Halloween Event Leftovers

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I was in the game today and noticed a Halloween event door right in the center of Lion's Arch, near the storage agents and Mystic Forge.

>

> Don't worry, the team is aware of these little leftovers and will be removing them soon.

And I thought you were going to offer us a nitfy way of getting rid of all the extra foods and tonics and oils.

(More seriously: thanks for letting us know. I know people that would be having cows about this.)

Back about six months ago when I was still pretty new, I ran across a stone bridge somewhere, and suddenly saw a glob of candy corn sticking out of the side of the rock. I was like, "What???" but when I turned back to look again...it was gone.

Just warning you, some of that candy corn has escaped in the past and apparently gone feral. You may never be able to eradicate it all....I suspect a large, underground population exists, slowly increasing in number and waiting to burst forth and wreak havoc over Tyria.

Is there a candy corn elder dragon?

Thanks for the info, Gaile!

And, I too don't mind the candy corn nodes popping up. It would actually be kind of fun if they turned out to be real, and part of a larger plot. I mean, 250 years ago, the Mad King could only break into our world one day a year. Now, he's here for weeks. Obviously, things could change.

Or, maybe those nodes popping in and out of existence are really the netherworld's reaction to people using that potion to turn ambient creatures into candy cane creatures. That candy has to come from SOMEWHERE, doesn't it?

> @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > @Aaralyna.3104 said:

> > There are also candy corn nodes left in the world. Found some today in Brisban Wildlands. Not sure if intended they are there.

>

> These have been popping up all over the place since the very first halloween 5 years ago. I'm wondering if they're ever going to fix those.

Yeah. Outside the Halloween event, I see them on occasion in the open world. But they only appear for a second at most. Even if one appears next to you and you try to mine it immediately, nothing happens and the node just disappears.

The bug has been on the wiki for years: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raw_Candy_Corn

Bug: Since the end of Halloween 2014, Raw Candy Corn nodes may flash in-game and on the map for only a second at unknown times. These are not actual nodes and cannot be harvested.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Oh man, that's really rather exciting to know. Because honestly, who doesn't want a random, wandering candy corn node showing up when you least expect it, eh? ;)

Are the Candy Corn nodes that blink in and out of existence at random, normal for when Halloween isn't active?

> @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > @Aaralyna.3104 said:

> > There are also candy corn nodes left in the world. Found some today in Brisban Wildlands. Not sure if intended they are there.

>

> These have been popping up all over the place since the very first halloween 5 years ago. I'm wondering if they're ever going to fix those.

Do you ever achieved to farm any? For me, they were disappearing much too fast to allow for any mining. Anyone with a different experience at those?

Last year there was also a Mad Kings Herald NPC roaming around Lion's Arch yelling about the Mad Kings return well into November. I did report it, but then wondered if it was deliberate because, well, they are mad. Maybe they've decided time is subjective?

I kind of like the phantom candy corn nodes as well. Except when I'm collecting ore and one pops up on my mini map so I mouse over it to check what it is, or turn towards it or in any way indicate I'm aware of it's presence and then it vanishes. It happens rarely enough that in between sightings I forget it's candy corn and start wondering what's happened to the node.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > @"Miss Lana.5276" said:

> > > @Aaralyna.3104 said:

> > > There are also candy corn nodes left in the world. Found some today in Brisban Wildlands. Not sure if intended they are there.

> >

> > These have been popping up all over the place since the very first halloween 5 years ago. I'm wondering if they're ever going to fix those.

>

> Do you ever achieved to farm any? For me, they were disappearing much too fast to allow for any mining. Anyone with a different experience at those?

I don't think you can. Sometimes I've actually seen the node itself, not just the symbol on the map. But, the one time I was next to one, I couldn't harvest it. I could only view it.

> @Aaralyna.3104 said:

> I wasn't talking about candy corn nodes that disappear if you touch them. I could actually fully mine them (just like in the event)

I would like that, especially if they have lore to explain it. But, I think it's a bug that they can't identify, so they have no control over it. And, if I were them reading this thread, I wouldn't look to hard for a fix.

> @Alatar.7364 said:

> I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

> Last Year, I was so, so much Confused about the random Candy Corn Node Pop-Ups that I almost believed I am going Crazy. This is actually kind of a relief.

People suggested that they're in the game to confuse gathering bots and people alike. I am writing this from a mental asylum – the random nodes popping up disturbed me just enough for my therapist to calm me again, but once halloween started I developed PTSD from all of those nodes…

nevermind. find me ingame.