Request: cancel stealth

Cynz.9437

I would post it in pvp section but it does affect wvw and sometimes pve as well.

Request: let us cancel stealth effect on own character by say right clicking on the stealth buff and canceling effect prematurely.

Reasoning: in pvp it does happen sometimes, when you need to contest point or say cap/decap it, you still have stealth effect on you when you actually don't need it. Certainly you could attack something to drop it but there is not always target in there or it would require extra resources you don't want to waste. Same applies for wvw.

Also it does affect thieves in a lot of way due to CD put on stealth attacks which automatically puts CD on AA. By canceling stealth one could at least gain access to AA without wasting resources on it.

> @paShadoWn.5723 said:

> It can be solved by calculating the stealth length when running to a point but i agree, pressing auto-attack button to cancel stealth would be convenient.

That would be possible if you know all variables and you are the one applying stealth. Sometimes you gain it from other players and often has no/limited control over it.

I did not ask for canceling stealth via AA.... i asked for player to be able to remove the buff from themselves on click on the buff icon.

As far as AA canceling stealth (assuming you did not hit anything) it can be very wonky, i don't think it is good idea. It has been the case when BS was bugged for couple days and it got fixed very quickly. In case of thief i would replace stealth attack with AA while stealth attack is on CD.

in PvE stealth can be really annoying and works horrible, in PvE stealth is a part of the game but only when certain requirements are met.

go stand in the bushes and nothing happened, in PvE that is exactly the place where stealth should always work.

in terms of mechanics stealth lets enemies run back to their spawn place and that is not always the best place to reattack.

IMO for PvE they should rework it entirely, they said that (even since before launch) you can interact with the environment, it's time they go further then just picking up a branch.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> Go on a point to capture it, friendly thief comes along and uses SR (probably miss clicked?) then we both wait for the stealth to be removed to actually capture the point. Happens a lot actually and a way to break stealth faster would be really nice.

Happens as well with engis gyro.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> Go on a point to capture it, friendly thief comes along and uses SR (probably miss clicked?) then we both wait for the stealth to be removed to actually capture the point. Happens a lot actually and a way to break stealth faster would be really nice.

But SR actually does have a way to break stealth faster.