Resplendent Avialan raptor Feedback

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, don't you have any clue how marketing works? They put some single skins that are quite different in the gemstore for 2000 gems **because** that is expensive. This way not everyone will buy them and the whales buy them to "stand out" (or "stand in town sitting on it"). On the other hand, they can easily now put other skins for around 800-1000 gems in and almost noone will go "this is still too expensive", everyone will go "now this is an acceptable price, unlike 2000 gems".

The big spenders buy the 2000 gem mounts and feel like they have "something special", while in fact they only have "something expensive"

The normal people buy the lower priced ones and feel like it is a "good deal" while in fact it is a "perfectly normal" price :)

As nice looking as it is, I won't pay 2,000 gems for it. I was fine with the RNG skins because they were cheap and you are bound to get something new no matter what. I'm not interested in putting down 2,000 gems for one mount, though. The excitement of having the fancy mount would wear off in under a week, and then I'd still be out 20-30 dollars. So, nah.

Just logged in and saw this in the gem store. My thoughts:

Very interesting. Looking it over, I do like the avian theme for the raptor and hope they add more skins like it. It was one of my personal expectations for raptor mount skins, and there is many more possibilities to explore here! Please add more of them!

HOWEVER...I do not like the peacock tail feathers. It's not that I don't like them, it's that they replace the tail and it looks like a buttcape but for my mount and I despise buttcapses. I cannot see the raptor's legs while it's running (honest, I don't have a leg fetish, but I do like to see the form of my characters' bodies including the mounts). This would have to be priced particularly low for me to purchase this (like 800 gems). I feel these unique mount skins are more worth 1400-1500 gems, rather pricey for some but if they wait patiently for a sale in the future (25% off would put it in the 1.1k gems range) would definitely fly off the shelf. I myself still wouldn't buy it (same with the jackal skin, did not like that one at all, personally) but I could definitely see myself caving for a sale on this raptor skin. At 2k gems, there's no way I'd ever bother.

Now if there were a raptor skin with the same avian motif and a lizard tail with some feathers arranged to resemble a feathered dinosaur and it was priced at 2k gems, I would really have to think if I'd try to purchase or hope for a sale in the future.

Yeah, 2000 gems is way too much. Ignoring how the store sells only a 2400 package, so we would have to buy more than the two thousand if starting at zero gems, buying a single skin for the price of the full Path of Fire expansion is kind of ridiculous.

For something that completely changed how the mount looks like (if there was a skin for the griffon to look like [this](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plush_Griffon), for example), I could see something at 1500 gems. This one, though... It's not just a reskin - it changes the model a bit - but IMO it's not a rework of the mount and as such it's not worth this high of price.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> We 'whiners' who complained about the RNG adoption licenses have nothing to do with this latest release of one 2000 gem skin. It was planned and created long before we complained about those. ANet will have to look at its sales figures to see if the 2000 gem skins sell enough to make them worthwhile. I hope for a Wintersday pack like the Spooky Day pack of 5 skins for 1600 gems.

I bet, for Winter's Day, they will release the much requested Toy Griffon mount for 2000 gems. I bet people would complain but a lot would still buy.

**Thoughts**

1) Until and unless ANet starts pricing mount outfits at the 700 gem price for character outfits, I will not buy them.

2) I want to spend gems. However, nothing new is aimed at me lately. It's all 1600 gems + bundles and high-priced (by comparison) single items.

3) @ those who say, "Don't complain, just vote with your wallet." Consumers will do better to do both. If all they do is not buy, ANet does not know why.

Not my cup of tea but i think the price is fine, it's not a simple re-skin has new animations and probably took a fair amount of work.

I hope Anet continues to make these new mounts and are successful in selling them (horse please?)

If 2000 gems is what they figured out to cover the artists time in making this then that's fair enough

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> "Its not worth 2000 gems," to you.

>

> So dont buy it.

>

> Not a difficult concept. If a luxury item is priced above one's price limit one does not buy it.

Ashen, I think you hit the **NAIL on the HEAD** (and I couldn't agree more)...

These 2000 gem skins are certainly **LUXURY ITEMS.** (All the skins are really.) And if a luxury item is not worth the asking price for a particular person, then don't buy it.... **simple.** :+1:

Now this Peacock and the Fire Hound 2k gems mount skins... although very stylish and gorgeous, are not worth 2K gems _to me_. :wink:

However, **WHEN** Anet gets around to releasing a **DRAGON** skin for the griffon and it's kick-booty-looking, I'll gladly fork over 2K gems for it!! :smiley: (And knowing me, I'd probably buy 800 gems with USD and convert in-game gold to gems for the remaining 1200 gems needed.)

Btw...all you people that object to the whole 2k gem price for these luxury GW2 mount skins, do you actually _play the game_ and make gold or do you just stand around in LA and talk? :lol:

Seriously, if you're playing the game, especially PvE, you should have _some gold_ to convert to gems to reduce the need to spend real life money for at least a portion of the mount skin cost, right?

(Head's up... start saving your in-game gold now to convert into gems, because unless Anet's Marketing people are totally clueless - there **WILL BE** a Dragon skin released at some point. And if you save now, you might just have enough **in-game gold** to buy it outright! I know that's my plan. :+1:)

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > > > > >you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

> > > > >

> > > > > No that is blatantly false.

> > > > >

> > > > > We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

> > > > >

> > > > > Nice trying to blame the players for Anet's terrible business practices as of late though. Super class act, man. This insane pricing is in no way or form the "fault" of the playerbase.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The mount adoption license is not gambling. Gambling implies that something of value could be won. Nothing of value could be won with the mount adoption. Nothing recieved was worth even 1 penny.

> > >

> > > Hahaha, no. It is gambling in every sense of the word. Technically and legally it isn't gambling (because the law is slow to catch up) but... yeah, we all know it is gambling.

> > >

> > > The fact that you're getting a crappy "Win every time!"-consolation price doesn't make it any less so. It is like those carneval games where they have all the big and impressive stuffed toys all over their stand, only for your "Win every time!" prize is a little keychain.

> >

> > Technically and legally are the only definitions that count. Your opinion doesn't.

> > Just a correction here, your not getting a consolation prize. Your not getting anything. It's not gambling. The odds of you receiving anything of value are exactly 0.

>

> How are you NOT getting a consolation price? You're getting the keychain (cheap, simple retextures) rather than the big fancy stuffed toy (the skins with a new model and/or sfx). It works EXACTLY like one of those "Win a prize every time!"-stalls.

>

> My analogy was precisely on point here, if I may toot my own trumpet.

No your analogy was totally off point. Read what I am saying. NO ONE WINS A PRIZE. NONE OF THESE SKINS HAVE ANY REAL VALUE.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Why are people so angry? Just don't buy it. I can't honestly get why you're raging over it NOW after the ugly Mecha Ram.

> Now we have an ugly Turkey/chicken/Peacock that can't tell if it's doing a threatening look/mating dance (feathers up in the air on the head) or if it's just all calm and natural (feathers are buttcape street-sweeper mode in the back).

>

> Simply don't buy it and speak with your wallet if you do like it. Maybe a sale/discount/price change will come?

> Or maybe the whole deal of "Well a few of you already bought it so we don't want to discourage those early adopters of the new mount skin so we won't change it... but we won't do it again......... okay we will as the 1st Mecha Ram worked and no one said Skritt".

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm not at all angry about this. But I'm also not buying it and I wanted to let Anet know why that is, rather than hoping they'll guess correctly or that someone else will post what I'm thinking.

Apparently I made a mistake in assuming that sooner or later (probably sooner) Anet would make the kind of mounts I want and there was no need for me to participate much in discussions about them. We've had 4 different mount releases (1 pack, 2 solo and 1 RNG box) and because of either the look or the sales method I've not bought any of them. I've now given up on assuming Anet understand their players without being told so I'm trying to let them know what I like and would pay for in the hope that eventually they'll make it available.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > > > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > > > > > >you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No that is blatantly false.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nice trying to blame the players for Anet's terrible business practices as of late though. Super class act, man. This insane pricing is in no way or form the "fault" of the playerbase.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The mount adoption license is not gambling. Gambling implies that something of value could be won. Nothing of value could be won with the mount adoption. Nothing recieved was worth even 1 penny.

> > > >

> > > > Hahaha, no. It is gambling in every sense of the word. Technically and legally it isn't gambling (because the law is slow to catch up) but... yeah, we all know it is gambling.

> > > >

> > > > The fact that you're getting a crappy "Win every time!"-consolation price doesn't make it any less so. It is like those carneval games where they have all the big and impressive stuffed toys all over their stand, only for your "Win every time!" prize is a little keychain.

> > >

> > > Technically and legally are the only definitions that count. Your opinion doesn't.

> > > Just a correction here, your not getting a consolation prize. Your not getting anything. It's not gambling. The odds of you receiving anything of value are exactly 0.

> >

> > How are you NOT getting a consolation price? You're getting the keychain (cheap, simple retextures) rather than the big fancy stuffed toy (the skins with a new model and/or sfx). It works EXACTLY like one of those "Win a prize every time!"-stalls.

> >

> > My analogy was precisely on point here, if I may toot my own trumpet.

>

> No your analogy was totally off point. Read what I am saying. NO ONE WINS A PRIZE. NONE OF THESE SKINS HAVE ANY REAL VALUE.

well, if we go with how much it costs, it has a value but it is digital.

apparently normal skins are 400 gems which is about 5 euro, regardless on how you look at it the value is and remains 5 euro.

with that in mind, let's keep one thing out of this, it is NOT a gamble but a guaranteed drop with all of them within the same value.

a gamble is when you can win but also lose, the contract guarantees a mount skin you don't own yet so you never lose.

better yet, you could better call it a lottery with every ticked a guaranteed price regardless.

2000? No.

I would offer... 800 gems for this skin. Not a gem more.

In all my time playing since the big mount skin release, I have seen countless adoptable mounts, but never a single Reforged Warhound jackal. I'm beginning to forget what it's even supposed to look like. It seems clear to me that no one is buying these expensive skins. ANet could increase their profits buy cutting prices here, I'm sure of it.

I'll be honest, I think *this* skin *might* be worth 2000 gems. I mean, that's still preposterously high, yes. $25 for a single mount skin? I'd never pay that myself, but if people do, ok, fine. This has a lot of fancy stuff going on, and I can't say that it would never be worth $25 human dollars if people are willing to pay that. That said, they do need to have a LOT of other skins that are NOT 2000 gems, and so far they've failed on that count. They need to stop putting out 2000 gem skins until they have plenty of 200-800 gem mount skins on the marketplace. They already have 30 skins sitting unused in a gamble box, they can just drop those onto the store at a moment's notice. Make it happen, ANet.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> >you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

>

> No that is blatantly false.

>

> We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

>

So I assume you are in favor of outlawing those bubble-gum machines they have outside supermarkets, because you might not get your favorite flavor?

I look forward to seeing this mount in the game. I won't be buying it because sitting on a giant peacock is not half as cool as being parked on a dinosaur. 2000 is a cringe-worthy price, but if you made a skin that I completely fell in love with, i would probably find the money, and would possibly enjoy it all the more knowing it would not be seen everywhere I go, like that Geomancer glider skin when it was released.

Whether luxury-priced skins are going to be profitable in the long run is something you will have to wait and see about.

> @Fade.5904 said:

> Not my cup of tea but i think the price is fine, it's not a simple re-skin has new animations and probably took a fair amount of work.

> I hope Anet continues to make these new mounts and are successful in selling them (horse please?)

> If 2000 gems is what they figured out to cover the artists time in making this then that's fair enough

I'm in agreement here as well as the poster that mentioned these skins may be aimed at whales.

To me, I think it should be perfectly reasonable to look at these skins and desiring them but not wanting to spend the gold/gems/cash for them or if you REALLY want to get the skin because you adore it, you can farm/save for it. Whales will just buy them all while normies will not buy them or only buy a very specific skin.

Again, to me, how is it any different from a player who has the skill/time to farm up legendary backpieces and those backpieces being out of reach for someone who cannot invest that type of time/effort to get the same prestige skin?

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:

> > >you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each

> >

> > No that is blatantly false.

> >

> > We had the opportunity to **gamble** for skins at 400 Gems per "spin".

> >

>

> So I assume you are in favor of outlawing those bubble-gum machines they have outside supermarkets, because you might not get your favorite flavor?

Nope, but I'd go into said supermarket and _straight-up buy_ a packet of my favourite flavour of gum instead.

That attempt at a strawman was bad and you should feel bad.

Seriously Anet? 2,000 gem?! Who are you kidding? If a skin costs more then a game, its too much money. This skin is worth 800 gems at most. Yes. 800 gems. Who decided one skin needs to cost almost as much as a full game? Can we not just get a bunch of 400-800 gem skins that aren't random? I would like to buy some skins for my mounts. But PLEASE. No random nonsense, no 800+ gem cost skins.

This whole thing feels like Anet said "You don't want cheap random skins? Fine. 2,000 gems is all you get now. But hey! It is not random just like you guys wanted."