If you had infinite gold, what would you do with it?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be a long list!

Make all the legendaries, including buying off raid runs. Stock all my characters in full Ascended.

Max out all my bag slots and other gem store goodies. Max out character slots and use makeover kits on all of them.

Buy so many keys. So many.

Use the infinite gold to buy up huge chunks of materials and just delete them. Raise the sale value of flailing vendor trash.

Then, conversely, buy up anything that has high prices and sell them back on the market at lower prices. For really, really expensive stuff, buy it all then hold community events for giveaways.

Randomly donate 500g chunks to characters with cool names. :)

I'd ponder buying up *all the gems* to see how much real-money folks can get for buying them and trading them in for gold.

Drop some 500g gifts to friends and guildies (and artists I commission :P)

> @hugo.4705 said:

> I would do nothing, even if it's real! Too much gold destroy the value, having infinite gold after all this time of farming for only ascended armor and suits on tp... infinite gold will be a great joke for me. The game would not have a sense anymore: no need to farm a legendary... But One thing can't be bought with gold: Achievment Points, a great challenge.

There are a handful of achievement points that can literally be bought with gold

Upgrade my storage and bank. Buy all the dyes I'm missing. If I can get gems with them, character slots and skins when I wanted them. All my characters would have infinite gathering tools, all the nodes for harvesting. Basically I'd just set myself up comfortable and keep playing, because I love making alts and will thus still have something to level. I'd spoil my friend who can't yet buy things themselves.

As much of my time is spent on 'upkeep' with tasks I perform to acquire gold, it would allow me to get out and enjoy all of my time spent in the game instead of only some of my time.

Just as it would in life:

* It would allow me to spend my time doing the things I find most enjoyable and fulfilling instead of things I do to make money.

* It would allow me to help others so they will be able to spend their time doing the things they find most enjoyable and fulfilling instead of things they do to make money. (I know the most enjoyable and fulfilling activity for some _is_ the making of money, this would be for a different discussion)

Short-short version:

* I'd be more happy and would help others to be able to be more happy.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> I love how many people would actively ruin the economy. I'll admit I was going to say that too.

Some men just want to watch the world burn, right?

Granted, it crossed my mind as well. I'm an imp. I admit it. :bleep_bloop:

So instead, as I was thinking about it, just having a number of markets that need a reset, and that could only be done by someone who has so much cash that he doesn't care about a loss. Some materials on the vendor floor? Buy them all and just delete them. Remove them from circulation, then set a new value. Some prices too high? Buy them all and relist them lower. Just that havoc alone would give me the huehuehue needed to keep from being a complete kitten. :P

Nothing. I'm the kind of person for which it's always hard to find a present for christmas because I only buy what I need and rarely anything out of greed. Infinite gold would do me no good, it might even push me out of the game since it would remove the value of any "reward" for my achievements in game.

I would destroy the gold to gems market, regularly buying all of the gems I could get my hands on and driving the gold to gems ratio so far in favor of selling gems and allowing only those that spend even frivolous amounts on gems the ability to leverage massive sums of gold.

Then I'd sit back and watch people realize how much they can "earn by playing the game" in a world where the system is doing what it was always designed to do at peak efficiency for Arenanet.

> @Ashen.2907 said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @Erasculio.2914 said:

> > > > > Let's say ArenaNet sends you a letter saying they're so impressed with how one of your characters looks that they have decided you won Fashion Wars. As a prize, they are giving you - and only you in the entire world - infinite gold. You can spend as much gold you want for as long as you want, and it will never end.

> > > > >

> > > > > What would you do with it?

> > > >

> > > > Unlimited gold is a little silly even for a hypothetical. It allows you to muck with the supply & demand of the trading post without any risk, it destroys any joy one might get from getting a lucky drop, and it means never having to defer gratification to work towards longer term goals.

> > >

> > > If anyone gets joy from lucky drops and terrible grind I feel sorry for them ;-;

> > > I'd rather have what I want without having to get lucky or grinding my soul away.

> >

> > You don't like getting a lucky drop? You prefer that all loot is trash loot and that there's nothing on the TP worth buying or selling? And you wish for all the tangible rewards in the game to require local currency? (That last ensures that things can **only** be obtained by grind, rather than simply by steady gaming.)

>

> I am torn. Ive been here since beta and am still waiting for my first lucky drop. Its hard to be excited about something that you cant be sure even exists.

This. Lucky drops in GW2 are a myth. All the loot comes from the TP, Gem store, or some kind of untradable currency or achievement. What normally fills the spot of "lucky drop" in the rarity scale is exotics with the same skin you already have from an achievement, or a skin you won't use because of the weapon type. The truly rare things are so rare they may as well not exist as drops.