I have a confession...

Sky.7610

What i do is put myself down as a guildbanner with a tonic, not far off a waypoint. Then i take the waypoint so my banner stays there and my name plate is at the wp. then i announce banner at x wp and most times people come and wonder why they can't click it.

Edit; this no longer seems to work...

> @"Sky.7610" said:

> I like to run around in newbie zones mailing new players 'Twisted Watchwork Portal Device' (which sends them to random location in the world). I then encourage them to use it to bring them to the promised land. Free test subjects.

I've thought about doing that. I've had one in my inventory for awhile. I'd be funny if there was a toy item that gives out one twisted watchwork device per player then drop the toy at the new player starter areas.

lol brilliant

there used to be something similar in Lotro where you had a keg of dodgy beer from Moria as a Guild Hall decoration. Guild officers would encourage unsuspecting players to drink it for a buff and then laugh when the player woke up dizzy and drunk in the middle of an end game zone...

Good times!

Simply amazing idea. I actually did this on purpose myself with a lowbie ranger. (lvl 20 boosted) I bought a bunch of gear and eventually made my way through Orr. (I think I had hit 23 by then) Was quite a challenge to get around without ever getting hit, and I had a fun time. I was inspired by a similar journey I took in wow on my old hunter. Taking a lowbie into high level zones is always so interesting when I'm learning a new game. But sending others into them, without them knowing what's happening, that's a recipe for fun! haha

Great idea, I'll be sure to do this on occasion. (especially when I see duos walking the world *evilgrin* x_x, you get to split them up for a moment, and there's a good chance their are on voice com, so one of them gets a good lul when their team mate disappears and starts screaming on ventrilo. haha)

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> Ohhhh that's brilliant, gotta try it out.

>

> Personally, I often disguise myself as a cow/bull with a tonic, and blend in with other bulls/cows in the starter areas, or slowly walk the roads. Puzzled newbies always come to check out why that animal has a player tag, often resulting in pretty humorous whispers.

lol awesome!!