Any way to change voice of my female Norn?

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

> >

> > But with that of my chest. No you can’t and I don’t think they change it. By popular demand we want voiced dialogue in all content. They allready have to get 40 voiceactors to speak each player line (5 races times two sexes times 4 languages is 5*2*4=40). Adding more options would elevate this difficulty in development.

> >

> > So you can either play a different sex, a different race or a different language to get s different voice.

>

> Not a good option on "I like how this look, but I hate how it sound so let me play on something I hate the look of (probably) but like the sound of".

You are missing my point. There are allready 40 voices in the game due to localisation. This allready limits development type. Adding 2 extra options per race/sexes (just for enghlish) would mean adding another 20 voices to the list. This means a lot of work and efford and development time they could have invested in making new content. I just find it very self centric to ask for such an investment.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

> > >

> > > But with that of my chest. No you can’t and I don’t think they change it. By popular demand we want voiced dialogue in all content. They allready have to get 40 voiceactors to speak each player line (5 races times two sexes times 4 languages is 5*2*4=40). Adding more options would elevate this difficulty in development.

> > >

> > > So you can either play a different sex, a different race or a different language to get s different voice.

> >

> > Not a good option on "I like how this look, but I hate how it sound so let me play on something I hate the look of (probably) but like the sound of".

>

> You are missing my point. **There are allready 40 voices in the game due to localisation**. This allready limits development type. Adding 2 extra options per race/sexes (just for enghlish) would mean adding another 20 voices to the list. This means a lot of work and efford and development time they could have invested in making new content. I just find it very self centric to ask for such an investment.

Um... can we get those voices as choices? I kinda would like to get some of those voices as choices. Don't care if it's not in English.

If we are talking about voices not making sense, the female voices of NPCs tend to be silly. I mean, if you talk to a female Hylek, certain female charr, and female ogres (just of the top of my head) they all sound like a 20 year old human woman. I would expect deeper, raspier and/or growl-ier voices. Sometimes the voice does not fit the model.

> @Yereton.8647 said:

> If we are talking about voices not making sense, the female voices of NPCs tend to be silly. I mean, if you talk to a female Hylek, certain female charr, and female ogres (just of the top of my head) they all sound like a 20 year old human woman. I would expect deeper, raspier and/or growl-ier voices. Sometimes the voice does not fit the model.

The more confusing is when the female hylek/nuhoch talk, it would sound "angelic" and feminine.

The moment it's time to fight, they sound 100% like the males.

Wait what? What the hell happened to your voice? Frog in your thr...oh...

Charrs I kind of understand a bit though. I mean yeah, they're big cats, but I can see them having the high pitch cat vocals for certain charrs.

Ogres I say can go either way. I've seen some that look like they should have a subtle voice (the ones that look like Piccolo from Dragonball around Ascalon) and then those that look like they should sound like Satan himself (the ones in Elona).

And if we're going there, the female Kraits sounds like an angry 40+ year old woman that's gargling while they're saying their lines.

It's funny how opinions differ; I find that Claudia Christian's voice acting is almost perfect for a female norn. They are, after all, big, burly, and proud and I think she gets that across really well.

That said, I wouldn't mind an option to silence the PC for those that don't like it, though I don't Think Anet should spend a lot of effort on it.

Apparently i've phrased something in a manner that was wrongthink.

Keep the warnings coming, the more you get under my skin the less € I throw your way. Customer loyalty can be earned and can be lost, there's one step from love to hate so don't be so high headed, i'm not the first customer you lose or the last, i'm not going to be agreeable and loyal if I am told what to say, grow up.

Let me re-phrase:

My Norn, sounds exactly like everyone else has stated up in the comments, time for a voice pack, give us choice and we'll give you money.