Not a fan of Mai Trin changes

Osu.6307

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Alinora Targew.1679" said:

> I want to wish good luck to who ever wants to do the legendary backpack now.

It's actually way easier now, as the fight is shorter.

Difficulty isn't increased at all, because you now have much better control over the mechanics of the fight.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Alinora Targew.1679" said:

> > I want to wish good luck to who ever wants to do the legendary backpack now.

>

> It's actually way easier now, as the fight is shorter.

> Difficulty isn't increased at all, because you now have much better control over the mechanics of the fight.

better control on the mobs and the non stop aoe, look i dont find it hard as well, its just longer and annoinying and when you need do it less then 25 min with pug groups ya i wish good luck.

25 minutes is very easy to handle. The countdown doesn't start at the beginning of the fractal, it starts with the beginning of the last fight. If you can't make that within 25 minutes you're pretty much afking, trolling or don't understand the encounter in the slightest over the whole time span (neither you did in the past!).

I think I don't have to mention that this leggy achievement is not for players getting into that fractal for the first time - it's a leggy for players with fractal dedication although you don't need to be that dedicated to achieve it.

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Alinora Targew.1679" said:

> > > I want to wish good luck to who ever wants to do the legendary backpack now.

> >

> > It's actually way easier now, as the fight is shorter.

> > Difficulty isn't increased at all, because you now have much better control over the mechanics of the fight.

>

> better control on the mobs and the non stop aoe, look i dont find it hard as well, its just longer and annoinying and when you need do it less then 25 min with pug groups ya i wish good luck.

It was longer and more annoying before, and I've already done it two times, both were <25 mins.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> Oasis doesn't even come close to 100cm.

Took me longer to clear t4 Oasis then 100cm first time over. 100 cm is stay out of the fire the game nothing, so is oasis but so much happens at the same time i rank it higher then 100cm. Only hard part of 100cm is when ark start breaking the floors and start spaming everything which is like the last 2mins of the instance so to me TO way harder.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > Oasis doesn't even come close to 100cm.

>

> Took me longer to clear t4 Oasis then 100cm first time over. 100 cm is stay out of the fire the game nothing, so is oasis but so much happens at the same time i rank it higher then 100cm. Only hard part of 100cm is when ark start breaking the floors and start spaming everything which is like the last 2mins of the instance so to me TO way harder.

>

You're comparing familiar content with a new one. Play Oasis several times more and evaluate again. You'll find its "difficulty" has magically disappeared.

i like the change actually cos the aoe phase in mai trin was just boring and sometimes rly pointless (like when every1 at 100% health whole time aoes blasting and nothin else to do) so i feel 1st time change was invigorating. i didn't realise they changed it a 2nd time tho, but idk i feel the new one in general is prty nice. cos i remember b4 when i went trolling to mai trin pugs due to boredom or somethin else, i would kill horrik 1-2 times for fun and ppl would get mad and either rage-whisper me afterword or thy would place a target over my head and threaten to kick me.. so it feelt nice that now pugs r actively target horrik during phase amnd i don't get blamed for nothing :smiley:

now if they can make the similar changes to 100 frac (normal mode is too cakewalk, plus cm also need some tweaking) then it can be good like for ex here:

* 1st encountre - the between phase 'dps check' is just realy annoying, sometimes i get frustrated i almost lose it when i get knockback every half sec from the crazy ghost guys which interrupt my dps rotes, also we can all agree its kinda pointless since a) no one dies unless they get extremely unlucky b) reg cm groups basically never fail it since they build a meta comp beforehand (e.g chrono might druid etc.)

* ^ - the boss guy who tries to run around like the flash superhero after 66% we come back is completely pointless and harms no one except his self-image, in fact its awkward sometimes cos we stand around staring at him as we wait for him to finish doing his thing idk what it is. what would help is maybe bump up his damage during this part so instead of taking 2% health if he hit he take more

* 1 -> 2nd fight (between) - its just maybe most boring part for me since cm is same here anyway, i tend to sometimes afk a bit because its extremely unchalenging and also it not even some kind of jumping puzzle so i dunno why to do

* 2nd fight orb - not really a complaint on cm but last time i did the fight on normal (was liike a month ago i think) the bouncing orbs was child play and i dont think the boss want it to be too easy on t4 either :grey_question:

I did it twice on T3 now.

Not a fan of it because earlier the bombing phase was super easy for me. The key to this was just to be calm and sometimes you need only a step to the side.

Now I need to doge until the cows come home because the bombing phase never stops and the pattern is design to push you into a corner.

My difficult rating is like this now:

Nightmare < Mai Trin < Twilight Oasis < Shattered Observatory

Earlier Mai Trin was just a bit harder then Solid Ocean.

> @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> I did it twice on T3 now.

> Not a fan of it because earlier the bombing phase was super easy for me. The key to this was just to be calm and sometimes you need only a step to the side.

> Now I need to doge until the cows come home because the bombing phase never stops and the pattern is design to push you into a corner.

>

> My difficult rating is like this now:

> Nightmare < Mai Trin < Twilight Oasis < Shattered Observatory

>

> Earlier Mai Trin was just a bit harder then Solid Ocean.

The change to the bomb phase didnt happen because it was easy it happened because it was boring and uninteresting. Saying that it was a tad bit harder than solid summarises the problem the fractal had in the first place.

> @"nagr.1593" said:

> i like the change actually cos the aoe phase in mai trin was just boring and sometimes rly pointless (like when every1 at 100% health whole time aoes blasting and nothin else to do) so i feel 1st time change was invigorating. i didn't realise they changed it a 2nd time tho, but idk i feel the new one in general is prty nice. cos i remember b4 when i went trolling to mai trin pugs due to boredom or somethin else, i would kill horrik 1-2 times for fun and ppl would get mad and either rage-whisper me afterword or thy would place a target over my head and threaten to kick me.. so it feelt nice that now pugs r actively target horrik during phase amnd i don't get blamed for nothing :smiley:

>

> now if they can make the similar changes to 100 frac (normal mode is too cakewalk, plus cm also need some tweaking) then it can be good like for ex here:

> * 1st encountre - the between phase 'dps check' is just realy annoying, sometimes i get frustrated i almost lose it when i get knockback every half sec from the crazy ghost guys which interrupt my dps rotes, also we can all agree its kinda pointless since a) no one dies unless they get extremely unlucky b) reg cm groups basically never fail it since they build a meta comp beforehand (e.g chrono might druid etc.)

> * ^ - the boss guy who tries to run around like the flash superhero after 66% we come back is completely pointless and harms no one except his self-image, in fact its awkward sometimes cos we stand around staring at him as we wait for him to finish doing his thing idk what it is. what would help is maybe bump up his damage during this part so instead of taking 2% health if he hit he take more

> * 1 -> 2nd fight (between) - its just maybe most boring part for me since cm is same here anyway, i tend to sometimes afk a bit because its extremely unchalenging and also it not even some kind of jumping puzzle so i dunno why to do

> * 2nd fight orb - not really a complaint on cm but last time i did the fight on normal (was liike a month ago i think) the bouncing orbs was child play and i dont think the boss want it to be too easy on t4 either :grey_question:

1) stand behind them and watch for when they take a while longer to small the ground.That slam will sent a shockwave in all directions

2)Its another attack that targets someone from the group and can 1shot them. It breaks the monotony of the boss just being a static golem.

3)Most of it if not all of it can be skiped with is a cool interaction and a nice break in pace from boss to boss to boss.

4) Not all jobs need to be as hard as other in a fight.

> I want to wish good luck to who ever wants to do the legendary backpack now.

Funnily, I was at that point exactly at patch day. You only have to beat her within 25 minutes, we didn't know what the changes where. I didn't even tell my buddies that I need the collection item, but I got the achievement in the first run without wipes. 25 minutes is a long time, but I admit that it might have taken us longer yesterday. For some reason we struggled, first wipe there in months (and a few more), until we switched druid for healing firebrand. In my opinion, druid's time in fractals is over and other classes will take its place, especially with the distort changes. Condition cleansing and protection for your party are important, and firebrand does that better. I'll try my revenant healer in fractals like Mai Trin and Oasis, I think it works better than druid there. Also, druid is more difficult to play so an average ventari or firebrand healer will probably perform better than an average druid. I see the same with my Power Daredevil, in 80% of the cases I do more dps than weaver pugs in fractals. But people are so stuck with "meta" from the known webpages, they'll need some time to get comfortable with changes. qtfy doesn't even care about fractals, yet people keep referring to it for fractals. Challenge Motes come close to raid encounters, true, but most fractals are not like raids at all, and you never have 10 people in your party.

I do not like the changes to Mai Trin at all, it's just more of something, nothing new. Same goes for Molten Boss.

• 2 weeks later...