aren't co-ordinated its just on timer.

no-one needs 3 on the front push 2 max. we've run sb guild parties in squad pre nerf say 8-10, but now don't bother. even then Wod is very difficult to co-ordinate, they all need to be on ts, they all need to be proficient in war, they not only need to know their rotation, but understand the push/timings/calls, aswell as placement (0 range) or they waste and overlap and crucially not die when they punch it. Been in plenty of bay fights like this its not 'organised' on 'rotation'. Very little is past full bomb/empower/stay with tag.

note the bubble is yours or the screen is pre nerf its black/grey/stupidly invis now. If I join 5 sbs in 20 I will screenshot it.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> Here is a crazy idea for all the people complaining about losing their boons...how about not spamming them every chance you get. Maybe try paying attention and NOT STANDING IN THE CIRCLE, you know move away. Stop acting as if your groups should be able to have everyone stand next to each other, spam all their boons as soon as they can and not die. We finally have some counter play to that garbage, adapt and learn.

>

> The colors do need to be changed though.

It's not all of the boons. It's just 3 of them. Stability, resistance and may be protection. Even people double dodging, swapping weapon for energy sigil still get rekt in seconds (that's with popping 1 or 2 stun breaks) because of high power creep is.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > Here is a crazy idea for all the people complaining about losing their boons...how about not spamming them every chance you get. Maybe try paying attention and NOT STANDING IN THE CIRCLE, you know move away. Stop acting as if your groups should be able to have everyone stand next to each other, spam all their boons as soon as they can and not die. We finally have some counter play to that garbage, adapt and learn.

> >

> > The colors do need to be changed though.

>

> It's not all of the boons. It's just 3 of them. Stability, resistance and may be protection. Even people double dodging, swapping weapon for energy sigil still get rekt in seconds (that's with popping 1 or 2 stun breaks) because of high power creep is.

When people die so quickly because of the loss of a few boons, that says a lot about their playstyle and their over reliance on boon spam for so long. If you want to stay competitive you learn and adapt. WvW is all about timing, positioning, movement, and proper maneuvering.

What I am personally sick of is watching an entire group ball up, spam boons and be unkillable. Now, that kind of playstyle can get them killed because finally there is some counterplay.