Would you like to get Pips in the "Edge of the Mists"?

Irimus.5629

> @"gert.7698" said:

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > Absolutely not, would destroy WvW as a game mode completely.

>

> So you say if ppl get pips in eotm, ppl won't play wvw anymore because they like eotm more? Sorry for you.

> I play a game as an entertainment. What you play should not depend on the rewards you receive. Unfortunately, it is a fact that (most) players play a part of the game where you get better rewards. For example, if they make the rewards of dungeons better and the rewards of fractals worse, then people would play far fewer fractals.

>

> I like to play 'normal ' WvW but I also like eotm. I would appreciate it if the rewards are the same, so everyone can decide for themselves what and when they play.

>

> And wvw or wvw lite, that does not matter. Eotm is another form of wvw that we're used to, but it remains wvw anyway. World are fighting each other on eotm so it is wvw.

they dont fight each other tho, they mostly fight doors and npcs bosses, counts as pve for me, so no wvw rewards for pve player

ppl who play there would also run those maps to cap stuff if there werent any enemy players and the objectives would just be uncapped every 10minutes and the loot was better than in some of the pve trains that exist now

eotm is nothing more than an upgraded version of those champ trains that we had on the old maps in the beginning of the game

i play wvw because i have fun in fighting enemies, some time ago we didnt have reward tracks or pips and we still played wvw, ppl who joined on eotm when it was introduced where just there for the loot, they didnt want to fight or win for their server, and ofc some wvw player who just saw cheap kills by farming those pve players who had no idea how to fight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"gert.7698" said:

> > @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> > Please no! Pips in EOTM would kill wvw.

>

> And no pips in eotm is killing eotm atm..

>

>

> It’s only from what perspective you look at it. Don’t understand me wrong, i love to play wvw, i play it Every day.. but, if you go through that reasoning, you can just as well say: we no longer give rewards in other content, so everyone will play wvw ..

>

> I think that every content should have the same rewards, so that every player can decide what they enjoy most and what they wanna play. Isn’t having fun not what gaming is all about?

>

> side note: in the long term it is better to attract people to wvw by improving wvw, so that (More) people have more fun in wvw. Not by giving players less rewards in other content. if we want wvw to be livable and stable in the long term, we / the devs must find other solutions instead of this

Why is eotm killed? It is a waiting room. Yes, a waiting room for queued people. Not a different mode. As such, it is ok. But people like yourself will of course claim "it is killed" because of the endless, boring ktrains that capped and recapped the same pvd objectives, avoiding other zergs for days. And that, of course, took people from actual WvW, whether you believe it or not (we all know it did). So, no. Reviving the pve mode that is called eotm so people can get the wvw legendary rewards is a big no.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"gert.7698" said:

> > > @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> > > Please no! Pips in EOTM would kill wvw.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I think that every content should have the same rewards, so that every player can decide what they enjoy most and what they wanna play. Isn’t having fun not what gaming is all about?

> >

>

> So, would you be OK giving LIs from raids in a WvW track?

>

> Or including gold fractal skins in a WvW track?

I would have no problem with that. They also do give dungeon tokens, wintersday gifts, living story shinies, ... with reward tracks, so why not.

> @"gert.7698" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"gert.7698" said:

> > > > @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> > > > Please no! Pips in EOTM would kill wvw.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I think that every content should have the same rewards, so that every player can decide what they enjoy most and what they wanna play. Isn’t having fun not what gaming is all about?

> > >

> >

> > So, would you be OK giving LIs from raids in a WvW track?

> >

> > Or including gold fractal skins in a WvW track?

>

> I would have no problem with that. They also do give dungeon tokens, wintersday gifts, living story shinies, ... with reward tracks, so why not.

> @"gert.7698" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"gert.7698" said:

> > > > @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> > > > Please no! Pips in EOTM would kill wvw.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I think that every content should have the same rewards, so that every player can decide what they enjoy most and what they wanna play. Isn’t having fun not what gaming is all about?

> > >

> >

> > So, would you be OK giving LIs from raids in a WvW track?

> >

> > Or including gold fractal skins in a WvW track?

>

> I would have no problem with that. They also do give dungeon tokens, wintersday gifts, living story shinies, ... with reward tracks, so why not.

Part of the 'why not' will come from the people who raid.

Much like many (not all) WvW veterans, the feeling is if you want that end game mode reward you need to play that mode. Ie: raids, fractals and WvW along with PvP. Dungeons aren't really end game content as only Arah is suggested to be level 80. Most of the other map and reward tracks are based off map rewards.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Part of the 'why not' will come from the people who raid.

>

> Much like many (not all) WvW veterans, the feeling is if you want that end game mode reward you need to play that mode. Ie: raids, fractals and WvW along with PvP. Dungeons aren't really end game content as only Arah is suggested to be level 80. Most of the other map and reward tracks are based off map rewards.

Indeed not all, I play wvw since start, and i voted yes :) I think most ppl on this part of the forum are wvw players and/or veterans and the poll is 50/50. I think if you would ask this question in gw2 discussion forum, then even more players will prob. vote for pips.

But you have a point when you say that dungeon's aren't end game content. That's true. I had not thought about that in that way.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> If pips were to be enabled in EotM, participation credit would have to be adjusted in such a way that if you karma train, you don’t gain participation. In other words, **you must play EotM just like you would a WvW map**.

Not everyone in "normal wvw" plays that way . There are also wvw players who only do (night)capping without fighting, and they also get their pips.

Maybe a compromise can be that pips earned in eotm are reduced by 40,50,60, ... % ? Or that you get pips exept no WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets, but that they develop a different reward with pips exclusively for eotm