Legendary Weapons

I have started sometime ago with my first Legendary the Kudzu. I just started with the second tier and I see it is costing so much gold and items that it takes forever to get the legendary weapon. I play everyday and I'm so into getting the items that I don't make time to play with my other characters.

Maybe a idea to make all items half of what you need to make it more fun to get that legendary you really want. If this is staying this way then the kudzu will my last legendary. Then my choice is enjoying the game as it is. But plz do something about the cost and items for the legendaries. They are already far over priced then the ascended weapons.

You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

Good luck farming!

> @"Cyrus of Moo.9437" said:

> I have started sometime ago with my first Legendary the Kudzu. I just started with the second tier and I see it is costing so much gold and items that it takes forever to get the legendary weapon. I play everyday and I'm so into getting the items that I don't make time to play with my other characters.

> Maybe a idea to make all items half of what you need to make it more fun to get that legendary you really want. If this is staying this way then the kudzu will my last legendary. Then my choice is enjoying the game as it is. But plz do something about the cost and items for the legendaries. They are already far over priced then the ascended weapons.

Are we talking 1st or 2nd (collection) gen? If 2nd I hear you. I quit mine when I saw all the mats required.

> I have started sometime ago with my first Legendary the Kudzu. I just started with the second tier and I see it is costing so much gold and items that it takes forever to get the legendary weapon. I play everyday and I'm so into getting the items that I don't make time to play with my other characters.

> Maybe a idea to make all items half of what you need to make it more fun to get that legendary you really want. If this is staying this way then the kudzu will my last legendary. Then my choice is enjoying the game as it is. But plz do something about the cost and items for the legendaries. They are already far over priced then the ascended weapons.

Farm the silverwastes for like 1h x day, then play all other characters.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

>

> Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

>

> Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

>

> Good luck farming!

If you are making a legendary weapon for the stat swap instead of the skin then you are probably wasting gold. For the price of a legendary you could be doing two swaps a week for at least the next decade years.

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

>

> Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

>

> Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

>

> Good luck farming!

Except that every time you swap/change stats you still need to buy the sigil/rune for it.

Ascended it's just a little more expensive to change stats on, but also it's over 100x cheaper to make, to begin with.

> @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> > That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

> >

> > Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

> >

> > Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

> >

> > Good luck farming!

>

> If you are making a legendary weapon for the stat swap instead of the skin then you are probably wasting gold. For the price of a legendary you could be doing two swaps a week for at least the next decade years.

This as well.

I gave up on ever wanting a legendary after finding out I can't even turn off those footprints.

If it helps at all the 2nd tier is by far the most expensive. Once you get through that the materials required for the other tiers are relatively minimal, until you get to the final step of making the actual legendary where you'll need 250 of each T6 material. But you can buy those with laurels so I highly recommend saving your laurels from now until you reach that step. (Also make the Mystic Clovers first because that recipe can give you T6 mats.)

Just don't rush it. I've been there. Tier 2 is awful on any collection, but there's no need to rush. Play what you like, come back to it regularly, but don't put all your focus into it or you risk burning yourself out. My first legendary (Nevermore) took me 4 months to complete, but I never regretted it and made many more legendaries after it. By the way, they took me a lot less time.

You can buy the precursors from the TP for that generation of Legendaries. That being said the cost is fine. It is a legendary weapon and it is suppose to be a high effort end game goal. What you do when you have finished everything else. There is no rush in finishing it. You can just finish it with normal play as you naturally acquire mats. It will take longer but no one is chasing you. No reason to burn yourself out. I took 4 months to make Flameseeker and more than 6 to make HOPE. I did not rush it and it was quite fun to do.

The real issue is that all the crafting sinks seem to be gathered into tier 2 and it makes the process more boring than it should. If those sinks where a bit more evenly distributed it might not have been that annoying.

As long as you find a way to monetize your every day gameplay, you'll get there eventually. Sell what you don't need, don't spend any more money on things other than your legendary, maybe ppl will pay you for something like crafting decorations or porting JPs, go around and gather mats on different characters if you like the open world, there's so many ways to get at least some gold these days and the game hardly asks for anything. If you're all geared up already you need maybe 3g in your wallet to pay for WPs, selling stuff on the TP, salvaging and harvesting.

As others have said, both the Legendary Longbow itself and its precursor can be bought on the TP. I don't know what's the cheapest way though and won't bother to look it up right now. The collections are a SAFE way to get your precursor, not a CHEAP one and I aprreciated the way they did it. Like it is now, you can just craft away the mats as they come and some day, you'll be done with it. Before that, you had to hope for a lucky drop, play the mystic lottery or save up hundreds of gold to buy the precursors of the TP.

Where I do understand the OP is that ANet could have streched the mat-sink over all the collections, instead of scramming it all in the second tier. I've heard many players complain about that certain step in their legendary journey. And it's frustrating to have the mat-sink in such a concentrated manner. I really enjoyed crafting H.O.P.E. and the story it had, and I liked crafting Eternity via the collections to try that system as well, but Tier 2 always felt tedious and not having much to do with the story of the weapon. I know, it's supposed to be a mat-sink on a mechanical level and should give you the feeling of, my character has now legendary crafting skills in crafting pistols f.e. but it's just a grind you get over with to continue the good, i.e. immersive, parts of any of those collections which are Tiers 3 and 4.

I have only 200gold when i craft my first legendary, but i knew it won’t be a task finishes in couple days. I setup short term and long term task and advance step by step every day.

It was a 10+ months project and endup i finished it by 6 months. I got only 20gold left in my pocket when i held my sunrise high in the sky proudly.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> > That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

> >

> > Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

> >

> > Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

> >

> > Good luck farming!

>

> Except that every time you swap/change stats you still need to buy the sigil/rune for it.

> Ascended it's just a little more expensive to change stats on, but also it's over 100x cheaper to make, to begin with.

>

> > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> > > That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

> > >

> > > Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

> > >

> > > Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

> > >

> > > Good luck farming!

> >

> > If you are making a legendary weapon for the stat swap instead of the skin then you are probably wasting gold. For the price of a legendary you could be doing two swaps a week for at least the next decade years.

>

> This as well.

> I gave up on ever wanting a legendary after finding out I can't even turn off those footprints.

You can transmute it to get rid of the footprints.

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> > > That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

> > >

> > > Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

> > >

> > > Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

> > >

> > > Good luck farming!

> >

> > Except that every time you swap/change stats you still need to buy the sigil/rune for it.

> > Ascended it's just a little more expensive to change stats on, but also it's over 100x cheaper to make, to begin with.

> >

> > > @Khisanth.2948 said:

> > > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > > You will never have to get another longbow ever for any of your characters after you craft it though. It has selectable stats, so it will work in any build you want.

> > > > That's why it's so expensive unfortunately. It's the "last weapon of that type you'll ever need" kind of a deal. I'd also love for the cost to be cheaper but i can understand why it's not.

> > > >

> > > > Legendary armor on the other hand could use a little less timegating imo, the price is basically the same as other legendary stuff but you have to wait more.

> > > >

> > > > Still. Legendaries are there as endgame items. They're not needed, but you also won't ever have to craft another ascended with different attributes on your characters.

> > > >

> > > > Good luck farming!

> > >

> > > If you are making a legendary weapon for the stat swap instead of the skin then you are probably wasting gold. For the price of a legendary you could be doing two swaps a week for at least the next decade years.

> >

> > This as well.

> > I gave up on ever wanting a legendary after finding out I can't even turn off those footprints.

>

> You can transmute it to get rid of the footprints.

Would remove the look too.

By that point, best to just get ascended then.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30685

The gw2efficiency link to Kudzu and all its components. Currently buying Leaf of Kudzu via a buy order costs 350g while crafting it costs 571g combined with a ton of achievements and lore stuff.

That said, every person goes through this process on his first legendary. Not using all the resources available (like checking what is cheaper, crafting or buying), not saving up items which are required long-term (mystic clovers for example and mystic coins), starting the process way to early and not being prepared for the total cost required, etc.

Here is my suggestions:

**- don't work on Kudzu at the expense of things you enjoy in the game. You will burn out I guarantee you**

- make a list of what you still need (or better yet, make a gw2efficiency account and use the tracker there)

- while playing the game, check off things you have completed from your list

- expect to need at least 6-12 months for your first legendary

Multiply those timelines exponentially if you work full time and take care of a family. Cool items like legendaries should not be such a grind or huge time investment. If you want super exclusive rewards it should be extremely hard to get titles. If you want to make it a super awesome skin I can even get on board with that. Quality of life gaming options like equipment stat swapping and aoe looting should be much more obtainable. After five years I finally got my wife to game with me more often because we unlocked aoe looting on her mastery track. She wasn't gaming with me cause she was super annoyed having to constantly loot what we killed. Turned out to be a simple fix that should not have taken us days of experience grinding to unlock for her. If I could easily swap her stats without having to grind gold to buy her new equipment every time we find a place where her build is ineffective we would both game more. I imagine I'm in a minority though. If the majority of the community likes it how it is I will stand down lol.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Multiply those timelines exponentially if you work full time and take care of a family. Cool items like legendaries should not be such a grind or huge time investment. If you want super exclusive rewards it should be extremely hard to get titles. If you want to make it a super awesome skin I can even get on board with that. Quality of life gaming options like equipment stat swapping and aoe looting should be much more obtainable. After five years I finally got my wife to game with me more often because we unlocked aoe looting on her mastery track. She wasn't gaming with me cause she was super annoyed having to constantly loot what we killed. Turned out to be a simple fix that should not have taken us days of experience grinding to unlock for her. If I could easily swap her stats without having to grind gold to buy her new equipment every time we find a place where her build is ineffective we would both game more. I imagine I'm in a minority though. If the majority of the community likes it how it is I will stand down lol.

I agree with you. But most people have already nolifed GW2 and made 10 legendaries, so if anet would make legendary acquisition easier all of those people would be triggered probably. But maybe not, who knows.

But it's not about the cost really, it's about the material sink. You can't sink materials into titles. You probably could with crafting, making collections and stuff, but most people wouldn't bother with that. WIth a legendary they get a useful thing in addition to the "exclusive" look (but personally, most legendaries look awful to me).

And to be honest, i'm fine with legendaries being a material sink. As well as kind of a gold sink.

What strikes me as odd though is how horribly unbalanced timegated materials are between PvE and WvW legendary armor for example. I'm making a WvW armor and with the amount of time i have to play WvW, i can get maybe 100-150 tickets a week out of about 350 max. And you need about (rounding numbers) 1500 tickets for 1 legendary piece which, if you max out weekly tickets takes you about 6 months for a set. To max out tickets you need to play for about 48 hours of uninterrupted playtime because you get pips every 5 minutes, so there's nothing to do but play WvW and wait.

Meanwhile, Raiders can spend 3-4 hours a week raiding to get their timegated materials, and they're done for the week. Granted, they need to learn raiding and be pretty good at it to be able to clear all raids in 4 hours, and craft provisioner tokens, but still... 4 hours vs 48 hours? What the hell Anet? If you have responsibilities in RL, there is no way you're going to be able to max out weekly skirmish tickets. That requirement is just insane and poorly thought out.

Still, i'll get my 100 tickets a week and i'll probably get the legendary armor by the time this game dies at the rate i'm progressing so whatever.

And i know what people are going to say, raiding takes skill and whatnot and i agree. But Raiders get the cool animated armor for their efforts. WvW also takes skill but can be done with half effort so they tried to "balance" the two. Except it isn't balanced at all, WvW takes way too long and doesn't reward a unique skin or title. So wouldn't it make more sense to make the WvW armor a bit less punishing to get?

About the weapons... They all have unique skins and animations not available anywhere else. Stat swapping on weapons is secondary at best because you're not going to make much change to your build by just swapping an attribute combo on a weapon. THey're mostly there for the "prestige" of having one. It's actually cheaper to use the mystic toilet recipe to change the attributes on your equipment than it is to get the legendary weapon, so to me, legendary weapons are there if you really want the skin. Legendary armor is a bigger QoL improvement than weapons.

So all in all, i agree with the material sink and the gold sink required to get them. What i don't get is the timegating on the armor requirements and why it's so poorly balanced.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> If it helps at all the 2nd tier is by far the most expensive. Once you get through that the materials required for the other tiers are relatively minimal, until you get to the final step of making the actual legendary where you'll need 250 of each T6 material. But you can buy those with laurels so I highly recommend saving your laurels from now until you reach that step. (Also make the Mystic Clovers first because that recipe can give you T6 mats.)

or these https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trophy_Shipment

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> As long as you find a way to monetize your every day gameplay, you'll get there eventually. Sell what you don't need, don't spend any more money on things other than your legendary, maybe ppl will pay you for something like crafting decorations or porting JPs, go around and gather mats on different characters if you like the open world, there's so many ways to get at least some gold these days and the game hardly asks for anything. If you're all geared up already you need maybe 3g in your wallet to pay for WPs, selling stuff on the TP, salvaging and harvesting.

>

> As others have said, both the Legendary Longbow itself and its precursor can be bought on the TP. I don't know what's the cheapest way though and won't bother to look it up right now. The collections are a SAFE way to get your precursor, not a CHEAP one and I aprreciated the way they did it. Like it is now, you can just craft away the mats as they come and some day, you'll be done with it. Before that, you had to hope for a lucky drop, play the mystic lottery or save up hundreds of gold to buy the precursors of the TP.

>

> Where I do understand the OP is that ANet could have streched the mat-sink over all the collections, instead of scramming it all in the second tier. I've heard many players complain about that certain step in their legendary journey. And it's frustrating to have the mat-sink in such a concentrated manner. I really enjoyed crafting H.O.P.E. and the story it had, and I liked crafting Eternity via the collections to try that system as well, but Tier 2 always felt tedious and not having much to do with the story of the weapon. I know, it's supposed to be a mat-sink on a mechanical level and should give you the feeling of, my character has now legendary crafting skills in crafting pistols f.e. but it's just a grind you get over with to continue the good, i.e. immersive, parts of any of those collections which are Tiers 3 and 4.

The precursor can be cheaper to buy but the completed legendary is basically never going to be cheaper because 1) you are also paying for the seller's listing fees and taxes 2) gift of exploration 3) gift of battle 4) dungeon tokens 5) possibly the cost of the recipe sheets if the seller remembered to include that in their calculations(gw2e does not include that cost, there is a good reason to leave out that cost but it is relevant if you are only making one copy)

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Multiply those timelines exponentially if you work full time and take care of a family. Cool items like legendaries should not be such a grind or huge time investment. If you want super exclusive rewards it should be extremely hard to get titles. If you want to make it a super awesome skin I can even get on board with that. Quality of life gaming options like equipment stat swapping and aoe looting should be much more obtainable. After five years I finally got my wife to game with me more often because we unlocked aoe looting on her mastery track. She wasn't gaming with me cause she was super annoyed having to constantly loot what we killed. Turned out to be a simple fix that should not have taken us days of experience grinding to unlock for her. If I could easily swap her stats without having to grind gold to buy her new equipment every time we find a place where her build is ineffective we would both game more. I imagine I'm in a minority though. If the majority of the community likes it how it is I will stand down lol.

I get where you are coming from, but have to add: legendary items are exactly for this reason prestige items and not required. Legendary grind is more there for the games economy than anything else.

May I offer some small advice:

- most mastery tracks will fill up while simply playing the game. Especially PoF will be half done by the time you finish the story the first time. Getting the auto loot mastery asap will help and one could argue that core Tyria is the most challenging to complete

- for HoT, joining a Hero Point train will yield not only enough Hero Points to max a new characters elite, it will also provide a TON of experiences as well as resources. People completely forget about them even though they are very valuable (and still often run during prime time)

- Living World Season 3, I can't repeat this often enough, is a very trinket friendly environment. Play around in those maps a bit and you'll have 6 ascended trinkets (backpiece, rings, accessories and amulet) together in no time

- exotic armor is FINE! people need to stop obsessing about pink. Unless you need the gear for fractal T4, don't go full ascended armor. I have 10 characters or so in full ascended and when playing new builds I still will utilize exotic armor. The increase is not worth the cost unless you are absolutely sure this is the class you want to play.

- ascended armor and weapons can be stat swapped for a minor fraction of their full price. Remember this if you absolutely need to change stats

- do quest lines like the Caladbolg one which provide easy ascended weapon access

I don't know what you wife enjoys playing, but if she enjoys supporting, let her play a druid. Put on some magi gear, get some ascended harrier trinkets and she will be solid in any game mode, even raids and fractals (though you would need ascended armor for T4 fractals due to agony).

Just take more time to make it. Without long-term goals the game becomes a pointless grind. It's good for you to have something to work toward. If you want to spend more time with your friends then just take longer to make the legendary. As others have said - the whole point is that not everyone gets these things.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> I am having a love/hate process with Twilight right now. Can't say for sure if I'll ever complete it.

Twilight was my first legendary, took over 1 year for me to make it. I'd absolutely say: just slowly work on it and most definitely don't "grind" it.

Also there is a new recepie/merchant for mystic clovers in case you have spare frelics https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused about something. I got the kudzu vol 1 and I am 2 pieces short of the Kudzu 1: The Experimental Longbow achievement (need the 2 fractal items- dandelion and red iris). I decided to try my hand at the mystic forge and got the Leaf of Kudzu after about 5 tries. So now what? Kudzu vol 2 is not unlocked even though I have the Master of Legends ability. Requirement is also to craft the first tier of the precursor. Maybe the Leaf of Kudzu is not the precursor and something is crafted from that? Do I still need to complete the achievement in order to get recipes? Just looking for a push in the right direction.