More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > > >

> > > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> > >

> > > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

> >

> > Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

> >

> > Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

> >

> > Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

>

> I suppose thats just a longwinded way of saying "but you too are using speculation without any actual method and feels!". Disregarding the truth of that, I would call it progress.

Well unlike my opponents.. I at least took into consideration what other people have said, as opposed to just throwing out _my feels_

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > >

> > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> >

> > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

>

> Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

>

> Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

>

> Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

Make no mistake here ... I have NOT concluded they don't have SOME contribution to the decline. I am saying that there are LOTS of reasons people leave and you can't say with any certainty THIS reason is a significant one ... ESPECIALLY if your big evidence is forum noise. That's called 'garbage science'.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > > >

> > > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> > >

> > > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

> >

> > Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

> >

> > Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

> >

> > Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

>

> Make no mistake here ... I have NOT concluded they don't have SOME contribution to the decline. I am saying that there are LOTS of reasons people leave and you can't say with any certainty THIS reason is a significant one ... ESPECIALLY if your big evidence is forum noise. That's called 'garbage science'.

>

"Forum Noise" is why the raids were put in to start with, thus "forum noise" changed the game, show it some respect.

With that said.. Oh good, at least we agree.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > > > >

> > > > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> > > >

> > > > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

> > >

> > > Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

> > >

> > > Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

> > >

> > > Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

> >

> > Make no mistake here ... I have NOT concluded they don't have SOME contribution to the decline. I am saying that there are LOTS of reasons people leave and you can't say with any certainty THIS reason is a significant one ... ESPECIALLY if your big evidence is forum noise. That's called 'garbage science'.

> >

>

> "Forum Noise" is why the raids were put in to start with, thus "forum noise" changed the game, show it some respect.

No, you can't conclude THAT either.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> > > > >

> > > > > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

> > > >

> > > > Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

> > > >

> > > > Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

> > >

> > > Make no mistake here ... I have NOT concluded they don't have SOME contribution to the decline. I am saying that there are LOTS of reasons people leave and you can't say with any certainty THIS reason is a significant one ... ESPECIALLY if your big evidence is forum noise. That's called 'garbage science'.

> > >

> >

> > "Forum Noise" is why the raids were put in to start with, thus "forum noise" changed the game, show it some respect.

>

> No, you can't conclude THAT either.

LOL, they directly said it in their Raid Release Announcement, that they made them because it was requested by players.

Here it is.

>**You asked for the ultimate challenging content in Guild Wars 2—challenges that would put your skills to the test and push you and your friends to the edge to achieve victory**. Now the answer is here. Today at PAX Prime, we announced that the “challenging group content” that we said would arrive with Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is Raids! Built on top of our ground-breaking combat and dynamic event systems, the ultimate challenge is coming.

>Steven Waller

So.. again.. Show the "forum noise" some respect for how well it can screw up the game.

And it's good that we agree that Raids are at least "Part" of the problem, the only question at this point is how much a part do they play.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

> > > > >

> > > > > Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

> > > >

> > > > Make no mistake here ... I have NOT concluded they don't have SOME contribution to the decline. I am saying that there are LOTS of reasons people leave and you can't say with any certainty THIS reason is a significant one ... ESPECIALLY if your big evidence is forum noise. That's called 'garbage science'.

> > > >

> > >

> > > "Forum Noise" is why the raids were put in to start with, thus "forum noise" changed the game, show it some respect.

> >

> > No, you can't conclude THAT either.

>

> LOL, they directly said it in their Raid Release Announcement, that they made them because it was requested by players.

>

> Here it is.

>

> >**You asked for the ultimate challenging content in Guild Wars 2—challenges that would put your skills to the test and push you and your friends to the edge to achieve victory**. Now the answer is here. Today at PAX Prime, we announced that the “challenging group content” that we said would arrive with Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is Raids! Built on top of our ground-breaking combat and dynamic event systems, the ultimate challenge is coming.

> >Steven Waller

>

> So.. again.. Show the "forum noise" some respect for how well it can screw up the game.

>

> And it's good that we agree that Raids are at least "Part" of the problem, the only question at this point is how much a part do they play.

That does NOT specifically mean forum noise. Player requests come from lots of places.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > Reading on the forums is in no way, an appropriate method to correlate a drop in revenue to Leg. Item Access.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > FYI, not just these forums, but, regardless, Enlighten me, what method did you use to come to your conclusions?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What conclusions are you referring to exactly?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well let me hold your hand here, see, your conclusion is that Legendary Armor and Raids have not contributed to the fiscal decline (unless you plan to change that stance, and then you would be agreeing with me, which would be rather ironic at this point). So with that explained and done.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well thank you, It's good to know you came about that conclusion without any actual method, perhaps some _feels_ , maybe not even that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thank you for your time. Your method of Speculation and Conclusion are Duly noted.

> > > > >

> > > > > Make no mistake here ... I have NOT concluded they don't have SOME contribution to the decline. I am saying that there are LOTS of reasons people leave and you can't say with any certainty THIS reason is a significant one ... ESPECIALLY if your big evidence is forum noise. That's called 'garbage science'.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > "Forum Noise" is why the raids were put in to start with, thus "forum noise" changed the game, show it some respect.

> > >

> > > No, you can't conclude THAT either.

> >

> > LOL, they directly said it in their Raid Release Announcement, that they made them because it was requested by players.

> >

> > Here it is.

> >

> > >**You asked for the ultimate challenging content in Guild Wars 2—challenges that would put your skills to the test and push you and your friends to the edge to achieve victory**. Now the answer is here. Today at PAX Prime, we announced that the “challenging group content” that we said would arrive with Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ is Raids! Built on top of our ground-breaking combat and dynamic event systems, the ultimate challenge is coming.

> > >Steven Waller

> >

> > So.. again.. Show the "forum noise" some respect for how well it can screw up the game.

> >

> > And it's good that we agree that Raids are at least "Part" of the problem, the only question at this point is how much a part do they play.

>

> That does NOT specifically mean forum noise. Player requests come from lots of places.

I am not going to stop you from sticking your head in the sand. Enjoy the View.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> You are under some illusions that your petty jabs change the grim downward direction the game is going in.

Nor will yours. That's an ironic bit of thinking considering you think your suggestion for more paths to Leg Gear will. I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality. I'm just not trying to fearmonger this eventual downward direction to justify some idea we need more paths for leg. gear. Few MMO's DON'T follow this downward trend and if Anet is smart, they've already considered it in their business model anyways ... so pretending not having more paths is some significant oversight that will be the big contribution to the downfall of the game is a pathetic ploy.

So no need to fear here ... business as usual. 3 paths, no catastrophic end if we don't get more.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

In conclusion, It was beyond a bad idea to make legendary armor a HoT Exclusive item, they should at the very least have a PoF path as well, and not doing so, is going to hurt their future PoF sales.

The people who want to say "everything is fine"

Eh.. reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJh6EQ5gv7g

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

>

> I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

>

> I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

>

> Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths. You aren't more insightful than a whole company of game development professionals. You don't have the data to make any conclusions. You're not that special.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

>

> They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

> >

> > I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

> >

> > I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

> >

> > Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

>

> Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths. You aren't more insightful than a whole company of game development professionals. You don't have the data to make any conclusions. You're not that special.

>

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

> >

> > They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

>

>

> Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

>

>

They really arent. Legendary armor amd gear doesnt give you any advantage over players that dont own it.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

> > >

> > > I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

> > >

> > > I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

> > >

> > > Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

> >

> > Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths. You aren't more insightful than a whole company of game development professionals. You don't have the data to make any conclusions. You're not that special.

> >

> > > End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

> > >

> > > They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

> >

> >

> > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> >

> >

>

> They really arent. Legendary armor amd gear doesnt give you any advantage over players that dont own it.

Being able to swap your stats without additional components and forging is an advantage. Let's not also delve into untruths here.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

> > > >

> > > > I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

> > > >

> > > > I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

> > > >

> > > > Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

> > >

> > > Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths. You aren't more insightful than a whole company of game development professionals. You don't have the data to make any conclusions. You're not that special.

> > >

> > > > End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

> > > >

> > > > They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

> > >

> > >

> > > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > They really arent. Legendary armor amd gear doesnt give you any advantage over players that dont own it.

>

> Being able to swap your stats without additional components and forging is an advantage. Let's not also delve into untruths here.

I can just swap my asc sets lul. Will take less time to change stats infusions and runes.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

> > > > >

> > > > > I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

> > > > >

> > > > > Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

> > > >

> > > > Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths. You aren't more insightful than a whole company of game development professionals. You don't have the data to make any conclusions. You're not that special.

> > > >

> > > > > End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

> > > > >

> > > > > They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > They really arent. Legendary armor amd gear doesnt give you any advantage over players that dont own it.

> >

> > Being able to swap your stats without additional components and forging is an advantage. Let's not also delve into untruths here.

>

> I can just swap my asc sets lul. Will take less time to change stats infusions and runes.

I can also swap leg. sets ... so what's your point? Swapping armor sets isn't the same thing as swapping stats so your comparison isn't very relevant, nor do I see what you're trying to illustrate with the difference between swapping stats vs. gear.

Swapping stats is easier and cheaper on leg gear than it is ascended. That's an advantage. Anet is not breaking some original design intent because Leg Gear has the ability to swap stats in a way that Ascended gear can't. That's nonsense. That's no more intent breaking than the ability to swap stats on Ascended but not exotic. The expectation is for 'upgrades' and 'advantages' as the gear you can get progresses in higher level tiers ... and that's not a deviation from the original design intent because it's been a truth in this game since day 1, from the lowest tier 'white' gear right up to legendary.

Therefore, 'broken original intentions' is a really disingenuous reason to introduce more paths to leg gear.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

> >

> > I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

> >

> > I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

> >

> > Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

>

> Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths.

Wow, I am call HoT, Raids, and the lack of access, a dagger they put in their own backs.. and you somehow twisted that into some claim of a fountain of youth. That is such an impressive twisting Strawman I ain't even mad.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

This is totally false, and not knowing this, shows why you don't understand why the current set up is a deviation.

Originally Legendary was Identical to Exotic.

When Ascended was Introduced, Legendary was made Identical to Ascended.

So no, every tier was not always better. It is only recently that they opted to make Legendary something better then all other tiers, which makes it a deviation from what things were originally.

Just giving you this for your information.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

>

> This is totally false, and not knowing this, shows why you don't understand why the current set up is a deviation.

>

> Originally Legendary was Identical to Exotic.

>

> When Ascended was Introduced, Legendary was made Identical to Ascended.

>

> So no, every tier was not always better. It is only recently that they opted to make Legendary something better then all other tiers, which makes it a deviation from what things were originally.

>

> Just giving you this for your information.

Fyi "Recently" being nearly 5 years ago for stat swapping. And almost one year ago for no-loss-of-runes/infusions swapping.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> >

> > This is totally false, and not knowing this, shows why you don't understand why the current set up is a deviation.

> >

> > Originally Legendary was Identical to Exotic.

> >

> > When Ascended was Introduced, Legendary was made Identical to Ascended.

> >

> > So no, every tier was not always better. It is only recently that they opted to make Legendary something better then all other tiers, which makes it a deviation from what things were originally.

> >

> > Just giving you this for your information.

>

> Fyi "Recently" being nearly 5 years ago for stat swapping. And almost one year ago for no-loss-of-runes/infusions swapping.

Still a Deviation from the Core Design.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

>

> Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien.

This thread has been gone too far , ppl might forgot what u were trying to ask , make a way for all 3 game mode to get all legendary toys. Like we have a way in each mode(pvp ,wvw , pve) to get legendary accessories(lets say aurora)

I completely know what u want. But let me remind u Swagger, guild war 2 is a game with 3 types of different game mode , not 3 different games. Under the premise that "guild war 2 is a game with 3 types of different game mode" , they put different legendary toy into these game mode to make sure every piece of this game wont be forgotten.

Just in short , Anet develop and maintain guild war 2 as a single product. What u ask is against the market orientation of this game.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> > >

> > > This is totally false, and not knowing this, shows why you don't understand why the current set up is a deviation.

> > >

> > > Originally Legendary was Identical to Exotic.

> > >

> > > When Ascended was Introduced, Legendary was made Identical to Ascended.

> > >

> > > So no, every tier was not always better. It is only recently that they opted to make Legendary something better then all other tiers, which makes it a deviation from what things were originally.

> > >

> > > Just giving you this for your information.

> >

> > Fyi "Recently" being nearly 5 years ago for stat swapping. And almost one year ago for no-loss-of-runes/infusions swapping.

>

> Still a Deviation from the Core Design.

Some call it upgrade others call it downgrade.