Resplendent Avialan raptor Feedback

> @Anchoku.8142 said:

> Quick math lesson.

>

> 2000 gems buys 16 Black chest keys, which should provide 1 or 2 Black Lion claim tickets.

>

> How is a guaranteed mount skin that much different?

It isn't. Both of these things are overpriced. One of them is an overpriced direct transaction, and the other is an overpriced loot box that drops 1/10 of an item.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Actually... has anyone seen anybody in that new raptor skin? Except for the Dulfy video, I haven't seen anyone with it.

> That Mecha Ram Jackal I've seen at least like... maybe 5 or so people total with it since it's release.

I was gaming all day yesterday in GW2, mostly in the new LS4 (so everyone playing had PoF and mounts) and didn't see the new skin once.

> @Nikal.4921 said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"Kate Soulguard.7132" said:

> > >

> > > The price is insane. I'm not spending another dime of real money in the gemstore.

> >

> > Respectfully, if we spend our gems on lower-priced items, that will show ANet what we're interested in. I buy discounted items a lot, bought the Spooky Day mounts pack (5 skins for 1600 gems), for example.

> >

> >

> Between the RNG and overpriced mount skins, I had pretty much decided I was going to stick with purchasing discounted store items (I, too, purchased the Spooky mount bundle). To show what I think of as prices on the more reasonable end. That gem store has been feeling a little crazy lately what with the mount skins and those overpriced bundles.

Yeah! I bought 2 Storage expansions last week, but i'm not touching any of the other stuff until i see changes. Also, i can't in good faith advise my friends to play GW2 anymore, they know that something i praise is usually fair microtransactions, and right now, GW2's gem store is getting a bit greedy for my taste.

> @PopeUrban.2578 said:

> > @Anchoku.8142 said:

> > Quick math lesson.

> >

> > 2000 gems buys 16 Black chest keys, which should provide 1 or 2 Black Lion claim tickets.

> >

> > How is a guaranteed mount skin that much different?

>

> It isn't. Both of these things are overpriced. One of them is an overpriced direct transaction, and the other is an overpriced loot box that drops 1/10 of an item.

Actually **IT IS**. I have 13 Black lion keys on my inventory, i used 16 on PoF release, and didn't buy any of those. You can easily earn keys ingame, but you can't earn mount skins in-game.

This is the major problem with guild wars and why it fails to keep a lot of players motivated. **They constantly channel all the stuff that could be used as cool in-game rewards towards the gem store and black lion chests.** And the majority of the rest of the comparable stuff are gated behind gold-sinks. There's really not many in-game rewards that can't be used by arena net as a source of income.

IE The Griffon: Gem prices plummeted at the launch of PoF, sure a part of that would have been from the influx of Gems from Ultimate editions, but i'm willing to bet that people buying gold from gems was also a major contributing factor.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> * **Option 1:** Gamble for skins at a slightly discounted price of 400 gems each. You may get something you like cheaply, or something you hate and feel you wasted the money, or something that's just ok.

> * **Option 2:** Buy a bundle for 2,000 gems (400 each). No choice but no RNG either.

> * **Option 3:** Pay more to choose specific skins - you're absolutely guaranteed to get the one you pick and only have to pay for that, but it will cost more.

> * **Option 4:** Buy a premium skin at a premium price.

If the mount releases had all four of these available for a given skin, I could support elevated gem costs. And the adoption license wouldn't feel so exploitative.

Admittedly, 400 gems ($5) is a bit much for a randomized mount skin, but if that's the RNG Discount when the other skins are released for higher (say 600-700 for reskins, 1200 for more elaborate/unique ones), *while* their individual offers are available at a static price for a limited time, *and* there may be a discount package available, then I would be okay with it. These 2000-gem skins ought to be simultaneously introduced into the adoption model.

Because choices are good.

i feel like they just used the license to give out their mount skins they barely worked on and want to get the highest proce possible for a skin they had to rework, not that it makes the skin any more worth it.

for now Anet needs to wake up, i work in a second hand store and the one way to sell many is to price stuff at a reasonable price.

you can sell one table for 50 euros or sell 5 for 20 euros, all together makes profit.

if Anet does the same then their profit would go allot higher, plenty of prove in the world that this tactic works every single time.

I honestly don't give a shit of mount skins. It's the most useless thing in this game. It doesn't change game mechanics or experience, and I will never understand why people are so upset about this useless shit when we just got a new area, new fractal, new raid, new story for free. Are you really that immature? I really start to think that a part of the GW2 community is just whiny little babies.

You like it, buy it, you don't like it, don't buy it. Vote with your fucking wallet.

Why didn't they just make a actual Peacock instead of a Raptor/Peacock. Seems a bit pricy for a skin using the same model as the base skin and then just making a few changes on it. :/

Could you (Anet) actually try to make a skin not using the same model of the base skins, thank you. :/

And could you also give the base skins 4 dye channels, thank you. :/

> @CaboSoul.1204 said:

> Why didn't they just make a actual Peacock instead of a Raptor/Peacock. Seems a bit pricy for a skin using the same model as the base skin and then just making a few changes on it. :/

>

> Could you (Anet) actually try to make a skin not using the same model of the base skins, thank you. :/

>

> And could you also give the base skins 4 dye channels, thank you. :/

Because of the masteries. Unlike other games where mounts are pretty much just movement tools. In GW2 they're tied to masteries, and such. So they can't really create new mounts on a whim, so they're sold as only skins.

Which is one of the reasons why mounts on other MMORPGs can be sold at higher apparent values, because they're actual individual items, not a skin for another item.

In the end it's the exact same thing, but perception of value is different.

> @Matick.4132 said:

> > @Ashen.2907 said:

>

> > "Ever since," what?

>

> Since the beginning of RPGs!

>

> Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

Sorry, it looked as if you had forgotten to finish the sentence so I sought clarification.

The earliest RPGs had little customization, other than the ability to describe your character however you liked. But it is a much bigger aspect of the genre today. Which is wby monetizing it works. It allows people to pay for what they want while minimizing the requirement to pay for what they dont. I buy the cosmetics that appeal to me and ignore those that dont.

> @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> BTW why was this outrage not with the other 2000gems mount skin? Most people forgot that together with the adoption license they also sold this forged jackal skin for 2k gems.

>

> Also, what I always wanted to know, how can Dulfy afford all skins that the game releases?

It was there. You just missed it.

When the RNG box bundle and 2k skin mount first releases, BUNCH of people protested it.

> @Ashen.2907 said:

>

> Merchandising and licensing for hollywood movies are the equivalent of microtransaction, as are the snacks sold in the theater.

>

> Even so, my point was that you were comparing GW2, which charges $50 for, potentially, thousands ot hours of use, to movies, for which we are exlected to pay $7.50 per hour. If GW2 were to match its pricing to that of a major blockbuster one might be expected to pay (some people speak of many thousands of hours of play time) tens of thousands of dollars.

>

> And no one is forced to spend real money on gems. I dont know what a "frood" is, but I have a job and a family and have the ability, if I choose, to convert gold to gems to buy what I want from the gemstore.

* The last one: dunno how you spend your days, I don't know you, but I can't spend 2hrs or more grinding gold everyday. And to be honest, no one likes grinding anyway.

* _A frood needs to be googled, it's a very secretive cult!_ ^^

To the micro/hollywood thingy.

Hey, if you tell it like this. Then everything in the world of capitalism becomes a microtransaction. Hell it's a euphemism nowadays anyway.

And in your math you leave *'scaling'* out of the equation and make it sound like a few ppl are caring the major investment needed to produce a multimillion dollar production. Scaling is why the whale theory blossomed so much.

But you can do intelligent scaling and you can do stupid scaling, the latter one is when you let the cash department run your business rather then the creative one, but this is a whole topic on it's own.

Back to the comparison:

It's not 50$. If we're talking fans, then we're talking up to 80$ payed for the 'fan editions' with every expansion, too. That's scaling.

And again, some merch, even digital merch like skins and stuff bought through the gemshop, too. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with overpriced stuff that you can only obtain in the gemshop and not getting such kind via hard earned achievements or loot from a slayed dragon or so – and especially you can derail my mood when we're talking Lootboxes. ;)

> @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> Well.. hate to say we told ya so to all those whining about the adopt licence system.. you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each safe in the knowledge that you would never get duplicates and an increasing chance to get the skin you most desired out of the packs.

> Now it seems increasingly likely that all were going to see is a constant stream of high price skins of no better quality than what the packs offered...

>

> 2000 gems for a single skin is simply crazy silly, so yeah like others have said... I will do my talking with my wallet.

>

> Enjoy!

There's no basis for any of this. First, for practical purposes, what was offered was spending an average of probably a couple of thousand gems to get the skin you want, not 400. Next, there's no reason to believe that we're about to get a 'constant stream of high price skins'. My guess is the next package will be winters day skins comparable to the Holloween ones.

If everyone just waits, I'm betting that a year from now there will be all kinds of skins available, at varying price ranges.

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> > @Matick.4132 said:

> > > @Ashen.2907 said:

> >

> > > "Ever since," what?

> >

> > Since the beginning of RPGs!

> >

> > Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

>

> you have never played zelda have you......

And you probably didn't play Diablo or any other RPG?!

That's whataboutism, sry.

So, you don't know me, so don't make any false assumptions on what I've played or not. ;)

And: Yes, of course you'll find examples of any kind of style, but the majority is about individualism and reliving the story through your character.

That's why it is so much fun to do role-play, isn't it? :)

> @Matick.4132 said:

> > @sorudo.9054 said:

> > > @Matick.4132 said:

> > > > @Ashen.2907 said:

> > >

> > > > "Ever since," what?

> > >

> > > Since the beginning of RPGs!

> > >

> > > Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

> >

> > you have never played zelda have you......

>

> And you probably didn't play Diablo or any other RPG?!

> That's whataboutism, sry.

> So, you don't know me, so don't make any false assumptions on what I've played or not. ;)

>

> And: Yes, of course you'll find examples of any kind of style, but the majority is about individualism and reliving the story through your character.

> That's why it is so much fun to do role-play, isn't it? :)

that's not the point, you state that customization is THE most vital part of any RPG which is false.

i used zelda as example because you can't customize anything at all yet it remains an RPG, customization is just a part of new RPG's.

FYI, i have played diablo, i played plenty of RPG's to know the difference.

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> > @Matick.4132 said:

> > > @Ashen.2907 said:

> >

> > > "Ever since," what?

> >

> > Since the beginning of RPGs!

> >

> > Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

>

> you have never played zelda have you......

Still don't get why people still call Zelda an RPG when it's not.

> @Matick.4132 said:

> > @Ashen.2907 said:

> >

> > Merchandising and licensing for hollywood movies are the equivalent of microtransaction, as are the snacks sold in the theater.

> >

> > Even so, my point was that you were comparing GW2, which charges $50 for, potentially, thousands ot hours of use, to movies, for which we are exlected to pay $7.50 per hour. If GW2 were to match its pricing to that of a major blockbuster one might be expected to pay (some people speak of many thousands of hours of play time) tens of thousands of dollars.

> >

> > And no one is forced to spend real money on gems. I dont know what a "frood" is, but I have a job and a family and have the ability, if I choose, to convert gold to gems to buy what I want from the gemstore.

>

> * The last one: dunno how you spend your days, I don't know you, but I can't spend 2hrs or more grinding gold everyday. And to be honest, no one likes grinding anyway.

>

> * _A frood needs to be googled, it's a very secretive cult!_ ^^

>

> To the micro/hollywood thingy.

> Hey, if you tell it like this. Then everything in the world of capitalism becomes a microtransaction. Hell it's a euphemism nowadays anyway.

> And in your math you leave *'scaling'* out of the equation and make it sound like a few ppl are caring the major investment needed to produce a multimillion dollar production. Scaling is why the whale theory blossomed so much.

> But you can do intelligent scaling and you can do stupid scaling, the latter one is when you let the cash department run your business rather then the creative one, but this is a whole topic on it's own.

>

> Back to the comparison:

> It's not 50$. If we're talking fans, then we're talking up to 80$ payed for the 'fan editions' with every expansion, too. That's scaling.

> And again, some merch, even digital merch like skins and stuff bought through the gemshop, too. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with overpriced stuff that you can only obtain in the gemshop and not getting such kind via hard earned achievements or loot from a slayed dragon or so – and especially you can derail my mood when we're talking Lootboxes. ;)

I worked 60 hours last week. 75 the week before. I expect 50-60 hours per week for the rest of the year. I also have other time intensive hobbies, and a disabled wife to care for. I do not farm 2 hours every day. I dont really have time to farm if I am going to have time to play the game. I rarely grind, and rarely buy gems with real money. I play the game for fun, trade gold for gems periodically, and buy what I like from the gemstore. I suppose if I wanted everything in the gemstore Id have to buy more gems.

But that is the beauty of this system. I pay for what I like. I get to avoid paying for what I dislike. Sure some of these transactions are not very micro, but this game is still a much better entertainment bargain than hollywood movies. In order to get a similar number of hours of entertainment out of seeing movies in the theater as I have from GW2 it would cost me between 20 and 30 thousand dollars. And the movie theaters would try to sell me add-ons, in the form of souvenirs and snacks, to ehnance my enjoyment of the movies.

I am right there with you when it comes to gamble boxes. Hate them.

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> > @Matick.4132 said:

> > > @sorudo.9054 said:

> > > > @Matick.4132 said:

> > > > > @Ashen.2907 said:

> > > >

> > > > > "Ever since," what?

> > > >

> > > > Since the beginning of RPGs!

> > > >

> > > > Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

> > >

> > > you have never played zelda have you......

> >

> > And you probably didn't play Diablo or any other RPG?!

> > That's whataboutism, sry.

> > So, you don't know me, so don't make any false assumptions on what I've played or not. ;)

> >

> > And: Yes, of course you'll find examples of any kind of style, but the majority is about individualism and reliving the story through your character.

> > That's why it is so much fun to do role-play, isn't it? :)

>

> that's not the point, you state that customization is THE most vital part of any RPG which is false.

> i used zelda as example because you can't customize anything at all yet it remains an RPG, customization is just a part of new RPG's.

>

> FYI, i have played diablo, i played plenty of RPG's to know the difference.

You can read it again up there, or down below:

_'Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)'_

Pls read thoroughly before fronting. thx :)

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> I worked 60 hours last week. 75 the week before. I expect 50-60 hours per week for the rest of the year. I also have other time intensive hobbies, and a disabled wife to care for. I do not farm 2 hours every day. I dont really have time to farm if I am going to have time to play the game. I rarely grind, and rarely buy gems with real money. I play the game for fun, trade gold for gems periodically, and buy what I like from the gemstore. I suppose if I wanted everything in the gemstore Id have to buy more gems.

>

> But that is the beauty of this system. I pay for what I like. I get to avoid paying for what I dislike. Sure some of these transactions are not very micro, but this game is still a much better entertainment bargain than hollywood movies. In order to get a similar number of hours of entertainment out of seeing movies in the theater as I have from GW2 it would cost me between 20 and 30 thousand dollars. And the movie theaters would try to sell me add-ons, in the form of souvenirs and snacks, to ehnance my enjoyment of the movies.

>

>

> I am right there with you when it comes to gamble boxes. Hate them.

Word! to the last one... AND this Hollywood crap. I still think it's a good example, but as always in life there's always more than one way to look at something! :)

But seriously, how to you make enough gold with that amount of time left in your days, to even exchange a reasonable amount of gold into gems, to actually buy something for 2000gems or so?

> @Matick.4132 said:

> > @Ashen.2907 said:

> > I worked 60 hours last week. 75 the week before. I expect 50-60 hours per week for the rest of the year. I also have other time intensive hobbies, and a disabled wife to care for. I do not farm 2 hours every day. I dont really have time to farm if I am going to have time to play the game. I rarely grind, and rarely buy gems with real money. I play the game for fun, trade gold for gems periodically, and buy what I like from the gemstore. I suppose if I wanted everything in the gemstore Id have to buy more gems.

> >

> > But that is the beauty of this system. I pay for what I like. I get to avoid paying for what I dislike. Sure some of these transactions are not very micro, but this game is still a much better entertainment bargain than hollywood movies. In order to get a similar number of hours of entertainment out of seeing movies in the theater as I have from GW2 it would cost me between 20 and 30 thousand dollars. And the movie theaters would try to sell me add-ons, in the form of souvenirs and snacks, to ehnance my enjoyment of the movies.

> >

> >

> > I am right there with you when it comes to gamble boxes. Hate them.

>

> Word! to the last one... AND this Hollywood crap. I still think it's a good example, but as always in life there's always more than one way to look at something! :)

>

> But seriously, how to you make enough gold with that amount of time left in your days, to even exchange a reasonable amount of gold into gems, to actually buy something for 2000gems or so?

I sell crafting mats (and trade my laurels for tier 6)

I save gold for when I really want something.

I pay at least some attention to what my crafting mats are worth so as to make decent selling decisions.

Sometimes (rarely) I speculate. I saw mithril hit an all time low and knew a new legendary was coming so I stopped selling (and actually bought some) so as to make more gold when the price recovered (somewhat).

Fractals is decent gold (I dont farm Fractals, but I do enjoy playing them).

There are plenty of days where I dont do more than dailies. Other days I may be able to play for a couple of hours. Days off, when I get them, can mean more time for the game.

> @orenwolf.1953 said:

> > @"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:

> > _**Thank you all for your passion, and again, thank you for your continued support of Live development.**_

> > ~ MO

> > What support don't you get it you've lost mine permanently because of your greedy $25.00 a skin fiasco...!

>

> Can I have your stuff?

>

> I'm sorry you can't afford the Gucci bag of the GW2 world, but I for one would like to continue seeing content created and MO has made it clear this pricing makes it possible. I'm sure there are other games out there where you can get every single cosmetic item for free or cheaply. I wish you the best of luck in them (but I still want your stuff!)

Lol, hey fruit of the loom I stated he lost my financial support, not that I was leaving. The point of all this is if you missed it, is that by asking for $25.00 he's not only insulting me but he's also insulting the whole player base. You do realize a skin like this is $4.00 less than the whole expansion. Oh and by the way I can afford it many times many, I bought the last one that replaces the jackal but there comes a time when you have to say, no I won't enough is enough and you have to tell a company like Anet with all due respect go suck an egg. :o