Random Gem item drops would be nice.

Personally I'd love to get a random mount skin as a monster drop, or a gem shop item as a rare drop in the game. I feel every drop I get is so predictable since I already know what I'm going to get by looking at achievments. Some of the achievements arn't worth doing since I have to do a lot of work for a couple points, or perhaps a page in a book ;-/

I wish I had a goal worth my time, or a chance to get something really cool from drops.

> @Rawr.9467 said:

> I'm confused. Do you want more achievement points or RNG rewards from monster kills?

>

> Also, what is a crown shop?

I would like to get a random drop from the Black Lion Shop, like a random mount skin drop, or a key, or something for my home instance, or just something that is a special surprise.

Guess I'm just bored, never get lucky with anything and I've worked so hard for the common stuff I have. I would just like to think it could be possible to get something special.

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > @Rawr.9467 said:

> > I'm confused. Do you want more achievement points or RNG rewards from monster kills?

> >

> > Also, what is a crown shop?

>

> I would like to get a random drop from the Black Lion Shop, like a random mount skin drop, or a key, or something for my home instance, or just something that is a special surprise.

> Guess I'm just bored, never get lucky with anything and I've worked so hard for the common stuff I have. I would just like to think it could be possible to get something special.

That could be pretty normal ( didn't drop a precursor until pof ).

They could however give us one glider or mount skins for free behind achievements.

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > @Rawr.9467 said:

> > I'm confused. Do you want more achievement points or RNG rewards from monster kills?

> >

>

> I would like to get a random drop from the Black Lion Shop, like a random mount skin drop, or a key, or something for my home instance, or just something that is a special surprise.

> Guess I'm just bored, never get lucky with anything and I've worked so hard for the common stuff I have. I would just like to think it could be possible to get something special.

BLC keys do drop but are pretty rare, I've got like 4 keys dropped from random monsters in the past 5 years.

But I'm not supporting your idea for Gem store items dropping from monsters. You can already grind gold and convert it into gem store items. And this is a way better system than RNG drops.

If you are bored take a break from the game, do something else then maybe come back.

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > @Rawr.9467 said:

> >

>

BL Keys _do_ drop as loot from mobs, though rarely. They probably drop more often than any other Gem Store item would drop, though, were the Devs to implement such a thing.

Good luck.

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> Personally I'd love to get a random mount skin as a monster drop, or a gem shop item as a rare drop in the game. I feel every drop I get is so predictable since I already know what I'm going to get by looking at achievments. Some of the achievements arn't worth doing since I have to do a lot of work for a couple points, or perhaps a page in a book ;-/

>

> I wish I had a goal worth my time, or a chance to get something really cool from drops.

how about Anet randomly charges your credit card while playing to make developing this game worth their time?

> @Wanze.8410 said:

> > @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > Personally I'd love to get a random mount skin as a monster drop, or a gem shop item as a rare drop in the game. I feel every drop I get is so predictable since I already know what I'm going to get by looking at achievments. Some of the achievements arn't worth doing since I have to do a lot of work for a couple points, or perhaps a page in a book ;-/

> >

> > I wish I had a goal worth my time, or a chance to get something really cool from drops.

>

> how about Anet randomly charges your credit card while playing to make developing this game worth their time?

Well, then I suppose I'd stop playing.

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> Personally I'd love to get a random mount skin as a monster drop, or a gem shop item as a rare drop in the game. I feel every drop I get is so predictable since I already know what I'm going to get by looking at achievments. Some of the achievements arn't worth doing since I have to do a lot of work for a couple points, or perhaps a page in a book ;-/

>

> I wish I had a goal worth my time, or a chance to get something really cool from drops.

Farm gold - > spend gold on skin.

Guaranteed reward.

BL keys randomly drop from mobs (at a rate similar to that of precursors) & from parts of the personal story & with a 10-40% chance from map completion (I doubt there's enough useful data to say for sure what the rate is). With keys, there's a chance to get a wardrobe unlock, including gem shop items such as outfits, glider skins, minis, exclusive dyes, mail carriers, and finishers.

No because other than the expansions, the gem store is pretty much their main source to generate revenue. If random gem store items could drop, even at a very low chance, people would be even less interested in buying gem to purchase an item than they already are. Plus like many have mentioned you can buy them through gold to gem exchange. But I guess if you want a surprise drop it doesn't really have to be gem store items does it?

Well, we do already have [Chest of Black Lion Goods](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Black_Lion_Goods "Chest of Black Lion Goods") which drops every 7 gg from daily login and also as rng drop from fractal daily chests. Also from [achievement chests](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_Chest "achievement chests"). Here's the base chest but u can check all of them.

And also, we do have [Teleport to Friends and Dyes](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Birthday_Gift "Teleport to Friends and Dyes") which drops from every birthday chest ( character 3 or more years old ).

Talking about teleport to friends, as somebody suggested, it would be nice to see it as a TP item.

> @aandiarie.7195 said:

> They should just add mount skins to bl chests XD lol

>

Licence as rare drop would not be impossible ( though they should implement something which stop em to drop if you already have all skins ).

I stopped to use BLC because items like

* Merchant Express

* Trading Post Express

* Bank Access Express

* Self-Style Hair Kits

Continued to drop regardless the fact i own all the permanent ones ( yes i know that not permanent can be used by other players but i don't care ).

On the whole, this is an interesting idea but in reality will never happen.

I agree with all those above saying that gem store items should be solely kept there, as the micro-transactions are essential for funding the game unless you're in favour of introducing subscriptions (which I am strongly against).

Perhaps a different spin on this is to introduce historic items of medium popularity which were once on the gem store but didn't attract much in sales. Items which no longer generate any profits could be a "new" drop and have little impact on revenue stream while adding a touch more "variety" to the loot tables. For simple reasons the drop rate would need to be fairly low and probably from a narrow selection of sources.

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > @Wanze.8410 said:

> > > @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > > Personally I'd love to get a random mount skin as a monster drop, or a gem shop item as a rare drop in the game. I feel every drop I get is so predictable since I already know what I'm going to get by looking at achievments. Some of the achievements arn't worth doing since I have to do a lot of work for a couple points, or perhaps a page in a book ;-/

> > >

> > > I wish I had a goal worth my time, or a chance to get something really cool from drops.

> >

> > how about Anet randomly charges your credit card while playing to make developing this game worth their time?

>

> Well, then I suppose I'd stop playing.

So then by that logic putting in random gemshop drops it would result in the same anet have to close down game since revenues dried up.

Edit

And in a way chansing those ap points give you gemstore items since each 5k chest give you 400 gems.

I like the idea, but I don't think it will be likely as the gem store has become an important revenue stream for ArenaNet. (besides the expansion sales) When gem store items would start dropping in the open world it would start hurting their revenue. Sure, they can make it super-ultra-rare, but then players will complain about the incredibly low drop rates.

But maybe it would not hurt to add a few exclusive outfits or mount skins to the games drop table or (my preference) laurel vendors. But then these should be exclusively obtainable in-game and not via the gem store to keep things clear.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > > @Rawr.9467 said:

> > > I'm confused. Do you want more achievement points or RNG rewards from monster kills?

> > >

> > > Also, what is a crown shop?

> >

> > I would like to get a random drop from the Black Lion Shop, like a random mount skin drop, or a key, or something for my home instance, or just something that is a special surprise.

> > Guess I'm just bored, never get lucky with anything and I've worked so hard for the common stuff I have. I would just like to think it could be possible to get something special.

>

> BL Keys _do_ drop as loot from mobs, though rarely. They probably drop more often than any other Gem Store item would drop, though, were the Devs to implement such a thing.

>

> Good luck.

Keys also "drop" as map completion rewards.