How did our character survive [Spoiler]

> @Astralporing.1957 said:

> Aegis, of course.

>

> Also, the same as with Abaddon's death - someone else was there to absorb most of that energy.

>

> (seems like a repeating pattern - we do the hard job, just for someone else to show up and reap all the benefits)

It could be worse. I mean, Kasmeer could have just as easily become the sixth member of the pantheon.

> @Westenev.5289 said:

> > @Astralporing.1957 said:

> > Aegis, of course.

> >

> > Also, the same as with Abaddon's death - someone else was there to absorb most of that energy.

> >

> > (seems like a repeating pattern - we do the hard job, just for someone else to show up and reap all the benefits)

>

> It could be worse. I mean, Kasmeer could have just as easily become the sixth member of the pantheon.

Yes. It _could_ be worse. My bet with friends about balthy's replacement was on _Braham_. I'm soo glad that didn't happen. Yet, anyway.

> @Westenev.5289 said:

> > @Sarpan.9074 said:

> > Thank you for the freakin' spoiler. You know, there are some who haven't played through the POF story yet.

>

> My sympathies, but if you want a spoiler free experience, might I suggest you play the game instead of reading about it on the forums two months after said expansion hit.

Well, excuse me for not having as much time to play the game as some people and for popping onto the forum every now and then to get information only to have a thread topic in my face giving away the conclusion of the POF story.

Sheesh.

> @Sarpan.9074 said:

> > @Westenev.5289 said:

> > > @Sarpan.9074 said:

> > > Thank you for the freakin' spoiler. You know, there are some who haven't played through the POF story yet.

> >

> > My sympathies, but if you want a spoiler free experience, might I suggest you play the game instead of reading about it on the forums two months after said expansion hit.

>

> Well, excuse me for not having as much time to play the game as some people and for popping onto the forum every now and then to get information only to have a thread topic in my face giving away the conclusion of the POF story.

>

> Sheesh.

Joko killed Zhaitan. That's the spoiler.

> @Jheo.3015 said:

> well, I think my character used distortion and teleport.

>

> *It´s like most action/ sci-fi movies where the hero no matter how many bullets you throw at it, never seem to get hit on a vital spot.

As Obi-Wan said, "Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise." Followed by numerous scenes where Imperial Stormtroopers can't seem to hit a main character standing in the open.

I think that the plot-armour field around a main character is so amazingly dense that it warps space and time around them causing shots and explosions to deflect onto other, secondary, characters. These deflections are especially likely to hit those who have created a weaker plot-armour field by sharing personal details (e.g. names or pictures of fiances/fiancees/children/pets) or future plans (e.g. getting married when I get back, X days to retirement, I just bought a boat etc.).

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> We are more powerful than a god, as proven in that episode. The energy contained within said god, then, is less potent than are we.

Don't forget that we were defeated once already by Balthazar, it was only with the power of Sohothin and Aurene's aid that we were able to defeat him. So we are in fact a lot less powerful than a god, and even less powerful than an ex-god who lost much of his power.

> @Zaklex.6308 said:

> > @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> > Balthazar did not explode, he burned out like matchstick, and Kralkatorrik absorbed all the magic that seeped out as he burned.

> >

> > We killed him with a fiery sword, after all. He may have exploded if the other gods fought him and there was nothing there to contain the magic, but we fought fire with fire, and with a massive magic vacuum in front of us, which was probably the only way to defeat him without creating another Desolation.

>

> You are not entirely correct, Kralkatorrik did not absorb ALL of the magic that came out of Balthzar, some of it was absorbed by Aurene herself, in case you didn't notice the magic flowing into here when she was floating in the air during the cutscene, that is what accelerated her growth in to what appears to be the same size as Vlast was. My guess is that it was a 80/20 split between Kralk and Aurene, or somewhere around those numbers, guestimating of course.

I did forget that after the cinematic she was floating in the air absorbing several orbs o a yellowish magic. Although I do not remember her growing at that moment. I only remember seeing her larger later in the final story cinematic, but that growth was likely due to the magic she absorbed as you say.

But the point still stands. Rather than exploding, Balthazar breaks and burns like a matchstick, and with just a flash, the magic leaks out and gets absorbed.

to be honest our characters are effectively superhuman. we also survived the explosion of the earth elemental.

While our characters are clearly not as powerfull as ingame stats. Like no human in lore is as tanky as an some bunker build. like lorewise we don't take several headshots, and giant ass greaswords swings in the face, we also do not take several decapitates but lets not kids ourselves our characters are not just people like u and me running in armour. i bet most of us would not even be able to wear such equipment and move around aside from the incredibly basic and maby a onehanded sword and a dagger.

we swing giant ass greatswords, run with heavy armour. we are the same guys that in lore can actually tango with dragon champions. I mean your sylvari character beats the shadow of the dragon.

I'd say that in combination with kralkatorrik and aurene absorbing the magic, we prolly had a portion migigated.

The center might've probably been the safest spot in the whole thing when I think about it.

Just went through the final mission to help a friend complete it.

While yeah a lot of the outer areas got pushed outward and got some damage done, the main platform seems completely fine.

Probably like that whole theory (or is it fact now?) of being the safest in the center of a tornado, but if you were anywhere around the outer area... you're screwed.

That and Aurene and Kralk took a good bit of Balthazar's energy.