What does ANET do when a whole server stops playing?

Nightshade.2570

> @Namer.9750 said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > Yea, match manipulation has been almost too easy for servers with the 1 up and 1 down thing. Right now I'm on a little brother server linked up in T1. My server and the server we're linked with have no business being in T1. I feel you it sucks being stuck with servers (or in my case going against servers) doing match manipulation.

>

> If you're on IoJ, then you should know that SoS has been trying to tank as well, and guilds have been threatening to leave if they can't tank out of T1.

>

> It's just that they're abysmal at tanking and there are quite a number of people on who think tanking is 'losing intentionally' and not something they have to do for the sake of the server's health.

Its also that BG has been propping them up.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal. Players play for a goal to achieve

Reality. Wvw has no main goal. Wvw sub goals for items, rewards, gear, but all of these you can get even if you don't win, achievements included.

Now. Those who want to win are driven or encouraged by others who set a goal for themselves, which are player set goals.

Recommendation. Have wvw events. Why? These will keep us busy, something particular to aim. Give us recognition for doing something. Once a week. Once in two weeks. etc Tournament was fun. Then keep balancing the wvw professions. Slow but steady, it does not need to be like cold turkey, just 1 percent better at a time is good, and announce it.

Anzai wall, sm side wall can be broken now whereas before it cannot. This wasnt announced. Also pips on transfer is based on player time not days after a player transfer which means you have to be in wvw. the halloween effect is gone. also we get so little feedback from devs.

once a week announcements would be awesome.

regards,

Sov

Anet need to reward servers like SoS that have the fighting spirit with more/better links and let the useless lame guilds in JQ dies alone with their imaginary friends. Reward has a meaning and when a server tank to T4 to get link they should be manually adjust (which can be done in both way ya know what I mean) to be punish in consequences. (specially when you have a public proof of a ToS breach by said players. Praise DHUUM. It's all about promoting healthy behavior of gamer and prevent upside/down misbehaviors to take ground for repetition in game. And as a company some unhealthy customers need to be repeal for the better of all. No prisonner and no mercy for the evil corrupting minds. xD) Sometime you have to make an example to lead the desired path and send a CLEAR message. BTW Anet could also completely delete the guilds that called for such large scale grieffing behavior : this would send a clear message. (you have the list of the JQ guilds right below their propaganda...)

Anet have not and never will do anything to fix the situation in WvW it is a broken game mode that they do not have the skill to fix so they figure it is best to let it die an unnatural death. As you can ascertain from all the feedback we get from Anet in the forums for WvW . No response is their only response for any concerns brought up in the numerous threads there are so many great ideas that I have read which would make some difference and even these get no acknowledgement whatsoever. The total lack of any input shows their disregard for their customer base in WvW game mode

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > I think Anet made a huge mistake by not giving JQ a link last time and instead gave it to Mag, I think things could be quite different right now if they hadn't done that.

> >

> > Yeah, we problably would have only 4 servers tanking each week instead of 5... Nobody want to be in T1 with Blackgate and I cannot blame them for that as I don't want either.

>

> Which servers?

> 1. Mag to get away from BG.

> 2. JQ to open for population.

> 3. DB? YB? doesn't look like they're tanking hard.

> **4. SoS? doesn't look like they're tanking and actually content to stay in second.**

>

> If a proper link was given to JQ to actually compete in t1, then maybe they wouldn't have stressed out in the last month about their declining population as much. If Mag was left without a link maybe their fight guilds would be playing and they wouldn't worry about the ppting happening. I assume they thought JQ was good enough to hold in t2, and Mag would have been good to hold in t1, except Anet obviously doesn't know the true desires of both servers.

4 Different teamspeaks and other guilds threatening to keep the server T1 in hope for them to transfer off...

"Content"

> @Vermillion.4061 said:

> > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > > I think Anet made a huge mistake by not giving JQ a link last time and instead gave it to Mag, I think things could be quite different right now if they hadn't done that.

> > >

> > > Yeah, we problably would have only 4 servers tanking each week instead of 5... Nobody want to be in T1 with Blackgate and I cannot blame them for that as I don't want either.

> >

> > Which servers?

> > 1. Mag to get away from BG.

> > 2. JQ to open for population.

> > 3. DB? YB? doesn't look like they're tanking hard.

> > **4. SoS? doesn't look like they're tanking and actually content to stay in second.**

> >

> > If a proper link was given to JQ to actually compete in t1, then maybe they wouldn't have stressed out in the last month about their declining population as much. If Mag was left without a link maybe their fight guilds would be playing and they wouldn't worry about the ppting happening. I assume they thought JQ was good enough to hold in t2, and Mag would have been good to hold in t1, except Anet obviously doesn't know the true desires of both servers.

>

> 4 Different teamspeaks and other guilds threatening to keep the server T1 in hope for them to transfer off...

>

> "Content"

SoS is a classic example of people doing whatever they want. Not even united enough to tank out of t1

Kodash did the same. They stopped playing for some time, it was on Reddit, they managed to get their server open, now with a major influx of new players they managed to pull 3 - 6 full blobs against us (half of one blob mostly) yet they still complain that 3 servers are linked. Mostly people forget WHY more servers are linked together, which is the fact that they struggle to pull together one blob and that the population count on pages doesn't reflect the actual count of active and good players.

Still they only got quantity, not quality.

> @Nightshade.2570 said:

> So I don't want to turn this thread into an arguement so not going to name the server. However I am in T3 and one of our enemy servers has stopped playing. I have to say its so rare to see this many guilds agree to such a drastic blackout, but next week they will definitely be in T4 where they do not belong, as well as possibly open for transfers. There maybe a guild or two still playing out of a sense of fairness but anyone can tell from looking at the points its unnatural. So what do you guys do? I am naturally curious in this case as I realized that for most upper tier servers it becomes advantageous to take weeks off so that your server gets opened for transfers, easier fights against less populated servers, and possibly a better rematch when it is time to relink. This is indeed a concerning problem as it also pushes servers up that shouldnt be. Generally its not good overall for this sort of manipulation to go on but I can't really blame them. Its more and more a concept I am heard thrown around in this one up one down system. I like the one up one down system but definitely fear this will cause us to lose it.

Its called tanking... they are intentionally tanking to either 1. Get a linked server... or 2. take advantage of the 1 up 1 down mechanic to drop a tier and get easier fights

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Rayya.2591 said:

> > > @Namer.9750 said:

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6NQPEME.png "")

> >

> > the fact that a comunity have to take such action to counter a dumb system implemented by a-net , only confirm developers lack on interest in improving wvw quality

> >

> >

> >

>

> Has to? 13 guilds?

13 oneman guilds = 13 people (Hint : One of them is named Juda the server jumper "leader" ^^)