A simple change to both buff power thief DPS, and make specializations more interesting.

Westwater.1095

There's a particular trait that could be very useful for Thief's DPS if it didn't have a strict limitation that it has now. That trait is Revealed Training. It gives you 200 power whenever you're revealed. The idea behind this trait makes sense. It gives you a small damage boost after you come out of stealth. The thing is, this trait has the potential to be a lot more interesting if you added one additional trait as an option.

My suggestion, is add a new trait (that would preferably also be in Deadly Arts for synergy) that permanently applies Revealed to the thief. That's all it would do. This way you can choose whether you want it or not, and pairing it with Revealed Training would give you a large damage increase permanently at the cost of one of your class' core mechanics. This way if a thief was say, a daredevil and didn't care about stealth, they could forego the option entirely and just continue to raise their damage. Or if a thief wanted to still retain the stealth but still gain the added damage after an opening burst, they could just not take the permanent revealed trait.

I think this type of synergy is exactly what the specialization system was supposed to be designed for. Different traits that interact in ways to change how they work based on your choices. As far as what to replace, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure no one uses Lesser Needle Trap, so that could be a good candidate to get the boot.

It might also be worth considering adding an additional bonus to the permanent revealed trait, maybe an increased endurance regen or something to better synergize with Daredevil perhaps. I hope you consider this idea, Arenanet, and consider ways to add this same kind base specialization synergy to other classes. Have a nice day.

> @Westwater.1095 said:

> There's a particular trait that could be very useful for Thief's DPS if it didn't have a strict limitation that it has now. That trait is Revealed Training. It gives you 200 power whenever you're revealed. The idea behind this trait makes sense. It gives you a small damage boost after you come out of stealth. The thing is, this trait has the potential to be a lot more interesting if you added one additional trait as an option.

>

> My suggestion, is add a new trait (that would preferably also be in Deadly Arts for synergy) that permanently applies Revealed to the thief. That's all it would do. This way you can choose whether you want it or not, and pairing it with Revealed Training would give you a large damage increase permanently at the cost of one of your class' core mechanics. This way if a thief was say, a daredevil and didn't care about stealth, they could forego the option entirely and just continue to raise their damage. Or if a thief wanted to still retain the stealth but still gain the added damage after an opening burst, they could just not take the permanent revealed trait.

>

> I think this type of synergy is exactly what the specialization system was supposed to be designed for. Different traits that interact in ways to change how they work based on your choices. As far as what to replace, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure no one uses Lesser Needle Trap, so that could be a good candidate to get the boot.

>

> It might also be worth considering adding an additional bonus to the permanent revealed trait, maybe an increased endurance regen or something to better synergize with Daredevil perhaps. I hope you consider this idea, Arenanet, and consider ways to add this same kind base specialization synergy to other classes. Have a nice day.

**'Don't add more fuel to the fire'**

Thief need a complete redesign. Not to be given more reasons to remain in their toxic state

> @Westwater.1095 said:

> There's a particular trait that could be very useful for Thief's DPS if it didn't have a strict limitation that it has now. That trait is Revealed Training. It gives you 200 power whenever you're revealed. The idea behind this trait makes sense. It gives you a small damage boost after you come out of stealth. The thing is, this trait has the potential to be a lot more interesting if you added one additional trait as an option.

>

> My suggestion, is add a new trait (that would preferably also be in Deadly Arts for synergy) that permanently applies Revealed to the thief. That's all it would do. This way you can choose whether you want it or not, and pairing it with Revealed Training would give you a large damage increase permanently at the cost of one of your class' core mechanics. This way if a thief was say, a daredevil and didn't care about stealth, they could forego the option entirely and just continue to raise their damage. Or if a thief wanted to still retain the stealth but still gain the added damage after an opening burst, they could just not take the permanent revealed trait.

>

> I think this type of synergy is exactly what the specialization system was supposed to be designed for. Different traits that interact in ways to change how they work based on your choices. As far as what to replace, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure no one uses Lesser Needle Trap, so that could be a good candidate to get the boot.

>

> It might also be worth considering adding an additional bonus to the permanent revealed trait, maybe an increased endurance regen or something to better synergize with Daredevil perhaps. I hope you consider this idea, Arenanet, and consider ways to add this same kind base specialization synergy to other classes. Have a nice day.

Or they could change revealed trait to something else that doesn't require perma reveal....

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Westwater.1095 said:

> > There's a particular trait that could be very useful for Thief's DPS if it didn't have a strict limitation that it has now. That trait is Revealed Training. It gives you 200 power whenever you're revealed. The idea behind this trait makes sense. It gives you a small damage boost after you come out of stealth. The thing is, this trait has the potential to be a lot more interesting if you added one additional trait as an option.

> >

> > My suggestion, is add a new trait (that would preferably also be in Deadly Arts for synergy) that permanently applies Revealed to the thief. That's all it would do. This way you can choose whether you want it or not, and pairing it with Revealed Training would give you a large damage increase permanently at the cost of one of your class' core mechanics. This way if a thief was say, a daredevil and didn't care about stealth, they could forego the option entirely and just continue to raise their damage. Or if a thief wanted to still retain the stealth but still gain the added damage after an opening burst, they could just not take the permanent revealed trait.

> >

> > I think this type of synergy is exactly what the specialization system was supposed to be designed for. Different traits that interact in ways to change how they work based on your choices. As far as what to replace, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure no one uses Lesser Needle Trap, so that could be a good candidate to get the boot.

> >

> > It might also be worth considering adding an additional bonus to the permanent revealed trait, maybe an increased endurance regen or something to better synergize with Daredevil perhaps. I hope you consider this idea, Arenanet, and consider ways to add this same kind base specialization synergy to other classes. Have a nice day.

>

> **'Don't add more fuel to the fire'**

>

> Thief need a complete redesign. Not to be given more reasons to remain in their toxic state

>

>

Why does thief need a complete redesign and what should it be redesigned to and what will be the different aspects of it that will make a whole profession?

> @kash.9213 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > @Westwater.1095 said:

> > > There's a particular trait that could be very useful for Thief's DPS if it didn't have a strict limitation that it has now. That trait is Revealed Training. It gives you 200 power whenever you're revealed. The idea behind this trait makes sense. It gives you a small damage boost after you come out of stealth. The thing is, this trait has the potential to be a lot more interesting if you added one additional trait as an option.

> > >

> > > My suggestion, is add a new trait (that would preferably also be in Deadly Arts for synergy) that permanently applies Revealed to the thief. That's all it would do. This way you can choose whether you want it or not, and pairing it with Revealed Training would give you a large damage increase permanently at the cost of one of your class' core mechanics. This way if a thief was say, a daredevil and didn't care about stealth, they could forego the option entirely and just continue to raise their damage. Or if a thief wanted to still retain the stealth but still gain the added damage after an opening burst, they could just not take the permanent revealed trait.

> > >

> > > I think this type of synergy is exactly what the specialization system was supposed to be designed for. Different traits that interact in ways to change how they work based on your choices. As far as what to replace, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure no one uses Lesser Needle Trap, so that could be a good candidate to get the boot.

> > >

> > > It might also be worth considering adding an additional bonus to the permanent revealed trait, maybe an increased endurance regen or something to better synergize with Daredevil perhaps. I hope you consider this idea, Arenanet, and consider ways to add this same kind base specialization synergy to other classes. Have a nice day.

> >

> > **'Don't add more fuel to the fire'**

> >

> > Thief need a complete redesign. Not to be given more reasons to remain in their toxic state

> >

> >

>

> Why does thief need a complete redesign and what should it be redesigned to and what will be the different aspects of it that will make a whole profession?

https://kotaku.com/5780900/the-guild-wars-2-thief-is-a-rogue-like-none-other

During gw2 beta testing; some gw2 developers stated that thief wasn't a class inttended to be created until the last minute. In other words; thief was rushed into the game and was given everything to make them survive every nerfs.

Thief is Anet perfect product class.

Thief brings Anet a lot of profit because it can do everything with efficiently

That is the reason why you are Anet Favorite Class

The only option is to completely redesign them all over again slowly and carefully.

That is the reason why the community hate thief but Anet doesn't care because thief are profit to them

It is said thief players that you are only a money making machine :(

Thief is their own victim by design...sad

(You are not alone; mesmer is Anet 2nd Favorite class... having almost the same story)

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> During gw2 beta testing; some gw2 developers stated that thief wasn't a class attended to be created until the last minute. In other words; thief was rushed into the game and was given everything to make them survive every nerfs.

The Engineer at the release was rushed (and with a ton of bugs and inconsistencies), not the Thief, the rest of that talk is just stupid.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> Thief brings Anet a lot of profit because it can do everything with efficiently

>

> That is the reason why you are Anet Favorite Class

>

> The only option is to completely redesign them all over again slowly and carefully.

>

> That is the reason why the community hate thief but Anet doesn't care because thief are profit to them

>

> It is said thief players that you are only a money making machine :(

Wow, sentence after sentence the bullkitten is just piling up.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @kash.9213 said:

> > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > @Westwater.1095 said:

> > > > There's a particular trait that could be very useful for Thief's DPS if it didn't have a strict limitation that it has now. That trait is Revealed Training. It gives you 200 power whenever you're revealed. The idea behind this trait makes sense. It gives you a small damage boost after you come out of stealth. The thing is, this trait has the potential to be a lot more interesting if you added one additional trait as an option.

> > > >

> > > > My suggestion, is add a new trait (that would preferably also be in Deadly Arts for synergy) that permanently applies Revealed to the thief. That's all it would do. This way you can choose whether you want it or not, and pairing it with Revealed Training would give you a large damage increase permanently at the cost of one of your class' core mechanics. This way if a thief was say, a daredevil and didn't care about stealth, they could forego the option entirely and just continue to raise their damage. Or if a thief wanted to still retain the stealth but still gain the added damage after an opening burst, they could just not take the permanent revealed trait.

> > > >

> > > > I think this type of synergy is exactly what the specialization system was supposed to be designed for. Different traits that interact in ways to change how they work based on your choices. As far as what to replace, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure no one uses Lesser Needle Trap, so that could be a good candidate to get the boot.

> > > >

> > > > It might also be worth considering adding an additional bonus to the permanent revealed trait, maybe an increased endurance regen or something to better synergize with Daredevil perhaps. I hope you consider this idea, Arenanet, and consider ways to add this same kind base specialization synergy to other classes. Have a nice day.

> > >

> > > **'Don't add more fuel to the fire'**

> > >

> > > Thief need a complete redesign. Not to be given more reasons to remain in their toxic state

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why does thief need a complete redesign and what should it be redesigned to and what will be the different aspects of it that will make a whole profession?

>

>

> https://kotaku.com/5780900/the-guild-wars-2-thief-is-a-rogue-like-none-other

>

> During gw2 beta testing; some gw2 developers stated that thief wasn't a class inttended to be created until the last minute. In other words; thief was rushed into the game and was given everything to make them survive every nerfs.

>

> Thief is Anet perfect product class.

>

> Thief brings Anet a lot of profit because it can do everything with efficiently

>

> That is the reason why you are Anet Favorite Class

>

> The only option is to completely redesign them all over again slowly and carefully.

>

> That is the reason why the community hate thief but Anet doesn't care because thief are profit to them

>

> It is said thief players that you are only a money making machine :(

>

> Thief is their own victim by design...sad

>

> (You are not alone; mesmer is Anet 2nd Favorite class... having almost the same story)

>

Well thank you very much. There's some context for your next thief thread.

I think Revealed Training is alright as is OP, the duration is just about enough to roll through an opener and get into Executioner area. Might be a bit much also with Revealed Malice and BQoBK. It's a cool idea but as is it can go too far into horrible or over powered depending on your other traits.

> @"Westwater.1095" said:

>

>

Revealed is a horrible mechanic and a lazy fix to limit stealth. Technically, if the Thief is not in stealth, they are revealed, obviously. Thus this mechanic muddles the definition of what is considered "revealed".

This mechanic didn't have to rely on revealed status if implemented like Hidden Killer. A +200 power buff can independently exist without relying on revealed status when an attack was done from stealth. This way, they can choose to extend the buff duration without changing anything else.

What they are trying to justify is that they want the Thief to have a counter against a counter to stealth, thus if a skill applies a longer Revealed debuff duration, the idea is that the Thief will not suffer as much since it will give them +200 power. What ArenaNet fails to acknowledge is that Revealed not only removes access to stealth, it also removes access to the whole Shadow Arts traitline and the stealth attacks. This is why Revealed is a lazy mechanic and should not be used to build anything upon. The existence of Shadow Meld makes Revealed debuff even more unnecessary.

Removing Revealed from all Thief's skills and traits is the only solution, not expanding on it.