I Want Alternatives to Raiding

Ordin.9047

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Healix.5819 said:

> > They could finally fix Zhaitan for example by turning it into a raid boss.

>

> That's a terrible idea because nobody would care at this point. If they make a raid out of existing content it will be as if it doesn't exist. Just see the massively revamped fractals that players don't put on their list of "new fractals" although gameplay-wise they are completely different.

Swampland comes to mind, you're right.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Lunateric.3708 said:

> > @Ellisande.5218 said:

> > > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > > > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > > > I think you already have the alternative to raiding. It's called "No raiding"...

> > > >

> > > > Cool... so they should sell the raids separately so those that don't want them don't have to pay for them.

> > >

> > > No one is paying for raids.

> >

> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

> >

> > Everyone pays for raids because developing raids costs money as people have to design, implement, test, redesign, reimplement, rinse and repeat. That takes time and time costs money.

> >

> > Also, items are locked inside raids even though not everyone enjoys raiding. So that's just fing kitten. The only people who truly believe that is fair are the people who enjoy raiding. There is NO reason why items should be locked in raids only. If you complain that raiders wouldn't have any reason to raid without raid only items then you've just proven that you don't really want raids and so the devs could save a lot of money by stopping developing raids since no one really wants to do them.

>

> There are items locked behind dungeons, fractals, PvP and WvW too, exclusive ONLY to that content. And guess what?, that's fine.

Dont forget that open world pve has exclusive rewards as well.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > It is not free. You must log in to the game while the episode is current to unlock it and you cannot play it unless you own PoF.

>

> You don't need to own PoF to unlock it, you need to own PoF to play it.

Yes, that is exactly what I said. It is still not free. You cannot play it unless you buy PoF, and if you're new and start playing GW2 after the second episode comes out then you have to buy episode one directly. It's only unlockable for free until its "run period" is over.

> @Hooglese.4860 said:

> > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > Fractals, Dungeons, WvW, PvP, World Bosses, Achievements and Collections.

> > There you go, alternatives.

> > Now if you want easier content with the same level rewards, that makes no sense does it?

> >

> > An easy mode with less rewards (like only Legendary Insights for last boss, and less Magnetite shards) could be a way to introduce people into raids.

> >

> > But, even though i'm in no way someone that could be identified as a Raider (although my guild are starting to get into the content, early as you can see), i don't think it's worth discussing other alternatives for raids.

> >

>

> For me, at least, I can't get into raids because the price of the gear you need to go into raids with, is higher than you can get with the above. On top of that, the higher demand for raiding/ascended gear with the right stats increases the price of the materials you need. If you don't raid, then it will take a month or so to get the gear you need, and if anet nerfs the class you were gearing up, then you just wasted a couple hundred gold gearing up your revenant and then they nerf Herald and you have to start from scratch, because anet has a vendetta against me. Maybe that's just my experience and doesn't apply to the general population.

>

> Also, I totally agree with the easy mode/need for a mid point for difficulty cause Dungeons have gotten too easy, fractals are only really done for dailies anymore (also super repetitive), world bosses can basically be done AFK, and the others don't provide loot for kitten. A hard mode for dungeons would also work, or some kind of "solo reward" where doing events/world bosses/dungeons alone gives an additional reward.

>

> Idk, there needs to be a system to get people into raids, because the best way to get the loot you need for raids, is by raiding.

You dont have to start over from scratch since both warrior and guardian share armor and trinkets even some weapons so at most you have to replace 3-4 weapons.

Edit

I geared my 5 out of 6 of my classes with random owpve/fractal, map farming/ascended boxes only.

> @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > It is not free. You must log in to the game while the episode is current to unlock it and you cannot play it unless you own PoF.

> >

> > You don't need to own PoF to unlock it, you need to own PoF to play it.

>

> Yes, that is exactly what I said. It is still not free. You cannot play it unless you buy PoF, and if you're new and start playing GW2 after the second episode comes out then you have to buy episode one directly. It's only unlockable for free until its "run period" is over.

30$ every 2 years is not something to complain about. Sorry but developers need food for themselves and their children too (and yes, I'm intentionally using their family to garner sympathy because that's what it comes down to, developers having to make a living off of their product).

I do agree though that Living World Story is not free, it's a payed product which graciously has a very long time frame during which it gets offered as a reward to active players. I also do not see this as a problem since continued development deserves continued support in my opinion.

The raid content has been out for over a year now it's time to nerf it in some way like they do in all mmo's that have raids. Simplest solution to all of this is to remove the boss timer. None of the elite area's in gw1 had boss timers, I don't know why they don't just remove it, if someone wants to plink away at the boss with full nomad's gear for an hour then they deserve the kill. It's time to open raids up and stop this nonsense.

> @Ordin.9047 said:

> Moving title contents here: Please give the 80% of us who don't raid more to do than

>

> An hour worth of living story and a bunch of grind.

What else do you need, You got OW meta which encompasses alot. You got spvp and wvw. You have dungeons, jump puzzles, bounty hunts. Fractals aswell.

So idk what your asking for, if you don't like raiding you certainly don't like hard content so idk where your coming from bro..

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> > @Ordin.9047 said:

> > Moving title contents here: Please give the 80% of us who don't raid more to do than

> >

> > An hour worth of living story and a bunch of grind.

>

> What else do you need, You got OW meta which encompasses alot. You got spvp and wvw. You have dungeons, jump puzzles, bounty hunts. Fractals aswell.

> So idk what your asking for, if you don't like raiding you certainly don't like hard content so idk where your coming from bro..

raids are easy, talking to people and convincing them to let you in is the impossible task.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > @Ordin.9047 said:

> > > Moving title contents here: Please give the 80% of us who don't raid more to do than

> > >

> > > An hour worth of living story and a bunch of grind.

> >

> > What else do you need, You got OW meta which encompasses alot. You got spvp and wvw. You have dungeons, jump puzzles, bounty hunts. Fractals aswell.

> > So idk what your asking for, if you don't like raiding you certainly don't like hard content so idk where your coming from bro..

>

> raids are easy, talking to people and convincing them to let you in is the impossible task.

They are easy, but relative to content in this game its much harder which is why i am assuming he dislikes it. Now if you asked me is raiding hard relative to MMO's in general i would say no its pretty easy.

> @Lunateric.3708 said:

> > @Ellisande.5218 said:

> > > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > > > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > > > I think you already have the alternative to raiding. It's called "No raiding"...

> > > >

> > > > Cool... so they should sell the raids separately so those that don't want them don't have to pay for them.

> > >

> > > No one is paying for raids.

> >

> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

> >

> > Everyone pays for raids because developing raids costs money as people have to design, implement, test, redesign, reimplement, rinse and repeat. That takes time and time costs money.

> >

> > Also, items are locked inside raids even though not everyone enjoys raiding. So that's just fing kitten. The only people who truly believe that is fair are the people who enjoy raiding. There is NO reason why items should be locked in raids only. If you complain that raiders wouldn't have any reason to raid without raid only items then you've just proven that you don't really want raids and so the devs could save a lot of money by stopping developing raids since no one really wants to do them.

>

> There are items locked behind dungeons, fractals, PvP and WvW too, exclusive ONLY to that content. And guess what?, that's fine.

No it isn't. I argue that no equipment/visual/story content should be locked behind any non soloable type of content that not everyone enjoys or participates in.

Also, dungeons, fractals and raids are fundamentally all the same in the way that players and NPCs interact, how players have to interact with the content, the way the content is designed and how the npcs all use cheat codes to have unrealistic stats and unrealistic immunities. I hate them all.

If you enjoy the content then you would be engaging with that content regardless of the reward or lack of reward. If you only engage with that content BECAUSE of the reward then you don't enjoy the content and making content that people don't actually enjoy in and of itself is a waste of dev resources. The devs would be much better off devoting their time to making something that is truly unique and which provides an experience that doesn't yet exist in the game at present.

> @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > > > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > > > > @mazut.4296 said:

> > > > > > I think you already have the alternative to raiding. It's called "No raiding"...

> > > > >

> > > > > Cool... so they should sell the raids separately so those that don't want them don't have to pay for them.

> > > >

> > > > No one is paying for raids.

> > >

> > > Yes, we are. They aren't developed by a team of volunteers.

> >

> > You were not charged for the raids. You were charged for the base game and/or any expansions you bought. No where in the latest expansion's description do I see raids.

>

> Since the raids were announced as part of the expansion I was charged for them.

POF doesn't mention raids being included.

> The raid content has been out for over a year now it's time to nerf it in some way like they do in all mmo's that have raids. Simplest solution to all of this is to remove the boss timer. None of the elite area's in gw1 had boss timers, I don't know why they don't just remove it, if someone wants to plink away at the boss with full nomad's gear for an hour then they deserve the kill. It's time to open raids up and stop this nonsense.

Well how good for us that GW2 has broken with so many traditions that breaking with this one should not be a problem.

Also raids have become significantly easier even if not desired by arenanet by simple way of powercreep with PoF. There, you got what you asked for.

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > @Ordin.9047 said:

> > > Moving title contents here: Please give the 80% of us who don't raid more to do than

> > >

> > > An hour worth of living story and a bunch of grind.

> >

> > What else do you need, You got OW meta which encompasses alot. You got spvp and wvw. You have dungeons, jump puzzles, bounty hunts. Fractals aswell.

> > So idk what your asking for, if you don't like raiding you certainly don't like hard content so idk where your coming from bro..

>

> raids are easy, talking to people and convincing them to let you in is the impossible task.

Wait, you just asked for raids to be made easier. Yet they are easy already? I'm confused.

People who have followed your posts over the last 2 weeks can make out very easy why you are having a hard time finding people who want to play with you.

In the meantime, there is enough guilds who raid and raiding guilds who are constantly looking for new players. Some of them regularly advertise on the official forums.

Literally tons of things to do in this game. There is seriously no lack of things to do outside of raiding and if (IF) you have done everything else in PvE (collections and achievements, etc) there are fractals and dungeons and WvW and PvP to break up the monotony. Fact is, if you want harder content in something other than raids then its on you to challenge yourself with the available content. Play it at a handicap, run stuff solo, try it all without the HUD running, etc.

I don't raid as its not my cup of tea and the people that raid often also tend to not be the ones I'd try to run with. I am opposed to DPS meters or trying to speed run these things. I play to have fun and raids just don't give that to me.

Now if you DO want to do raids but aren't doing it because of the raid community, then try to find a chill guild that just wants to run them for fun. I know they exist.

> @Ordin.9047 said:

> Moving title contents here: Please give the 80% of us who don't raid more to do than

I keep saying that it's a waste just doing maps for raids when they could design the maps as open world PvE maps then use a copy instanced down without PvE content for raids. The premise for the raids could be an elite strike team entering unknown territory to follow the raid story along with establishing encampments and waypoints. If they did it this way they could double the amount of raids they release and PvE players would get the post-raid maps as a normal PvE map.

To keep raid players in the dark about much of the map contents and location they could instance it down to just the raid area, not let it show on the world map, only have raid entry from the aerodrome, add environmental and lighting effects to further obfuscate the map.

If they did it this way every other Living World map could be done as a raid map in advance of it becoming a Living World PvE map. The best examples are PACT encampments in place on the HoT maps. Many of which were established prior to the player's story picking up there. From a story timeline perspective the raid map instance would be set a day or so before the PvE open world version of the map.

> @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > @mazut.4296 said:

> > I think you already have the alternative to raiding. It's called "No raiding"...

>

> Cool... so they should sell the raids separately so those that don't want them don't have to pay for them.

So people that dont care about PvP o> @Joxer.6024 said:

> > @MyriadStars.5679 said:

> > > @Myhr.9108 said:

> >

> > > As for raiding, yeaaaaaah, to each their own...It's ok to have them, but "been there, done that" in others MMOs. It's a mindset, an investment, an experience. I honestly think the hardest part in raiding will always be finding 9 other people willing to block one or two evenings each week for 2-3 hours non-stop, and this for a period of several months, aka, it's an irl-organisation challenge, and most people can't or don't want to invest themselves that much, it's just how it is.

> >

> > I agree. Been there and done that in vanilla WOW. We had to block at least 3 evenings every week, and spend 5-6 hours per evening, so it's more time commitment. However, later it became impossible for me to make such a time commitment. For the same reason, I have been staying away from raids in GW2. I believe that 90% of the raiders will eventually have to give up raiding, due to a challenging job, parenting, and all other sorts of commitments needed in real life.

> >

> >

>

> Bingo! You both nailed it. #1 thing that kills most raid squads...real life. I to was that crazy committed raider with 3 days a week and countless hours, only to then wipe and have to start again...arrrrggggghh!!! Good times!!

>

For GW2 raids this amount of time per week seems kinda absurd. My personal experience is basically 2-3 hours per week for a full clear and thats it.The average time for experienced groups are 2-3 hours tbh, progression raids are way too subjective in terms of time and change from group to group.